Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Companions And Familiars?
hindoshima
post Jan 24 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Yo! I don't know if this belongs here or not.
Anyways, In the few books I've read on magick they all talk about familiars and companions to help you with the magick. None of them explain how to get one. I read that some of you have them so..... how did you get them? I've searched on google but couldn't find anything. Also I know some of the spirits of the goetia give them out, but I'm not ready to summon any of them yet. Is there any other way?

Thanks.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
Faustopheles
post Jan 24 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Greetings Hindoshima,

You might want to look at the elemental kings. These are a better place to start than the goetic demons, and they too can grant you familiars.

+Quote Post

hindoshima
post Jan 24 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

Thanks I will! =)

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jan 31 2007, 02:08 AM
Post #4

Practicus
Group Icon

I'm a bit late to the thread, but my own advice would be to work on astral projection first, if you haven't already, and then when there, simply request with an open heart and a humble intention, to be introduced to a familiar who can help you progress in your path and work magick with you.

You may want to test them, which can be as simple as asking for their name, or having them speak divine names. My catch all is to request that any new faces I run into to confirm the holy name of God, YHVH, as it is a symbol I have a particular liking for. The one time that I was confronted by something trying to mess with me, it made three attempts by reciting names that i don't have a particular affinity for - First Yahweh (same name I realize, but the tetra. is particularly meaningful for me in that specific form), then Osirus, then Jehovah. Since none of those names are attached to psychological triggers for me, none of them had real power, and that's why the spirit was picking those names instead of saying one that had power for me. See?

You can also do the same thing from this side of the 'veil' but it might be more subtle and difficult to percieve.

In this way, rather than seeking out a particular field of entities, you're more likely to acquire a companion who is specific to your needs at this moment.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

forceiswithme
post Feb 24 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think it should be possible to create one

+Quote Post