Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Multiple Paths?
DarK
post Sep 28 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I was wondering... can a magician be a really good psychic(with all forms of psychism), an experienced necromancer, an experienced sorceror, experienced energy manipulater(or mage)...? or must he/she be good at only one form of magick? Im wondering because i'd like to be a good psychic(in all forms of pscyhism) and also Necromancing and Sorcery, as well as Energy Manipulation and dream works. Is this possible? if i put my mind and will to it for example. This is also for others who are interested in various forms of the occult.

This post has been edited by DeathStalker: Sep 28 2006, 01:24 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Vagrant Dreamer
post Sep 28 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(DeathStalker @ Sep 28 2006, 03:24 PM) *
I was wondering... can a magician be a really good psychic(with all forms of psychism), an experienced necromancer, an experienced sorceror, experienced energy manipulater(or mage)...? or must he/she be good at only one form of magick? Im wondering because i'd like to be a good psychic(in all forms of pscyhism) and also Necromancing and Sorcery, as well as Energy Manipulation and dream works. Is this possible? if i put my mind and will to it for example. This is also for others who are interested in various forms of the occult.

Jack of all trades, master of none - Generally, I have seen that most people will gravitate towards one particular path and excel in that path. Some spread themselves too thin and only ever achieve mediocre results in any one field of magickal practice. Still others may begin with one specific field, become proficient in that subject and then expand based on their natural tendancies within that tradition.

Some of the most potent magicians I have encountered focus exclusively on one path, though normally after a little exploration into others. However, some of the most versatile and inventive magicians I have met are those who have no defined path at all - although while they have a great deal of wonderful theory, they are often not very effective magicians, in comparison to another who has devoted his entire attention on one path.

Now, the exception to that is psychism - psychism or the developement of the sixth faculty can become a powerful base for any other form of magick, although much of the ritual and ceremony of some forms of magickal practice will seem somewhat obsolete after a certain level of proficiency is attained. The same can be said of energy manipulation, and therein one finds an interesting combination...

All magick involves some form of psychism and or energy manipulation. In my own opinion, anything that can be achieved through traditional ceremonial magick, can be achieved directly through sufficient mastery of the mind and the energy that composes and surrounds it.

In final answer, the only factor affecting one's proficiency in one or many paths, is time, practice, and dedication. Only experience will ever illuminate any path and it's strengths and weaknesses, or your own for that matter. I'm afraid getting the answer to this question serves you no purpose, however, in practical application. Get out there and start practicing, and exploring, and all of this will be self-evident. Wether you decide to focus on one path or explore many at the same time, you'll be growing if you are practicing what you read.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse