Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A Strange Dream.
Ethereal Sight
post Aug 22 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Light Wielder
Group Icon

So some of you may know about my aversion to summoning spirits because I hate depriving other creatures of their own free will. Well recently I've been considering whether or not to start summoning things, and then this dream happened.

I was in a boat of some sort. It almost looked like a plane (actually, it looked like the Tolmekian jet from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind but red, if you've seen that movie). Anyway, it was being moved across the water by water spirits which took the forms of great serpents, but not always with a serpent's head. Some had a human face and others had serpents' faces and still others just had heads like worms. Anyway, they were all different colors, and they were pushing me towards some kind of isle. It came to me at some point (a voice whispered to me) that some were conspiring against me. Immediately after the voice told me, a serpent underneath me reared out of the water and threw the boat onto the island. When I got there I was repeatedly raped and then cast adrift in the boat with two pilots, which was roughly borne back to land by the serpents.

Other detail which I'm not sure is important - AFTER I was repeatedly raped (very unpleasant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fie.gif) ) two men who had been piloting the boat in front of me (the controls looked like those of a plane as well) told me I had a quarter of an hour to get back to land because I was in the employ of the "21-minute broker," who would arrive at 7:21 exactly (strange that due to the quarter of an hour thing it would have to have been 7:06 - AM or PM wasn't specified, but it was pitch black as midnight outside, as it had been through the whole dream). When the dream ended I was fully aware that I would be late and something bad would happen to me - I don't know what. They were in the boat when I left the island, piloting once again, and I expressed my worries about the water spirits. Their responses were along the lines of "it's too late now." Then the boat shook and rattled from impacts on the bottom and veered sharply to the left as if it was going to crash. Then the dream ended - I didn't wake up, there was just darkness.

I was just wondering - is this some spirit telling me not to start summoning because that's what it's like for them? Or was it just some twisted horrifying dream that made no sense?

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
VitalWinds
post Aug 23 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I believe it was your subconscious trying to keep you from bothering with spirits. It can be a gamble summoning them, and you shouldn't do anything if you are conflicted about it anyway.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 23 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

What I get out if it is that some part of you might have been a little (and rightly so) concerned about evocations that it sounds like are careful about preforming. The rape sounds disturbing but when it comes to dreams I think it is important to focus on where the emotions are. Rape without negative feelings at the time might symbolize something neutral, maybe in this case the fact the something in your unconscious is implanting itself in you. Actually it might be positive. You didn't say emotionally how disturbed or not you were at that point but it could mean that that the sea in which you were exploring or sailing represents you exploring your mind. Water is an almost universal symbol of the unconscious and the boat was the method by which you were making progress. The boat is your current magical practices. And you are making progress, you were not stagnant, you were moving, for good or bad is not something I can tell. It is probably neutral or what you make of it. The 21 minute broker thing I am not sure. It has to do with time, you being late, and the word "broker". This might be a leap but all I'm doing here is writing what I'm thinking. Why are people late if there is not traffic (there was nothing obstructing the water the issues was only time) They are late because of the speed limitations of what they are traveling in. If you are going to Ohio from Texas in a car then don't expect to get there in a day. If you are taking a plane then a day is plenty of time. Your transportation here (your boat, ie your means of magical practice) is delaying you. Also it was dark so you couldn't see where you were going. This appears to me to be a reference to the fact that right now you are undecided about possible evocations in the future and their outcome.

I think the word "broker" is interesting and I am inclined to take it as meaning "broke her". What was associated with the word 'broke her'? It was time. And the emphasis on time was that you were late. The unconscious can be considered feminine in nature and magicians should at least be familiar somewhat with its feminine nature. It sounds like you failed to arrive at a certain magical state of mind at a certain time broke something the unconscious was trying to form. Or actually implant in your psyche. That goes back to the rape, a (maybe) symbol of the unconscious implanting you with something. Or implanting you with something that needed to grow and develop in your mind. Also I think the reference to 'her' signifies your unconscious as opposed to a collective unconscious because it seems to be single as opposed to plural.

I want to sum up my official interpretation as this: "Your unconscious wants you to proceed without delay into the new areas of magical evocation through which your unconscious will have the opportunity to implant a new and important principal into your awareness and being, which it appears to find important to your overall growth as a true magician and exploration into hitherto unexplored regions of your mind and possibly the universe."

I don't know if I was very clear or accurate here so I hope you find something useful in this.

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: Aug 23 2010, 01:36 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Aug 23 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #4

Light Wielder
Group Icon

Thank you both for that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) both responses were very helpful.

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Aug 23 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Tomber, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse