Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 CM Subforums, Suggestions
+ Kinjo -
post Apr 1 2005, 07:08 AM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I'm planning to add subforums to further focus this CM forum.

Some subforums ideas include "Thelema", "Kabbalah", "The Grimoires", "Enochian" etc. Please add to this list and I will add a poll to allow you to vote. Subforums created will also depends on the amount of threads and potential ones.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/board.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post Apr 1 2005, 07:30 AM
Post #2

Theoricus
Group Icon

I would naturally have suggested Bardon, but it never seems to generate much discussion anywhere; that being the case, will we still have a general CM forum for the things that don't fit into the specifics?

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Apr 1 2005, 07:45 AM
Post #3

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Yes, the main CM forum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Apr 1 2005, 08:07 AM
Post #4

Theurgist
Group Icon

I am torn here. Some things would fit nicely into sub forums. Such as Bardon or Enochian, but some things are so ingrained into CM that you couldn't seperate them such as Qabalah. Gimorie work would be interesting to see in a sub forum but it is already sub divided such as the goetia forum, angel forum, etc. Maybe a restructuring?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post Apr 1 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #5

Theoricus
Group Icon

Wonder if we should poll the members or even PM a handful of them asking them where they would be more likely to look if they were searching for something on say the qabalah or whatever, since most of the topics link to others in some way or another.

No disrespect to other similar boards, but we want to retain our originality, I don't think for instance, that others (that I have seen) have a separate entities forum. - this makes us unique and it is something which has attracted members as far as I can ascertain.

So balancing between tried and tested and originality here.

(Edited to add something)

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Apr 1 2005, 08:31 AM
Post #6

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

The Entity Forums will stay the way it is for now. I like it that way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) CM may not be divided to subforums if there's other forum to accomodate this until we have a valid reason to expand it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post Apr 1 2005, 08:32 AM
Post #7

Theoricus
Group Icon

Posted same time...

Yes. sorry I like the separate entities forum too, especially since that is where I came from... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Apr 1 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #8

Theurgist
Group Icon

Upon further thought you are correct. I was thinking it might be a good idea to put the spirit forums as sub forums for CM but it didn't occur to me that other paths work with those books and spirits as well.

I still like the idea of a grimorie sub forum for CM. Obviously goetia, nec, and olympic spirits are covered well, but their are other grimiores such as 6th and 7th book of Moses and some of the solomonic grimories that deal more with tailsmen magick rather than spirits.

--------------------

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Apr 1 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #9

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

A working and tutorial with talisman would be great. I have not seen this before anywhere and I still have little idea on how to make a talisman. Not sure if members would be interested (able to contribute)

"The Great Work" would be nice for people preparing and starting to work on the grimoire and can post results on the Entity Forums.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Athena
post Apr 1 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

I like the idea of a grimoires and enochian sub forums. I also like Goetia seperate in the entities forums since I wouldn't have thought to look in Ceremonial Magick for it. Grimoires would be cool (unless there is one already) because there are a heapload of grimoires out there, and not all Goetic.
Hmm an older magics such as Agrippa etc. forum would be awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Btw, where does Middle Eastern magics and the Djinn fit in on the forums? I haven't found much yet, well accept for someone with a Djinn roomate in unknown entities.

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

ChaosCrowley
post Jun 22 2005, 03:50 AM
Post #11

Keeper of the Philosopher's Scone
Group Icon

I think something that would be helpful would be a subforum of gematria that splits into gematria, temurah, and notariqon. Or simply a gematria subforum that contains all three. A little primer on the techniques of gematria and how it is applicable in study and talisman or sigil creation could help fuel some discussion.

I think a good idea for maybe just it's own forum would be a list of the ten most wanted .pdf's and a list of what others want. You might even think of posting a credit "bounty" to encourage people finding and uploading certain books or topics. Their reward could be to allow them to download a certain number of items.

--------------------
"For many years I have been a Lapsed Idiot. With faith and penance, I hope one day to be a devout Imbecile again." - chaoscrowley

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse