Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 What Happened?
Rachel
post Dec 29 2006, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well I finally got the whole concentration / meditation thing down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Thanks to everyone who replied in my last post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Anywho, Last night I was doing a breathing excersize to help me sleep (which did work by the way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)) and while I was concentrating on my breathing I felt like I was being pulled forward not so much physically but more spiritually? I think I may have started astral projection without even trying but other than that i'm not sure what it could have been? I wasn't frightened just startled but I was just wondering if you guys would have known what that might have been. Also I don't know if it will happen every time but how could I control it? I'm not so much interested in astral projection at the moment but I would like to try it one day. I'm actually trying to focus on telekinisis more than anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

- Rachel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

Edit: I tried it again just for fun but this time I lay down. It took a few minutes but after I had grounded myself with breathing my eyes felt like they were trying to open but I was trying to keep them shut I was aware of this while it was happening. I could see my room kinda blurry but beneath that it was dark completely black. I think my eyes were rolling back into my head. I heard that your eyes roll back in your head while obe? It was kinda uncomfortable so I shut them completely but after doing that I was unable to do concentrate on my breathing because of the darn phone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/doh.gif) gotta remember to unplug that =P ah well it was a cool experience though. Also between my eyebrows was kinda numb. Where as last night my whole body was numb while I was being pulled forward. I feel kinda light headed at the moment but I feel really good as well ( like when you get a massage good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)).

I'll probably record my experiences in this post if anybody's interested in hearing them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Rachel: Dec 29 2006, 02:22 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Faustopheles
post Dec 29 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Greetings Rachel,

Seems like you experienced the first stage of astral projection- while awake. What happened is that your astral body expanded within your physical body and began to dislodge. It produces a strange dizzy feeling in your solar plexus. This happens pretty much every night while you dream. Because you are now learning to relax your mind and body, you tricked your conscious mind into thinking you were asleep (through deep physical relaxation), and this triggered your astral body to begin the separation process. The sensation of being startled is your conscious mind realizing that you are not asleep and becoming aware of the physical body so as to end the projection.

As you become more proficient in relaxation and controlling thoughts you will develop conscious control over your astral body. In fact, quite likely you will not experience this spontaneous separation for a rather long time, or until you begin to do it consciously. This is because your conscious mind has recorded the experience and now knows that it was tricked into entering "sleep mode", it will be much more careful in the future before triggering the astral body. With practice and by learning how to activate your chakras and exude pressure on the astral body you will be able to project at Will, and you will experience a whole new fascinating reality.

This post has been edited by Faustopheles: Dec 29 2006, 01:21 PM

+Quote Post

Rachel
post Dec 29 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faustopheles @ Dec 29 2006, 02:19 PM) *
Greetings Rachel,

Seems like you experienced the first stage of astral projection- while awake. What happened is that your astral body expanded within your physical body and began to dislodge. It produces a strange dizzy feeling in your solar plexus. This happens pretty much every night while you dream. Because you are now learning to relax your mind and body, you tricked your conscious mind into thinking you were asleep (through deep physical relaxation), and this triggered your astral body to begin the separation process. The sensation of being startled is your conscious mind realizing that you are not asleep and becoming aware of the physical body so as to end the projection.

As you become more proficient in relaxation and controlling thoughts you will develop conscious control over your astral body. In fact, quite likely you will not experience this spontaneous separation for a rather long time, or until you begin to do it consciously. This is because your conscious mind has recorded the experience and now knows that it was tricked into entering "sleep mode", it will be much more careful in the future before triggering the astral body. With practice and by learning how to activate your chakras and exude pressure on the astral body you will be able to project at Will, and you will experience a whole new fascinating reality.

Thank you Faustopheles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) You always have great explinations (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) That is what I thought happened I just wanted to make sure. Well even after I realized what was happening it continued to happen a couple times untill I decided to stop. It is good to know though thank you very much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Enochian
post Dec 29 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Greetings Rachel and Faust,

Everything he said. Plus if you want to control what happened than just dont control it....lol
What i mean is you have to be able to feel all this and much more with no reaction. Just continue to work at it.
One thing i do recomend WHOLE heartedly is once you are determined to obe do not stop. If you take a night or two thats fine. But do not set it aside for another project until its accomplished at least once. This in my humble opinion (with the exception of fear) is the number one reason people fail. By the way once you accomplish it one time you wont be setting it aside any time soon... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Enochian: Dec 29 2006, 01:56 PM

--------------------
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law". Abrahadabra

Om Bhur Bhuva Suvah
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

+Quote Post

Rachel
post Dec 29 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Enochian @ Dec 29 2006, 02:52 PM) *
Greetings Rachel and Faust,

Everything he said. Plus if you want to control what happened than just dont control it....lol
What i mean is you have to be able to feel all this and much more with no reaction. Just continue to work at it.
One thing i do recomend WHOLE heartedly is once you are determined to obe do not stop. If you take a night or two thats fine. But do not set it aside for another project until its accomplished at least once. This in my humble opinion (with the exception of fear) is the number one reason people fail. By the way once you accomplish it one time you wont be setting it aside any time soon... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thanks for the input Eno (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I have decided to take your advice and continue with it. I believe your absolutely right about putting things aside. I'm going to record my progress in this thread if your interested to see how it goes. I've already tried it again and have edited my first post if you'd like to take a look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post

Faustopheles
post Dec 29 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

Greetings Rachel and Enochian,

One thing i do recomend WHOLE heartedly is once you are determined to obe do not stop. If you take a night or two thats fine. But do not set it aside for another project until its accomplished at least once. This in my humble opinion (with the exception of fear) is the number one reason people fail. By the way once you accomplish it one time you wont be setting it aside any time soon... laugh.gif

That is excellent advice! Rachel, I'm glad to hear that you will follow through with this, and do keep us posted.

+Quote Post

Enochian
post Dec 29 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

That is excellant. I will not lie to you it may take some time. On the other hand the younger people im learning are picking up very quickly on all esoteric matters. It may be the whole 2012 deal or even the indigo child affect.
Ill be looking forward to watching the thread. Dont feel uncomfortable putting down what happens. I remember the first time i breathed through my ear or through my skin i thought i had some disorder....lol. I laugh now but when it happened while in deep trance well needless to say it ruined my concentration....lol

--------------------

Om Bhur Bhuva Suvah
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

+Quote Post

Rachel
post Dec 29 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Enochian @ Dec 29 2006, 03:43 PM) *
That is excellant. I will not lie to you it may take some time. On the other hand the younger people im learning are picking up very quickly on all esoteric matters. It may be the whole 2012 deal or even the indigo child affect.
Ill be looking forward to watching the thread. Dont feel uncomfortable putting down what happens. I remember the first time i breathed through my ear or through my skin i thought i had some disorder....lol. I laugh now but when it happened while in deep trance well needless to say it ruined my concentration....lol

Yup I realize that i'm not expecting it to happen overnight although that would be awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) I am really looking forward to posting more stuff on here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) How did you manage that ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I had a good laugh but i'm sure i'll probably Have something weirder happen to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/head_hurts_kr.gif) Oh yea just a quick question for you. How long did it take you to accomplish obe? Just wondering (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post

Enochian
post Dec 29 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

From the time i started until i completed my first was only a couple of weeks. although i did have prior practice where i quit do to thinking that lucid dreaming was superior and would get me everywhere i needed. Now i realize both are important and in differant ways.

Here is a summary of my first experiance i think it is entry #33

http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=81

This post has been edited by Enochian: Dec 29 2006, 04:07 PM

--------------------

Om Bhur Bhuva Suvah
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

+Quote Post

Rachel
post Dec 29 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

My 3rd try: It took particularly longer this time I guess because I'm getting used to it. It was extremely strong this time. Instead of sitting or lying down I sat up in bed. It took me about 15 minutes I think to completely ground myself. When I did so I got extremely numb and twitchy.. yes twitchy and felt that pulling sensation but stronger it kinda felt like i was vibrating a bit. I started to feel sick really sick.. but I stayed like that as long as possible I felt like I was going to throw up. I believe I was just about to split from my body but i'm guessing that because it was my first time my bodys way of reacting was to make me feel sick.My eyes were starting to open again and when they do that its a sign that I have to stop. I also felt nervous while this was all happening and I believe that is what caused me to stop. I feel dizzy while i'm typing this I keep falling forward a bit. This is so far the strongest sensation i've had yet. I didn't like the feeling of being sick or dizzy but those are signs of getting closer which I am looking forward to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Rachel: Dec 29 2006, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post

Enochian
post Dec 29 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

I have rarely encountered sickness. Maybe one or two times but that does not mean you will not. As for you starting to see. It is very common to see through the closed eyelids at certain times when you are close. So watch for that. If it happens you are very close indeed. Maybe Faust has some more info on feeling sick. I could only speculate and say that it would be from a mass energy build up at a certain point makeing you ill. Just as if your chakra were out of whack.

--------------------

Om Bhur Bhuva Suvah
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

+Quote Post

Rachel
post Dec 29 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Enochian @ Dec 29 2006, 06:30 PM) *
I have rarely encountered sickness. Maybe one or two times but that does not mean you will not. As for you starting to see. It is very common to see through the closed eyelids at certain times when you are close. So watch for that. If it happens you are very close indeed. Maybe Faust has some more info on feeling sick. I could only speculate and say that it would be from a mass energy build up at a certain point makeing you ill. Just as if your chakra were out of whack.

That sounds about right with the energy build up. There was alot of energy that I could feel.

My fourth and last attempt today: This is the last i'm doing for today i've probably done to much already. Anywho well my mom never misses a cue to interrupt me by knocking on the door. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) After I had told my mom not to bother me once again *sigh I continued. Now this time I was completely numb. I was twitching alot more as well. I was fighting to keep my eyes shut mainly for the reason I could see a blueish orb when my eye's were shut. I believe that blueish orb was the build up of energy. I tried to focus on that but it quickly dissapated and when I got up I was light headed and my arms are hurting like I was carrying something heavy? I'm guessing that were most of the energy either went to or came from because my arms were more numb than everything else while I was grounded. I also had the same problem with my nerves as before but I did manage to tone down the fear a bit. It will be something I have to work on for a bit.

That's all for today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) More to come tomorrow special thanks to faust & eno for their continued support & explanations (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Rachel: Dec 29 2006, 06:22 PM

+Quote Post

Enochian
post Dec 29 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

Its possible the blue orb was a sign that you were to exit via your throat chakra.

http://www.astralvoyage.com/ this is a link to a site that helped me out very much.

This post has been edited by Enochian: Dec 29 2006, 08:24 PM

--------------------

Om Bhur Bhuva Suvah
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat

+Quote Post

Rachel
post Dec 30 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Enochian @ Dec 29 2006, 09:02 PM) *
Its possible the blue orb was a sign that you were to exit via your throat chakra.

http://www.astralvoyage.com/ this is a link to a site that helped me out very much.

That site is awesome thanks for sharing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) & yes I suppose so.

5th Attempt: Nothing really different happened this time. I was completly numb and well my eyes were shut and I could see through them but I don't know if they were completely shut because I have a hard time keeping them shut during this process. I did see most of my room though so I think for the majority of the time they were shut. Like I said nothing to special but i'll keep updating (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse