Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shrine of Inanna, Anything Inanna goes here.
Mathias
post Oct 28 2005, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

I have decided to make The Copper Dagger of Inanna for use during the Watcher summoning and other rituals.
Metallurgy and the working thereof is a hobby of mine, so for those of you interested in making the Dagger, and are not interested in spending upwards of $27 for a thin, low-quality sheet of copper, this project will seem very appealing.

You will need:

A hammer
Pliers
An anvil or other hard surface
A good quality rotary tool
A Chisel and wooden wedge

First, obtain a 1" diameter copper pipe whose length is appropriate for the dagger. In otherwords you decide how long you want your dagger to be - small or short sword length.
A 1" diameter piece of copper pipe will yield a width of 3" when hammered flat.

Secondly, draw a straight line down the length of the pipe. Then use your rotary tool to cut the pipe open so that you will be able to flatten it into a sheet. You'll probably want to use reinforced discs, as copper eats them up pretty quickly.

Thirdly, use a chisel to start the split. Then put the pipe in a vice and insert your wooden wedge into the inner pipe and use the claws of your hammer to begin prying wide the pipe. This will form it into a semi-circle if done correctly. You can use pliers for this as well, but you'll more than likely make small dents which can be hammered out at towards the end.

Fourthly. when it has been sufficiently opened, use an anvil and your hammer to flatten it.

Fifthly, the pipe has been flattened and can be used to create The Dagger. You can draw the outline of the Dagger and then again use your rotary tool cut the pattern out.

Sixthly, use a dremel engraving tool or nail to place the engravings upon the Dagger.
You may use a knife sharpening tool to sharpen the edges of the Blade if you wish.

I hope this has been a help to those of you who have wanted to make the Dagger, but did not know where to begin.
As soon as My Dagger is finished, I will upload a photograph to share with you all.

Eternally,
Mathias

This post has been edited by Mathias: Oct 31 2005, 11:54 AM

--------------------
user posted image

Prognatus Societas Draconis

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 29)
Saxon
post Nov 28 2005, 05:31 PM
Post #2

Initiate
Group Icon

For those intrested in fabricating the copper dagger of Inanna, I have attached a pic of what the name Inanna looks like in cuneiform. This is what one should inscribe upon the blade, not english or greek letters.

This post has been edited by Saxon: Nov 28 2005, 05:34 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Nov 30 2005, 04:31 PM
Post #3

simoniconist
Group Icon

What have your experiences been with inserting the cuniform lettering instead of English in the dagger?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Saxon
post Dec 2 2005, 04:48 PM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

I should rephrase, and say that it is not absolutely a necessity to use the cuneiform. However, from my expierence it is an aid in the following two ways...First,it is a way to aid ones subconscious whilst performing 'ritual' ie. one is tapping into the Akasha if you will, and second, the cuneiform will help the ever forgetful "deity" or "archetype" in remembering ! As the Necro says they are so forgetful ! (By choice, I think)

By the way Ashnook, Keep up the good work !!!

I am also working on rewritting some of the necro text (for myself) because it has many errors in with the Sumerian.....for example, one evokes a deity for protection in english and shortly thereafter exersises the same deity one has just called for protection ! Strange.....

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #5

Smasher666
Group Icon

Inanna
The owls represent the hand maiden of Inanna and queen of the vampires Lilit, lilitu or as the Hebrews know her Adams first wife the lovely Lilith.

This post has been edited by smasher666: Apr 22 2006, 02:49 PM

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #6

Smasher666
Group Icon

Inanna

This post has been edited by smasher666: Apr 22 2006, 02:50 PM

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #7

Smasher666
Group Icon

The queen Inanna.

This post has been edited by smasher666: Apr 22 2006, 02:50 PM

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #8

Smasher666
Group Icon

Star of Inanna

8 rayed but a bit different from the star of Anu. However I have seen the star of Anu identified as the star of Inanna so it is a question for scholars greater than I.

This post has been edited by smasher666: Apr 22 2006, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #9

Smasher666
Group Icon

Another 8 rayed star of my Goddess.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #10

Smasher666
Group Icon

Star of ANU

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #11

Smasher666
Group Icon

Another star of ANU.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Apr 22 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #12

Smasher666
Group Icon

The crown of ANU of calling. Pg 112 Necronomicon edited by Simon

+Quote Post

MagicIsMight
post May 3 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

Dear forum,

I have come to crossroads and am trying to decide whether to go through the trouble of making the daggar of Inanna (found in the Necronomicon and one of the necessary tools) or to buy a readily made and available one. I have not been able to locate anyone who actually sells this daggar. Please let me know if you can be of any help in this regard. I would really rather not make this tool (but of course, if I have to, I will have no other choice). Perhaps you may know of someone that may be able to sell one for a reasonable price or can make one? Thank you and please let me know.

Sincerely,

Mr. Curi

--------------------
IPB Image

Magia est Potentia!

+Quote Post

nebo82
post May 3 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(curi @ May 3 2006, 05:28 PM) *
Dear forum,

I have come to crossroads and am trying to decide whether to go through the trouble of making the daggar of Inanna (found in the Necronomicon and one of the necessary tools) or to buy a readily made and available one. I have not been able to locate anyone who actually sells this daggar. Please let me know if you can be of any help in this regard. I would really rather not make this tool (but of course, if I have to, I will have no other choice). Perhaps you may know of someone that may be able to sell one for a reasonable price or can make one? Thank you and please let me know.

Sincerely,

Mr. Curi

Greetings

You will have to make it or have it made mine cost me about$40 US from a local craftmen the crown was $120 .as he fasts (he's a magician too) he not takeing any more such work>

Not bad at all .at that price.

Nebo

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post May 3 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #15

simoniconist
Group Icon

QUOTE(curi @ May 3 2006, 04:28 PM) *
Dear forum,

Sincerely,

Mr. Curi

Standard Dagger - 10 bucks
Copper Spray Paint - 1 dollar
Paint brush and black paint - 3 dollars
Not having artistic ability but realizing that the symbols on the dagger are rather easy to paint - priceless

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/harhar1.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

distillate
post May 4 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #16

My bag of tricks will always make you happy :)
Group Icon

I bought this really sweet dagger with a copper handle and a copper point. I then bought copper sheet and made the whole dagger copper by putting it over the non copper parts. Then engraved the symbols. I should upload a pic of it.

I am not experienced with working with metals at all and I had no trouble.

This post has been edited by distillate: May 4 2006, 12:44 AM

--------------------
"We have wandered into a state of prolonged neurosis because of the absence of a direct pipeline to the unconscious and we have then fallen victim to priestcraft of every conceivable sort. "

+Quote Post

juriaan
post May 17 2006, 06:58 AM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think that is better to make one your self. Take the time to know the item. This it self is a ritual that I beleive to be importent. By making it your self you put something from your self in there, it makes it more personal.

+Quote Post

Chorozon
post Jul 8 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

mm good point, when you've made something, the connection between the creator and creation is stronger, and you will also know it quite well

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Jul 8 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #19

Smasher666
Group Icon

The dagger of Inanna is to be held over head while saying conjurations.

I do not use it.

I use a knife of Enki.

I use a Soviet military fighting knife.

On it are the symbol of Barashakushu the Agga Arra and Bandar.

The reverse side of the blade has various names of Enki written on it.

All the writing is in black marker.

I am posting this just to show that for a knife of calling you can use anything.

Its not the knife or dagger its the will of the initiate.

If you want to make a dagger of calling thats totally cool but untill you get one any homemade creation will do.

This post has been edited by smasher666: Jul 8 2006, 02:51 PM

+Quote Post

Saxon
post Jul 8 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #20

Initiate
Group Icon

I havent been here in a while.....

Good pics. I dont see anything wrong with "updating" these types of things. There are really no rules, use what ever works, stay away from things that dont work....

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Jul 8 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #21

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(Saxon @ Jul 8 2006, 06:54 PM) *
I havent been here in a while.....

Good pics. I dont see anything wrong with "updating" these types of things. There are really no rules, use what ever works, stay away from things that dont work....

I totally agree. Everyone should do magick their own way. I really like Inanna. Thanks for the sharing her name as written by the Sumerians with us.

Peace

+Quote Post

gmcbroom
post Aug 28 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #22

Zelator
Group Icon

Maybe because I'm single maybe because I like the Necronomicom, but has any of you here ever been influenced by Inanna or told to make rituals and spells by her? I'm interested in her but don't know how to express that interest to her. Would using the Agga be offensive. Of course I could just be rambling. But I'm curious, anyone else have an affinity for Inanna?

gmcbroom

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Aug 28 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #23

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(gmcbroom @ Aug 28 2006, 01:36 PM) *
Maybe because I'm single maybe because I like the Necronomicom, but has any of you here ever been influenced by Inanna or told to make rituals and spells by her? I'm interested in her but don't know how to express that interest to her. Would using the Agga be offensive. Of course I could just be rambling. But I'm curious, anyone else have an affinity for Inanna?

gmcbroom

Inanna is my Godess. She has only spoken to me in dreams. I have never communicated with her directly. Why that is I do not know. I have made prayer candles to her before and the prayers were answered. If you want to make her a special sacrifice bowl do it. Maybe use the same symbols as on the copper dagger of Inanna.

+Quote Post

juriaan
post Aug 31 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #24

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have met het ones, at least I think it was her.While walking her gate.

+Quote Post

gmcbroom
post Aug 31 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #25

Zelator
Group Icon

What was your experience like?

+Quote Post

mystick
post Sep 1 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #26

Light of Enki
Group Icon

Inanna being the Goddess of War as well as Love teaches you a lot in terms of Emotions. She also is the one who can literally take you to the center of the universal powers...
She is also the one who shows her presence quite effectively in the physical world when you call upon her.

Regards
Mystick

--------------------
"The foolish disregard Me, when clad in human semblance, ignorant of My supreme nature, the great Lord of beings"

+Quote Post

juriaan
post Sep 1 2006, 10:10 AM
Post #27

Neophyte
Group Icon

I had a wierd thing happen to me because of my emotions that I had then while walking her gate. After entering her gate I was on a plane with gras with a small cave. In there lions where eating a friend of mine. I kicked one of them but a ring of flames held me back. She came out of the drak and talked to me. I did not hear her voice but a bell ringing. She said that it was not my choise to do what I did there. But she did gave me my armour that had helped me. she said that my battle was somewhere else, and she was right.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 6 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #28

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(juriaan @ Sep 1 2006, 12:10 PM) *
I had a wierd thing happen to me because of my emotions that I had then while walking her gate. After entering her gate I was on a plane with gras with a small cave. In there lions where eating a friend of mine. I kicked one of them but a ring of flames held me back. She came out of the drak and talked to me. I did not hear her voice but a bell ringing. She said that it was not my choise to do what I did there. But she did gave me my armour that had helped me. she said that my battle was somewhere else, and she was right.

The lions and the fact she gave you armour show that you gad a valid Inanna gate experiance. Lions are the animal of Inanna. The armour the priest needs for future battles. It is amazing how everyone reports such simular gate walking experiances.

+Quote Post

OmNamaShivaya
post Nov 16 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #29

Zelator
Group Icon

Hey guys,i followed mysticks advice and did a full fledged Necro evocation to get me a watcher..But first i set up a temporary altar to my
beautiful goddess Inanna and sort her blessings..
(IMG:http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7728/p1ql5.jpg) (IMG:http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3742/p2xg9.jpg)
Pretty aint she?lolz..

K back to work, I did feel the power of opening the four gates and felt my watcher but my astral senses still
need awakening.I did clearly see my watcher appear in the flames as an owl with wings spread wide though..
It was quite awesome.Something to this effect below.
(IMG:http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/3135/owlei5.jpg)
I tried to get its name but the word i got was Mah-tuk.Im guessing its under allegience to maratuku or Marduk but not sure,just my guess..
I did evoke our father aranunna to be my guide and asked me to open my astral senses(as i typed this my light bulb just flickered)lolz..
I couldnt see his shape in the flames as it was huge and just flying all over the place..I intend to sleep with his charged sigil below my pillow to
supercharge my dreams..hahz..So all in all a good experience would say..Any comments would be appreciated..thankz for all the help guys,e
specially mystick and darkgoddess..

This post has been edited by OmNamaShivaya: Nov 16 2006, 01:54 PM

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Nov 16 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #30

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(OmNamaShivaya @ Nov 16 2006, 02:29 PM) *
Hey guys,i followed mysticks advice and did a full fledged Necro evocation to get me a watcher..But first i set up a temporary altar to my
beautiful goddess Inanna and sort her blessings..
(IMG:http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7728/p1ql5.jpg) (IMG:http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3742/p2xg9.jpg)
Pretty aint she?lolz..

Yes she is please post the whole pic if you will

Nebo

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse