Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Thousand Petals Massage And Wellness Is Live!, A testament to planetary talismans
Vagrant Dreamer
post May 9 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Practicus
Group Icon

Hi All!

I have mentioned a few times in recent months that I have been working on starting my own business, a Massage and Wellness clinic in Georgia. As of 5/4/11 we are opened and operational!

Anyone who cares to look is welcome to check out our website http://www.thousandpetalsmassage.com.

So far we've had walk-ins every day from day one, and sold a few gift certificates, and had inquiries from the locals by phone and internet.

Now, I have never started a business before, although I've marketed myself and had a small clientele of my own for a while both here in Georgia and in New York. But from planning, capital, property, etc., this whole thing was arranged in around 3 months. I've been told that's really fast, but as far as I was concerned I was just making each decision as it came and acting on it.

This plan occurred to me the very night that I created and consecrated my Jupiter Talisman. Now, I've made effective talismans of one form or another before, and although there seem to be some methods that work for me and some that don't, this one was done according to our own Imperialarts' book on planetary talismans, "Tablets of Destiny." I will say that I also created a venus luck talisman for a friend - something I don't typically do - using the same method more strictly, and so far the results have not shown themselves in any significant way. The difference in execution may be the issue - in the construction of my jupiter talisman I exorcised and consecrated in my standardized way everything involved in the process: the room, the circle, the altar, the tools, the tin itself, the coals, the incense, and the vessel that held both. With the venus talisman I simply followed the letter of the book. That's not an indication that the book's method doesn't work when followed precisely, but possibly an indication of the impact of one's own standardized practices if a person has such elements in their magical system.

In any case, I created the talisman, and then began writing a business plan outline that night, took it to my partner the next day with the request that she open with me (an instinct that I followed), finished the business plan that week, and called on a handful of people who had already asked if I would eventually open my own place. One of them offered $5k start-up capital at just the mention of doing this, the others invested based on the faith of this other.

Then began the process of finding a location, which was equally magical but in a different kind of way. Our first location was perfect internally and externally, but the real-estate itself was just not exposed enough. Still, we were going to go with it on the basis that the energy there was perfect and the bedrock was mostly quartz. However, circumstances forced us to delay acquiring the place, and we lost it. The second place we looked at was acceptable but too small to support a large clientele. The third place was going to require most of our start-up just to get built-out, $8k for 7 walls and 2 doorways in a 1200s/f space.

On another instinct, I drove through Winder with an open mind, and got stuck for an inordinate amount of time behind a red light, just long enough for me to glance at the plan gray house on the street where I was. Although all i could think was how frustrated I was having to wait in excess of five minutes at a red-light (I have not had this problem since, and that doesn't seem to be the normal timing for the light now that I have been carefully watching traffic here for five days), I happened to notice the rent sign near the building.

As it turns out, the building is perfect in every way for my needs. It is structured ideally for this business, has private parking, is on the second busiest intersection in town, is freshly renovated inside, and was listed at $350 cheaper in just four days before I acquired it because it had been empty for two years.

After that it was just a matter of painting, furnishing, and setting up the office portion.

Five days in we have had walk-ins and calls every day, we're by no means nearing our capacity yet, but for this business that is beyond excellent.

So begins the next grand adventure, everyone who happens to read, send us some good energy, and anyone who sees the website is welcomed and encouraged to criticize, I have never had to make a commercial website before and that is about fourth revision.

I'll be around, of course, though I'm a bit busier I expect I'll have time for the forums for probably years to come.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post May 10 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Awesome Vagrant! Glad you've finally started what you've been planning to do. Visited your website and if I may suggest that you place more pictures of the place. Also, are you offering beverages? Here in Asia, although a bit different business concept than what you've started are called, "Men's Health and Spa" and has been a big business. They offered spa, steam room with Chinese herbs, whirlpool with hot and cold water, big screen TV on whirlpool, gym, shower, locker room, with up to about 100 therapists, restaurant, up to about 50 rooms of various types. I used to visit on these places on a weekly basis for my back pain and general health as they also offer membership with discounts. You may wanna look at that business model to consider what will applies in your sector for plans of future expansion for your business. All the best for your start-up venture!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post May 11 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #3

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

On another instinct, I drove through Winder with an open mind, and got stuck for an inordinate amount of time behind a red light, just long enough for me to glance at the plan gray house on the street where I was. Although all i could think was how frustrated I was having to wait in excess of five minutes at a red-light (I have not had this problem since, and that doesn't seem to be the normal timing for the light now that I have been carefully watching traffic here for five days), I happened to notice the rent sign near the building. As it turns out, the building is perfect in every way for my needs. It is structured ideally for this business, has private parking, is on the second busiest intersection in town, is freshly renovated inside, and was listed at $350 cheaper in just four days before I acquired it because it had been empty for two years.

Nice, I love it when things line up like that. Nice place you have there. You also seem to know you target clientele (Plantar Fasciitis, Hypertension, Tension Headaches). The first time you mentioned this business I had the idea you were starting a trendy Hollywood style office to office massage business for CEOs. Best of luck to you.

QUOTE(+ Kinjo - @ May 10 2011, 07:52 PM) *

Here in Asia, although a bit different business concept than what you've started are called, "Men's Health and Spa" and has been a big business. They offered spa, steam room with Chinese herbs, whirlpool with hot and cold water, big screen TV on whirlpool, gym, shower, locker room, with up to about 100 therapists, restaurant, up to about 50 rooms of various types.You may wanna look at that business model to consider what will applies in your sector for plans of future expansion for your business.

We have something like that here in Hawaii except they have "happy endings", which must really be good because they are open 24 hours. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Not sure that if that's his main clientele in GA.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 11 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #4

Practicus
Group Icon

Where I am a business like that wouldn't survive. At least not in this part of Georgia. We do have a variety of teas, and eventually will start practicing herbal medicine here as well as an adjunct to the rest of the work we will be doing.

I personally am not a fan of the hulla-baloo that goes into the spa business. Our place is nice, but simple, clean lines and arrangement and walking the line between what southerners here are comfortable with and how we want to express ourselves as a business. But we are a clinic rather than a spa, currently practicing massage and energy work but ultimately offering naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, movement and meditation classes, etc. Our focus is on helping people adjust their lifestyles and the tools they have at their disposal to improve their own health with our services as a bolster and adjunct to that.

I am a healer, not a business person - I have had to learn a lot to plan on keeping this place alive, and still have a lot to learn about controlling our image, marketing, etc. I did put a slide show up on the website. Once I've got a bit more technical experience under my belt, I will put together something much nicer.

@fatherjhon
Thanks! And good deities no, I can barely stand being around most of those people. I'd almost certainly strangle someone at some point or another. We do plan to expand, three locations in Georgia first and then I move to Portland and start an eastward expansion while my partner expands west. We've got a 15 year plan to make it cross country. I don't know if we'll be on track until this year is finished, but, well, I intend to ply my magic on the matter. I managed to find a business partner who endearingly refers to me as her wizard, so she knows the game, but doesn't practice.

Thanks!

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post May 11 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #5

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ May 11 2011, 09:58 AM) *

Thanks! And good deities no, I can barely stand being around most of those people. I'd almost certainly strangle someone at some point or another. We do plan to expand, three locations in Georgia first and then I move to Portland and start an eastward expansion while my partner expands west. We've got a 15 year plan to make it cross country. I don't know if we'll be on track until this year is finished, but, well, I intend to ply my magic on the matter. I managed to find a business partner who endearingly refers to me as her wizard, so she knows the game, but doesn't practice.

Ha! If a talisman got you a running, thieving, alternative medicine business in 3 months, in Georgia no less, then you will likely be opening branches in Kinjo’s home town before your 15 years are up. Just make sure you send someone good over to the DC metro area, I can’t find anyone I like out there.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post May 11 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm very happy for you Vagrant. Now maybe you will change your name to 'settled down dreamer'. lol sorry, bad joke

Sounds like you have done everything that you can using conventional means. It was natural that you make a talisman or use some magical method. I did help set up a similar business about ten years ago, but I had two business partners doing a lot of it. All else that I can think of is that reputation is your most valuable asset. Just remember to put the client's needs above your own and the clients will generally notice that you made that extra effort. They will remember that, hopefully trust you and be more likely to be repeat business. Returning clients, regulars are your bread and butter. You can have a lot of people noticing you and coming in once, but that won't keep you in business. Having a smaller number come in and come again and again will pay the bills.

Best of luck

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post May 14 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Wow this is great! I'm really happy for you and hope it works out well! I would love to come and visit sometime but that might be a little while (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I would also love to seem some photos if you get around to it. That is a really unique business you have going on. There is a similar place (it sounds like) where I live and it has been functioning great for years.

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: May 14 2011, 08:58 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 15 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #8

Practicus
Group Icon

So, I have recently updated the website - there are now pictures! - and I was having problems with it rendering properly in IE, but after some tweaking it now displays properly with all current browsers.

I revamped the website entirely, but have a hard time knowing if I went overboard. The general response seems to be positive though.

So far we've done pretty well, far above average for a business like ours just starting out. We're not quite meeting daily and weekly overhead goals, but if we continue to progress as we have then we will within about two months. We've already got a small number of regular clients, one of whom comes in every few days.

You're more than welcome to visit, Tomber! Heck, anyone's welcome to stop by.

Thanks all for the feedback!

--------------------

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post May 15 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #9

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ May 15 2011, 01:23 PM) *

So, I have recently updated the website - there are now pictures! - and I was having problems with it rendering properly in IE, but after some tweaking it now displays properly with all current browsers.

I revamped the website entirely, but have a hard time knowing if I went overboard. The general response seems to be positive though.

So far we've done pretty well, far above average for a business like ours just starting out. We're not quite meeting daily and weekly overhead goals, but if we continue to progress as we have then we will within about two months. We've already got a small number of regular clients, one of whom comes in every few days.

You're more than welcome to visit, Tomber! Heck, anyone's welcome to stop by.

Thanks all for the feedback!

Wow, the updated site looks great. Miss the slide show though. It really showed of the location well.

--------------------

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 15 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #10

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(fatherjhon @ May 15 2011, 04:31 PM) *

Wow, the updated site looks great. Miss the slide show though. It really showed of the location well.

Mmm, it's under "thousand petals" -> "Facility". Although, I might better relabel those if it isn't obvious. I thought about putting it on the front page as I had it before, but thought it made the front page look too busy. I wanted to give a simple impression on the front. But, I also don't want anyone to overlook the pictures, either.

Thanks for pointing it out!

peace

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse