Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Huna + Bardon, complementary systems?
Jabberwock
post Aug 6 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Greetings!

It's been awhile since I last posted. I've been busy with school and my own personal..."studies".

Anyway, I've recently read a book by Enid Hoffman called Huna: A Beginner's Guide. Basiclly it is a shamanic tradition of the kahuna of hawaii. The book illustrates the construction of the human soul and body (much akin to the egyption ba/ka system), and I felt immediately attracted to the way things are described. The book mostly deals with you removing inner blocks and "flaws", using energy to obtain your wishes/prayers (basiclly spells).

This information has helped me in my magic immensely! I've only done three or four workings since I've started the exercises in it and each one has not only worked, but far exceeeded my expectations.

Now, going through the book again I recognize a few similarities between Franz Bardon and some of the self-clensing exercies. having tried the Brdon methods, but only getting moderate success I tried these Huna teachings in their place and found that they work much more effectively (at least for me). I haven't had time to devote a regular schedule of practice, but I plan to.

My question is basiclly just wondering if anyone has tried to mix and match Bardon and Huna, or Huna and anything...or Bardon and anything. Or modified bardon's exercises, as I find many of them are...of an opinion I don't share.

PAX

--------------------
By a route obscure and lonely,
Haunted by ill angels only,
Where an Eidolon, named NIGHT,
On a black throne reigns upright,
I have reached these lands but newly
From an ultimate dim Thule-
From a wild clime that lieth, sublime,
Out of SPACE- out of TIME.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Aug 28 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

It is really interesting that you mention Huna by Enid Hoffman...I knew her thirty years ago and took some psionic classes and some Huna classes taught by her. I helped her in publishing that book! Enid was a real ball of fire! She wrote that book when she was in her sixties...for all I know she's probably still alive and well in Mexico! Being a Bardon fan and a Hoffman friend has meant that I've combined some of the exercises from each with fairly good and positive results! Good luck! You won't be disappointed...Also, check out the MP3 files in the Library on the Silva (Mind Control) method. Again, you'll be happy that you did! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Siamese
post Sep 23 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Huna is a very interesting discipline and I think it can have crossover to ritual magick.

The clearing processes you talk about could be used, for example, to clear out any personal blockages (conscious and unconscious) that will hinder you getting magickal results. Seems like a small thing but I've found it's actually very important in doing practical magick. Most rituals that don't work seem to have some sort of personal block involved, so by clearing them out you can massively increase your success rate.

Another thing I've pulled from Huna is the use of the HA breath when playing with energy. This concept of breathing (in through the nose and out through the mouth with a "ha" sound) is also in many other Eastern Qigong practices but it also appears in Huna as an aid to collecting and distributing energy. Try doing the Middle Pillar with Ha breathing and notice the differences.

There are also parallels between Huna Magick and various forms of ritual magick. Getting in contact with your Higher Self is very similar to contacting your Holy Guardian Angel. Also the Huna process for manifestation is very similar to the Chaos Magick techniques of Sigilization.

In my opinion Huna is just another system (reconstructed) of sorcery. Play with it. Mix and Match with other systems. You'll probably get interesting results.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse