Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Dream Connections
weliketotango
post Nov 5 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Alright, first post on this forum here-

I'm not new to magick, I've gotten all the bases covered and such, but I'm still having a little trouble figuring out dream connections (as in, dreaming with a specific person of your own choosing). I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience and if they have, could they explain 1) How they made it so and 2) If they did anything else other than concentrating on the individual. Also, if that person has had this experience, could you tell me if there were any cases in which the receiver forgot the entire dream, even though you pulled vital information from them and proved it to be true?

I've been trying to go back through the pages of ****THE INTERNET****(sparkle) and go through lucid dreaming, dream magick, and the sort, but I never find specific "dreaming with other people". It's obviously possible on the astral plane, and is probably the easiest of dream magick, but none of the texts I read do I find anything on the subject. So if anyone has found anything on the matter, could you post it here too?

Thank you!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Nov 7 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

I'm not new to magick, I've gotten all the bases covered and such, but I'm still having a little trouble figuring out dream connections (as in, dreaming with a specific person of your own choosing). I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience and if they have, could they explain 1) How they made it so and 2) If they did anything else other than concentrating on the individual. Also, if that person has had this experience, could you tell me if there were any cases in which the receiver forgot the entire dream, even though you pulled vital information from them and proved it to be true?

I'm just a little confused so to clarify are you talking about just having shared dreams with another person where you both experience the same dream? Or are you talking about projecting a specific dream into another individual, sort of like a form of telepathy?

To share a dream with a person the best and most successful way to do it is to actually talk to the person you want to share a dream with and set up specifics about the shared dream. So you agree that you will fall asleep at the same time on the same day and that you will dream of meeting this person in the same location. Then to sort of jot your minds you each place some personal affect under your pillows before you go to sleep. So you could place say a ring or photo of the person you intend to share a dream with and visa versa. Then when you wake up you record your dreams (before sharing with your partner what you actually drempt of) then you can compare what you wrote down and see just how similar your dreams were.

Try to understand that although you may be an avid dreamer and know how to have very clear and lucid dreams, your partner may not. It might take them awhile to have any real results. If you are trying to project a dream into a person, first off dreams occur on the subconscious level so unless you make a person aware of the fact that you are sending them dream imagery, more than likely they won't remember it because the dream content never surfaced to a level that they were aware of.

As far as forgetting dreams I mean yeah when you wake up and sort of snap back into reality there is really only a small window of opportunity before your mind starts to forget what you dream of. About 90% of memories of a dream(s) can be lost within as little as 10 minutes of being awake. If you are skilled at recalling your dreams you might be able to retain 50% or more of the dream content for a day. But unless you record your dream immediately after you wake up, you're going to forget a large amount of detail and yeah certainly any partner would also likely forget their dreams as well, regardless if you shared the same dream or not.

The idea of recording your dreams seperately and comparing them with your partner later is so that you can basically "prove" you shared a dream. The catch is that the human mind is a seriously complex organic super computer. One intact human brain is literally a 1000 fold more advanced than all the super computers in the world combined. As such no two human minds are the same. We each have our own perception of reality. And although we experience things similarly say the color organge or gravity or heat from the sun (among millions of other possible examples) when it comes to dreams especially people tend to see things through metaphors and similies. So say you successfully share a dream with another individual (or hey why not even have more than one partner?) each of you will experience the dream in different ways. Details will be out of place or misinterpreted.

One way to get around this is to agree upon a place where you will have this dream (ie school library, your bed room, a place by the beach, the emprie state building, the top of mt everest, you name it) but just some place that is familiar. This sets up a sort of controlled environment from which you can expect to share similar details. Say you agree to dream on top of Mt Everest. So you know its cold and snowy and windy and really really high up so clouds will be around and the sky may be really blue you might even have troubles breathing at first (similar to how people find it hard to breath at high altitudes). So from this you can figure that details will over lap between your dream and your partner's. Now you can set up independent variables that can be tested. For example actually say something to your partner while dreaming and then the next day find out if they got the message. Or ask them to guess what you were wearing in your dream. Things that they could not have known prior to the shared dream. Things that you could consider "vtial" facts that prove you actually shared a dream or had some psychic experience.

I hope I answered your questions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

grim789
post Jan 29 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Wow acid09 thanks for the post i was just browsing the forum this is very interesting i might have to try and find someone to try this with me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
When the devil cries in agony who then comes to his aide.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse