Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bomb Threat Closes Down My Junior College!, Two Days of no school, prankster or serious?
Bb3
post Oct 24 2006, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

My local junior college just closed for two days due to bomb threats. Apparently such threats are rather common at this point in the year because of people attempting to get a few more days to study. This time though the bomb sniffing dogs detected some suspicious stuff and so they closed everything down. Crazy stuff that someone might actually want to blow up a college. What a nit!

--------------------
Mad skillz

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Darkmage
post Oct 24 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #2

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

Hehe, reminds me of high school. We had a bomb threat there back in '92--my senior year--and it was the first one there ever. So they stuck us all in the bleachers for the better part of the morning. I found that amusing, because if someone wanted to do serious damage they'd bomb that too. *shrug*

As for WHY someone would want to threaten a school of any kind, who knows? There are all sorts of varieties of nuts out there who want to hurt people and/or generally be destructive. It makes no sense to me, but I'm not them. As for the authorities they have to take all threats like this seriously. The one time they don't, and people are hurt, you can bet your ass that heads will roll and people will sue, not to mention all the bad press.

Good luck in your studies.

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes