Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 How About The Terror Shout?, Have a look at this.
redbreast
post Aug 10 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxYYzCw8qAM

I wonder if anyone knows more about the real thing, i.e. the Terror Shout that is little known but legendary in several ancient cultures.

I've had an odd ability to frighten and unnerve my enemies with my shout since I was a child. Perhaps it's a recalled ability from a previous life, I don't know- something in my guts has always told me I'm best not to know, so I've never tried investigating my previous lives. Seriously dangerous thugs and bullies have been disorientated and put temporarily at my mercy by it, which is often enough for me to gain advantage.

there's a point within the shout where I feel it link in to my inner spirit, and something is released; I feel in that microsecond it happens, and that it then connects to them and ravages their psychic bodies/auras.

If I could discover the method, or at least have a starting point to work from, I think I could develop it to reach its' potential.

Anyone have any info?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

esoterica
post Aug 11 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

here's what i have - this is the first time i heard it called terror shout lol

universal scream - breaks bonds of time and space and disorients any who are not familiar with being outside time and space
screamed with every fiber of the body, mind and heart as well as the lungs - visualize projection unto the very ends of the universe (which has no ends, so you get the idea - think really big 'everything' manifestation) - freezes everything in its tracks for a second, or two if their slow or not used to being disoriented - think your mom's yell of your full name when she catches you doing something bad/wrong, that kind of freeze - was featured in the highlander tv series as a woman's weapon (creator energy) when the woman stopped the two fighters by using it , they just stopped fighting and looked at her funny

that's it - enjoy - you obviously used it in a previous life - looked there yet?

es

This post has been edited by esoterica: Aug 11 2008, 08:50 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

redbreast
post Aug 11 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks very much ES.

That's a bit more to go on. I'll see what I can find on it.

Can I ask what book or source you get that from?

Of course, Crossley's behavior in the story is quite reprehensible, and he does get his Karmic punishment at the end - I think I'd be more sensible with such a weapon. He's quite reckless with his powers, but then that's what makes the story I guess! From what I can glean from the film, he learned the basic shout/scream from another magician, but spent years developing it further himself, until it became deadly. Unfortunately, it's also indiscriminate- everything that hears it close by and without protection dies. I wonder if intent combined with emotion and visualisation could focus it on those one means it for, and not unduly affect innocent bystanders and animals, etc.

That's what I'd prefer, but I realise when non-occultists witness a magical event, it can possibly displace their Kia, and their placement in time and space, which can result in their illness, insanity or death through the spiritual disorientation. It may not be something whose effects I could be selective with, therefore.

This post has been edited by redbreast: Aug 11 2008, 10:45 AM

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Aug 11 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #4

Practicus
Group Icon

IN as much as anything psychological is inherently mystical, and visa versa, the shout - particularly the ability to stun people with a 'terror shout' (i'll try to find the japanese term for it, it is mentioned in ninjitsu as a paralyzing technique) - is basic psychology universal to human nature. The scream is a warning sign of danger, meant to both stun the dangerous animal attacking, and to warn others of the species that there is danger near. If you scream unexpectedly at even a terribly dangerous animal - even the ones which cannot hear, as they feel the vibrations in the air and ground - it will stop dead in its tracks and either run, or at least be stunned for a moment. The same goes with people. It is very, very difficult to maintain your concentration and focus on the task at hand if you were to, say, attack someone who suddenly released a very piercing shout. This is simply because your brain is wired to respond to it. Like a mother who hears a baby crying. It 'pulls on her heart' - because she's wired to respond to it. A father simply doesn't experience that for the same reason; he's not wired for it. He may feel hurt, or compassion, or wish he could do something, but a man cannot ever know what a mother feels when she hears that sound, because our brains simply don't allow for it. We have a different function.

Matter and energy are, of course, completely interchangeable. But, the only 'mystical' secret to the shout, in terms of it being obscure (it is mostly only obscure to 'civilized' white people, honestly) is it's execution, which must be done with complete commitment and release. You cannot be 'nervous' about yelling, you have to invest yourself into it totally. And yes, sometimes people will pass out. Can someone die? Maybe, if you startled them so intensely that they have a heart attack, aneurysm, or something similar. Unlikely in the case of a healthy person though.

In the end, all things are mystical; in the end, nothing is mystical.

peace
V

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Aug 12 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #5

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

rb: "Can I ask what book or source you get that from?"

from my bos - in the notes of stuff i've heard of or found over the years - no note of where i heard it first, perhaps even a previous life experience - again i suggest looking back to what you were since the method attracts you so greatly, possibly signifying a previous life attachment - trying this and that now without looking back to when you were a master of it is silly - regaining prior knowledge is the key to, well, everything, imo

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

redbreast
post Aug 13 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks guys, I appreciate your postings.

ES, well, as I said, something strongly tells me NOT to go into my previous life, particularly the last one, if that makes any sense, seeing that I'm personally not 100% sure about earthly reincarnation- I've never felt I belonged here, I feel I was in another totally seperate world previously. Seriously, I can remember being born, I recall the big Afro-English nurse who delivered me, [and I believe newborns can't even see properly?] and I vaguely but definitely recall being forced down a tunnel, struggling and resisting, into this world against my will. I recall almost everything in my life, including being bottle-fed, nursery school, early 70's Doctor Who monsters and Pop hits, etc, and almost everything since! I've always felt different, I've never been the average Joe Bloggs.

I think I was either a bit of a serious bad guy in my last existence, or else I was somehow wrongly bullied into being here. Personally I think it's the latter, and to find out would upset me so much I might freak and seek terrible vengeance on whatever forced me here. I don't belong here at all, I've always known that: I've never felt rigidly bound by physical laws, either. But I honestly think in my case, investigating a previous existence is not good for my spiritual lessons in this one. I'm curious of course, who isn't, but I think it takes strength to leave well alone, in my case. I really do feel in my heart I'd be waking a sleeping monster.

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Aug 17 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

hmmm this shout that you mentioned, i have done it while i was projecting. i could literally see the waves coming out of my mouth...and yes, i got the sense that it was "outside time and space". i suppose its just another kind of vibration people can do.

what peaks my curiosity is a similar idea...an insanity scream. its not the name of it of course...but the idea is pretty self-explanatory.... think Berserkers or the Banshee. in one of my dreams (which i got the sense was actually one of my old lives) i was in the middle of a battle field...and i let out this horrifying brain-piercing scream that seemed to cause every one within hearing distance to go insane and turn on themselves with their own weapons.

i no longer, obviously, have this ability...and it may have only ever been just a dream...but sometimes i feel the strong urge to scream whenever someone is confronting me. its like a darker sleeping part of my psyche is trying to rear out of my body. to 'wake up' if you will.
you may or may not agree with my own personal explanation: sometimes i feel the overwhelming need to take up arms and defend myself with superhuman powers...because anything violent yet physically bound just wouldn't do the trick. I do not make up the super 'power'...its an archetype that can be inherited through culture. Pure unadulterated unashamed unapologetic rage=power and invincibility. Its a power of the mind, and not of the physical body. Believing i have this power, puts me above the rest. And physically? people pick up on that fierce energy!

this may or may not work for you, and thats ok. its just another possible explanation that im giving you.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Aug 18 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #8

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

QUOTE(valkyrie @ Aug 17 2008, 04:56 PM) *
Pure unadulterated unashamed unapologetic rage=power and invincibility

indeed! - but it can lead to false security and even pride/ego problems and that can lead to defeat too - the ancients understood this power just fine - check out ancient chinese and japanese stories of generals being defeated with boasting and pride going before the fall, with bluffing and loss of secret powers

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Aug 18 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

"Like a mother who hears a baby crying. It 'pulls on her heart' - because she's wired to respond to it. A father simply doesn't experience that for the same reason; he's not wired for it. He may feel hurt, or compassion, or wish he could do something, but a man cannot ever know what a mother feels when she hears that sound, because our brains simply don't allow for it. We have a different function."

I disagree with that old fashion thinking. Let me guess women naturally want to take care of children and clean while men naturally are unfaithful and want to provide and protect. . .

Anyways I agree that this is probably an ability from your past life, I think you should investigate it but thats just me.

This post has been edited by Aphrodite: Aug 18 2008, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post

Trimorphia
post Aug 28 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

Really interesting topic, thankyou so much for posting this.

I have come across this phenomena in martial arts. Well, I've heard of it but never practised it myself. It is fairly well-recognised in the mythological and traditional canon, and amongst those who hint provocatively at higher talents and mystical knowledge (which these days is pretty much everyone who's ever taken a karate class or watched a Jackie Chan movie ;-). As I read your post I remembered that I had an odd, old clip of such a demonstration of the 'shout' by some oriental 'masters'. Dug it out - it is quite funny really (much more of a public demonstration, with layers upon layers of theatrical effect piled on - but it is quite entertaining and amusing nonetheless). I'd post it online if I was a bit more tech-savvy - if anyone wants to see it let me know how and I'd be happy to distribute.

Redbreast - I found your personal comments particularly revealing. I think you have exceptional awareness and judgement regarding your past. And you are right; it takes more strength to leave certain doors unopened, especially when one is on a path of self-knowledge and understanding, where the temptation to uncover personal and universal mysteries is so strong. Everything about your story really hit a nerve (many, many parallels to my own experiences). There are times when it is for our benefit that things are revealed to us, and likewise, times when it is better we don't know everything. I truly understand from personal experience how it is to live on the knife edge of desiring to know from whence we came, while every cell in our various bodies tells us that those doors are best not fully opened just yet. Funny thing, that.

And your choice of avatar? Well, that's an interesting one........!

(And just wanted to add; vagrant dreamer, I love that comment "in the end, all things are mystical; in the end, nothing is mystical." Nice.)

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse