Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Mathematical Philosophy
gift22
post Dec 31 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Mathematics has became abstract in which such ideas can exist such as -1. I was thinking how although people might not agree with the certain philosophies
i tried translating a bit of a mix of my own personal opinions with hindu yoga thought into an equation. This sounds crazy but it was just a jot in my notebook
so please be easy on it, just a crazy idea, after all bertrand russel did say one of the qualitites of developing genius is denying reason.

philosophy-

The ego is not a curse, it is beautiful, hindu philisophy must think that without the ego there would be no samadhi, and even in samadhi, one loses the ego
but bliss occurs, a paradox based on religious thought. Losing the ego through the ego(joint with will) to then feel bliss is the ultimate expression of the beauty of ego fuelled
with a religious based paradox. I translated this into mathematics.

infinite sign over zero

abyss (0.222 etc.)

0.888888888888++++++++++++++++++++++0.222222222222222= 1=0.999999999999999999999 recurring this is samadhi, includes idea of infinite at start, it is alsoparadox
this is the ego with infinite on top of
zero

hope you understand. i write this about 11:30 so i was slightly more to the creative side of my brain.
comments please, not harsh though, because i am actually not that great at maths. I think the paradox can work and is a spiritual truth but our minds cannot grasp it.
thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by gift22: Dec 31 2007, 01:48 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

plainsight
post Feb 14 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Numbers are ambigious until they actually represent something. However some ideas, like religion and belief, can't be quantified and shouldn't.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse