Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Time Travel, True or False
Barnard
post Apr 7 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

It's depicted in several movies. Terminator uses technology, The Butterfly effect uses a phychological element, and Superman circles the earth several times to turn back a few minutes to save Lois from an earthquake. Is time travel possible? Magic, technology, speed. What are your thoughts?

--------------------
Stand strong for what's true in your heart, your mind and your soul. Be different. Be true. Be real.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 29)
esoterica
post Apr 8 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #2

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

twice i have been through the physical gates between the parallel worlds in the parallel dimensions (darn near killing me each time) via magickal methods, and from my experience the same time stream runs through all the parallel dimensions (just things happen differently as it is a different stream), so to manipulate time you would have to actually work in a localized field (which would revert to the normal stream once you were done)

noah (the flood dude) messes with localized time when he makes the sun go backwards on the stairsteps somewhere in the bible - you need a biblical thesaurus to understand what's going on there too as the translation is totally whacked from what it should be if you use a kjv bible

if you walk from one edge to another edge of a page in 2d, there is a time when you are on the first edge and a time when you are not there but on the other edge

if you walk from one corner to another corner of a cube in 3d, there is a time when you are on one corner and a time when you are not there but at the other corner

if you walk from one cube to another cube of a hypercube in 4d, there is a time when you are in one cube and a time when you are not there but in the other cube

and so on

es

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Thorn
post Apr 9 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(esoterica @ Apr 8 2007, 09:05 AM) *
twice i have been through the physical gates between the parallel worlds in the parallel dimensions (darn near killing me each time) via magickal methods, and from my experience the same time stream runs through all the parallel dimensions (just things happen differently as it is a different stream), so to manipulate time you would have to actually work in a localized field (which would revert to the normal stream once you were done)

Sorry to go off topic here, but how did you manage to pass through physical gateways? It's something I've been really curious about for a while now

+Quote Post

Helmut
post May 7 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Sorry to go off topic here, but how did you manage to pass through physical gateways? It's something I've been really curious about for a while now

Lots of practice and some of the Universal Secrets, deary. I've done it three or four times in normal consciousness and a few more in divine.

But on topic, it's totally possible. Though, a little bit different from the methods you'd think. Whenever you become proficient with sensing auras, you'll sometimes feel a pressure behind you during meditation. My theory is that's the flow of time pushing you along. I've made little progress in resisting against it, but I believe you could make a rift in that flow and have time at your disposal.

Of course... it's just a theory. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Acid09
post May 30 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #5

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

I think time travel depends on how one approaches. I do not believe there are any current technological ways we can physically go back or forward in time. As esoterica describes I think the space time continuum can be manipulated to at least allow us to percieve time in the past and present. Its what psychics, mediums, past life regressions, divinations all seek to do. I don't know if its physically possible to go back in time through magickal means or not and I would highly advise against simply because if you sneeze the wrong way it could have bad consequences. That and the whole notion that matter on two seperate dimentions cannot exist at the same time in space on the same plane. If thats true then simply being in a different time could have bad consequences, or good ones of that matter. But why throw the dice on behalf of everybody else? Thats not something I'd want on my consciousness.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Paradox
post Jun 6 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #6

The White Chaos ~Praecantrix~
Group Icon

QUOTE(Helmut @ May 7 2007, 06:50 PM) *
Lots of practice and some of the Universal Secrets, deary. I've done it three or four times in normal consciousness and a few more in divine.

Well I fail because when ever it happens to me its totally by accident and not planned.

--------------------
~Paradox The White Chaos~
~Praecantrix~
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Gregathol
post Jun 27 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

If time travel were possible at this moment in time, we would realise that time isn't even real, and we just might lose it forever. Time would just get pissed, throw its hands up and walk out on us. It would be sortof like a bad break up. With cool benefits.

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Jun 29 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #8

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

Time travel has been said to be mathematically possible, but we lack the energy, capital, and time (no pun intended) to invest in such a project to pull it off.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

magus2500x
post Jul 12 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

ok, first post, i am extremely new to sorcery, so please be gentle. With the theory of time travel, it has long been a theory of mine that the conciousness is all that is really needed to travel, example being if a person were able to meditate on the objective of transfering there conciousness into their past self at a time when that past self could be meditating, it is only a theory and I am slightly groggy at the moment so I must apologyze if this doesn't make too much sense as it is stated, if this needs further explanaition please let me know. I am interested in your thoughts on this theory however.

--------------------
Humbling oneself is the true path to enlightenment, as overconfidence is a true path of failure.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jul 23 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #10

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

The problem with that is that the mind is stuck in time tethered to your body. While it can recount past events and predict the future it cannot, alone, travel through time. Its like standing at a cross wlak. You can see down either side of the road but in order to really go there you have to move yourself to a different location.

I agree that it would make sense that the mind could "untether" itself from the body through an altered state of mind. I mean if people can astral project and utilize remote viewing to see through space then why not time as well? The problem becomes how reliable the mind is in an altered state. Sure I can project my councsiousness down the street and see a police officer and avoid getting a speeding ticket - but is the officer really there or is he just a creation of my own conscious projection and represents some aspect within myself? So say I travel ten seconds back into time from here now where I am typing and see somebody who wasn't there before - was the person really there? Perhaps it was ghost or some other entity - maybe its just my imagination.

Now if you could train the mind to filter out whats real and whats not and indeed an altered state of mind would allow the mind to become unstuck in time, then that might work. The problem is now - how does the mind become stuck back into the present and not say 10 years in the past? Perhaps there is some natural mechanism that prevents a mind from any point in time from getting stuck in another point in time - sorta like the matter from two objects cannot occupy the same space and time.

Its a complex question with no real answer. Is time travel possible? Sure. But do we have any idea how to do it? Not with any certainty.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

magus2500x
post Jul 23 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

I understand your point, detaching or "breaking the tether" that binds the mind to the body, isn't exactly what I had in mind, simply stretch the leash so to speak, into the void that a few on hear have described feeling and reach your future or past self that would be reaching the other way. The key would be to have some way to link your consciousnesses slightly similar to the ways computers do, to exchange information, therefore giving you the same information you would have if you were to have traveled, the next step after that would be more difficult, simply put, while the minds are linked together, stretching them past that point, until both consciousnesses link with the physical body of the other, then trading places. Or so that is a theory, thoughts are appreciated. you would end up in the future with a future you in the past. Which could be both beneficial and a torture if it were to be possible or happen, because you would be able to undo things that you want differently, however any trajedies that may have stuck you, would be relived. again, just some thoughts, hope this clears up a little bit of what I ment with the first post. Criticism is welcome so please let me know what you think.

--------------------
Humbling oneself is the true path to enlightenment, as overconfidence is a true path of failure.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jul 26 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #12

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

One who could time travel through their own body into past and future selves would essentially be immortal. Of course they would be limmited to only a life time of experience it still would be interesting. If I could do that then I would. The problem is changing the future, or the past for that matter. You might end up dying off sooner or later and end up restricting your life or the life of another. I would do some crazy shit though that's for sure. And I guess that'd be another problem. If one could travel back and forth through time in their own bodies would they eventually loose their mind knowing that they could do anything and just go back in time to undo what they had done? I would probably go mad eventually and loose all sense of ethics and morals and ... yeah do some very bad things.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

magus2500x
post Jul 28 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

I agree, it would be much trouble to have unlimited pass throughout your own life, it probably would drive you mad.
-Magus2500x

--------------------

+Quote Post

telempath
post Nov 23 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Barnard @ Apr 7 2007, 11:15 PM) *
I Magic, technology, speed. What are your thoughts?

Yes, but not now. I don't think that would be magickaly possibly. As far as psionically possible, they would have to create some type of machine that boost the affects. Technologically is probably going to be the way. Is it possible, yes? Can the past be changed? As far as we know, no. It would branch out and create another reality. It is possible but we do not have the means to do it as of now.

It is possible to project your mind through time, but that in itself is dangerous. Forward in time could tear your mind apart, due to the fact that your mind is trying to follow multiple realities at once.

QUOTE(esoterica @ Apr 8 2007, 11:05 AM) *
if you walk from one edge to another edge of a page in 2d, there is a time when you are on the first edge and a time when you are not there but on the other edge

if you walk from one corner to another corner of a cube in 3d, there is a time when you are on one corner and a time when you are not there but at the other corner

if you walk from one cube to another cube of a hypercube in 4d, there is a time when you are in one cube and a time when you are not there but in the other cube

and so on

es

I don't feel like going into it. If someone else wants to, they can.

Think of every event in time having an opposite event that happened. Each event exist in a seperate reality or world that runs parallel to it. If you go from point B to point A and change something, it would create point alternative point A that runs parallel to point A. Point already happened, and therefore, it can not be undone or changed. As a result of this, a whole new point is created (google arrow of time in quantum mechanics).

Pre cog and post cog are forms of mental time travel. The mind is perceiving things displaced from its own localized time about the past or the future. I do not project my mind through time that much. Had one bad experience. It almost ripped my mind apart and I almost went madder.

This post has been edited by telempath: Nov 23 2007, 12:26 AM

+Quote Post

al_zaine
post Nov 23 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #15

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(magus2500x @ Jul 29 2007, 05:05 AM) *
I agree, it would be much trouble to have unlimited pass throughout your own life, it probably would drive you mad.
-Magus2500x
LOL

QUOTE(telempath @ Nov 23 2007, 06:17 AM) *
It almost ripped my mind apart and I almost went madder.
LOL

I cannot give a definate answer on whether Time-Travel can be acheived but I do see the possibilty of time travel and I personally think it would be along the lines of consciousness flowing freely in whichever 'direction' it Wills, whether forward to the possible futures or back to the what was. I have imaginations where I would go to a memory of myself when young, like 8years old or something, remembering the place in which I lived then and basically as much as poss. For example, I'm 8 and sitting in the living room of my old home watching T.V. but what's different is the self I project is my present self, with all the experiences and knowledge gained and I imagine myself(as the young child) realising that I am Al from 2007 and I basically go about as though grown up but in a childs body. Thing is, everytime I go to my current home, I don't actually live there yet and my friends of today don't know me then. It gets perplexing to say the least but the feeling of having all that experience behind me and roaming the past like a bat outta hell is just amazing.
Really do wish I could do it physically, one day.
Peace
Al.
Oh, P.S. The quotes above gave me jokes. The first, because I feel you're afraid of being a God and the second was simply great, dude, you're not mad anyway lol.....but who knows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif)
peace.

This post has been edited by al_zaine: Nov 23 2007, 07:38 PM

+Quote Post

magus2500x
post Nov 27 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(al_zaine @ Nov 23 2007, 08:37 PM) *
Oh, P.S. The quotes above gave me jokes. The first, because I feel you're afraid of being a God and the second was simply great, dude, you're not mad anyway lol.....but who knows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif)
peace.

ok, first off, its not being afraid of being a god, its more of knowing the psychology of the human condition and that is that 99.9% of the human race can't handle something like that, they would constantly struggle to change something so that they could make everything perfect. It is a constant problem that shows true through the worlds history, if you give a mortal human some sort of massive amount of power then that mortal will abuse it to and beyond the point of insanity. This is why the greatest minds in humanity have went insane. If you don't believe me then look. Either they had mental disorders or they developed them. To quote a very good like, though I don't remember what it was from, " There is a very thin line between genious and insane, the only difference between them is morality." The path towards self destruction is simply through addiction and with that kind of power, you use it once, then decide you need to again, then again, until you constantly continue doing it letting the addiction to power consume your life and soul, and at that point there is nothing left of the person except for the constant desire for perfection. The BIGGEST problem with this is that no matter how much you try you can never change the past to perfection for there is no such thing, and the fact that human nature would drive you to strive for perfection would only throw you deeper into the power trap. In short, for the average or even above average human being, something with such bewildering power would end in demise and most likely the loss of the mind unless the person possessed a MASSIVE amount of will power.

--------------------

+Quote Post

al_zaine
post Nov 28 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #17

Zelator
Group Icon

I agree with what you're saying. I got caught up in the greatness of the ability of time travel that I forgot about the Human condition. Also I considered that if everyone was able to time travel there would more than likely be conflict in what people chose to alter or re-create and ultimately end in disaster. Neverless I do feel that you are placing a stigmatic perspective on time travel itself and making it seem futile.
Many people have missed oppotunities in their lives or said and done things they've later regretted, given the chance to go back and re-approach an experience is the first thought on their minds, the outcomes could be truly brilliant, even if it was like someone saving their marriage or waking up in time to get to that interview which could lead to a prosperous life. There can be a very long list of small things like these that could have dramatic effects on society and inturn the whole environment as we know it, for the better. Just something to consider. People come across as wittless and destructive because we're all pretty much new to this, always learning, but I do believe that given the opportunity to go back and right a wrong can't be wrong.
Peace
Al.

This post has been edited by al_zaine: Nov 28 2007, 08:02 PM

+Quote Post

magus2500x
post Nov 30 2007, 07:35 AM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

I do agree that it could be benefitial, though I don't quite understand why everyone thinks of the stigmatic approach, I believe that if it couldbe handled by the psyche then it would be worth while, and that there are those few individuals with the resolve to stick with nothing more than the minimum that they would need (per your examples). It isn't futile, just extremely dangerous outside of the physical dangers (meaning in the actions needed to perform the action).
-magus2500x

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pandora
post Dec 1 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #19

Neophyte
Group Icon

Brian Greene in his book "Fabric of the Cosmos" had an interesting thought experiment about time and entropy, thermodynamics that is. The progression from order to disorder that is thermodynamic decay has been called "time's arrow" before, because we can sort the moments in time simply by looking at how high a level of entropy there is. He kind of disproved that though. I don't have the book with me, but here's a paraphrasing of the idea.

Thermodynamics states that there are many possible futures. We could all vaporize in a moment turning into pure quarks, or even vanish entirely, and each of those is one future. But most of the futures have the characteristics of which we're familiar with: increasing entropy, stuff falls down, planets orbit, hearts beat, etc. In fact, the amount of futures that match these characteristics is so vast that there is practically no chance that one of the scant oddball futures would ever occur. That's what we know so far, and that's what we use to tell which part of Hamlet is the beginning and the end, based on how many people are dead.

What happened a moment ago? You remember that, but your memory was a part of that moment. Perhaps your memory was false, and appeared spontaneously just an instant ago, and beforehand the past was different indeed. Maybe 20 milliseconds ago, the universe was nothing but empty space and we all just suddenly came into existence, memories and all, in one incredibly unlikely quantum fluctuation.

The problem with "time's arrow" is, there is no direction in thermodynamics. It's just applying statistics to everyday physics. It works backwards as well as forwards. The chance that the one single past that you remember is the real past is extremely unlikely. It's far more likely that the entire universe just appeared out of the quantum foam moments ago. You wouldn't be able to tell that of course, and the universe would proceed normally from here on. But there are many possible pasts that are far more likely than the one that you remember. And you know the most likely possible past?

It's the future.

Once you do the math, thermodynamics can predict the past macrostate that has the most microstates, and therefore is the most likely to have occured. That prediction is exactly the same as predicting the future, just with a negative time instead of a positive time. The most likely possible past is that we were in the future, proceeding backwards through time to this very moment, doing and thinking everything in reverse until we hit the present, after which we proceed normally back into the future! And every point in the future you consider this thought again, it's more likely that the switch you remember is false, and that the future you are at is now the pivot point.

So the way to put this in perspective is, the Big Bang was a highly unlikely cosmic event. I mean seriously. You got nothing, not even time, and then suddenly you've got enough energy to make all the stars and galaxies in an instant, compressed smaller than a golf ball? Yeah right! Like that's ever going to happen. That's why the "thermodynamic" past is more likely than the real one, because no matter how sensible the past you remember seems to be, the probability of the Big Bang happening is so small it invalidates all that sensibility. If we don't assume that a Big Bang happened, then we can show that the most likely past is a mirror image of the future. If we do assume that a Big Bang happened, then the past you remember is quite certainly the most likely one to have occurred.

Stuff like this makes me realize why time travel is such an absurd idea. We don't want to travel through time; we don't even know what travelling through time means! What we want is to reverse entropy, and all the stories about time travel involve travelling to a state where the universe has a much lower entropy, like before the dinosaurs went extinct. Is it time travel to go see the dinosaurs? I can't say for sure. But I can say it is a reversal of entropy to be able to walk up to something that used to be millions years dead, and now is alive and looking at you hungrily, uh oh...

--------------------
looking for my box

+Quote Post

Adept
post Jan 2 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #20

Neophyte
Group Icon

Time travel is possible, but seldom practical. You can not influence the actual flow of time. However, you can manipulate your presence in the time line. The thing is, any time manipulation you undertake has to remain relative to your consciousness. You can sort of 'skip time'. You may even do this without knowing. Ever been on a long trip and suddenly find yourself at your destination? The thing that complicates any kind of time travel is the presence of other consciousness. Think of it as a large piece of paper held to the wall by a lot of tacks. You can't move the paper even if you move one of the tacks. However I do have knowledge of sentient beings manipulating a contained portion of time. This is not an area that I would study haphazardly.

--------------------
"Time washes away everything. Joy, agony, everything..." Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals

+Quote Post

realm_crawler
post Jan 2 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #21

Zelator
Group Icon

Oh how sweet for all of you to remind me on this subject very intresting one at that.
I have always had a theory on time since i was a child.
This may sound insane but i dont belive it exists.
Just a human made concept if i remember my theory correctly.
If we could change time it would brake and if time existed we could not see into the future nor actually travel in time.
as my concept of "time" is that there is no time space but only space as "god" sees it as everything now (christian view).
Just overlapping changes. thou the human mind strives to say that change is a effect of time but only if you see time as time.
i am not making any sense here am i? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/insane.gif)
Long time since i tought about this.
thou i usually can kill time myself when i am driving far distancec for e.x i know i started and i know i am there 6 hours later.
But i cant recall time passing but still remember everything i have done during the trip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Nov 24 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #22

Zelator
Group Icon

well.... i could rant on and on about my own theories as i have been interested by time travel for quite a time.... but in short i believe it to be mostly impossible

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Jenfucius
post Nov 24 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #23

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Barnard @ Apr 7 2007, 11:15 PM) *

It's depicted in several movies. Terminator uses technology, The Butterfly effect uses a phychological element, and Superman circles the earth several times to turn back a few minutes to save Lois from an earthquake. Is time travel possible? Magic, technology, speed. What are your thoughts?

From an occult perspective I believe its possible but is statiscally unlikely. I had heard very few cases of time travel.

+Quote Post

Scooby Doo
post Dec 2 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #24

Neophyte
Group Icon

Our soul or consciousness or whatever you want to call it has the ability of existence beyond our world hence i believe that since our very essence isn't bound by the time and space parameters is able to travel back in time. I don't believe that you transfer your psysical body though since that IS bound by time parameters. so the famous paradox -what if i go back and kill my grandfather- i don't believe that is possible since you won't be able to go back beyong your own timeline since you won't have your vessel to inhabit.
I believe that we are total masters of our fate and that if we want we can change it as we see fit but i don't believe that you can go back in past to alter someone else's life as that would be against free will -even if it's something like -warn your best friend about a fatal car accident.
So if you want to alter your past perhaps if you could send your consciousness back to 'possess' your body and warn your past self of certain things. Of course that would change dramatically the time frame we now perceive as present and you could also risk your mental health (big time).
So, i had an idea for something a little bit more safe ... what if you evoke your future self and get info for the future ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Lighten.gif)

+Quote Post

Praxis
post Dec 2 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #25

Mage
Group Icon

The key point that almost everyone misses is:

The past and the future are categories of memory.

The past is what we call the category of memory that only is a record for what happened. The future is what we call the category of memory that only is a record (which we call a "plan" when discussing the future) for what has yet to happen.

Memory is not a place that we can somehow go.

Since the past and the future are categories of memory - neither the past nor the future are places where we can somehow go.

Based upon that key point, is time travel (either going to the past, or going to the future) possible?

No.

This post has been edited by Praxis: Dec 3 2008, 04:18 AM

+Quote Post

Kirie
post Dec 3 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #26

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well, I come from the same direction Pandora does - and thanks Praxis for the opening to say this.

There is such a thing as 'real time' ad 'imaginary time'. Real time is time as perceived by us, the past being what we remember to have happened, and the future what didn't. This is influenced by the direction of the entropy of our system - as 'time' passes, our thoughts become more complex and more disordered. Entropy, we assume, cannot be reversed. Imaginary time, on the other hand, does not have a direction, a past or future, it just is and exists as another dimension of the universe.

Is a soul affected by entropy? If it is, it will reincarnate forward in time. If it isn't, it could reincarnate everywhere. Spirituality tells us we must reverse the entropy on our souls - the karma. Since that is the premise, we must assume magick is not affected by real time, as in the direction and entropy, and should be able to cause less chaos than order. If that indeed is true, then we should be able to send energy back in time, end our consciousness back in time.

But the question is: what IS the nature of magic and how does it relate to entropy/time?

+Quote Post

Scooby Doo
post Dec 3 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #27

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello praxis, i don't agree with your post at all. Past and present are more than just memory places. Several people have managed to go forward in time and predict some of its tendencies with extreme accuracy.
Angels and other entities who live in other dimensions and don't have the same perception of time as we do can go back and forth as they like. So if they can do it perhaps we can too since our essence is from a timeless dimension.

+Quote Post

Praxis
post Dec 3 2008, 02:48 PM
Post #28

Mage
Group Icon

I dunno what you mean by "memory places" - because the entire simple point is: memory is not a place, and thus either the past or the future (which are categories of memory) are not places where we can go, travel to, etc...

This post has been edited by Praxis: Dec 3 2008, 03:28 PM

+Quote Post

Asguard
post Dec 11 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #29

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Scooby Doo @ Dec 2 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Our soul or consciousness or whatever you want to call it has the ability of existence beyond our world hence i believe that since our very essence isn't bound by the time and space parameters is able to travel back in time. I don't believe that you transfer your psysical body though since that IS bound by time parameters. so the famous paradox -what if i go back and kill my grandfather- i don't believe that is possible since you won't be able to go back beyong your own timeline since you won't have your vessel to inhabit.
I believe that we are total masters of our fate and that if we want we can change it as we see fit but i don't believe that you can go back in past to alter someone else's life as that would be against free will -even if it's something like -warn your best friend about a fatal car accident.
So if you want to alter your past perhaps if you could send your consciousness back to 'possess' your body and warn your past self of certain things. Of course that would change dramatically the time frame we now perceive as present and you could also risk your mental health (big time).
So, i had an idea for something a little bit more safe ... what if you evoke your future self and get info for the future ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/Lighten.gif)

Are u sure about that of send your consciousness back in the past?

It would works?

+Quote Post

Asguard
post Jan 6 2009, 06:33 PM
Post #30

Neophyte
Group Icon

I found this:

THE EVIDENCE FOR TIME TRAVEL

Researched and Written

By
Starfire Tor

(This article originally appeared in Quest Magazine April/May 1999)
(on News Stands: March 1999)

Go here to see actual magazine cover

Most speculation on the existence of Time Travel has been brought into the public arena,not by scientists, but by the Publishing and Motion Picture industries. From books like"The Time Machine" to Television series like "Dr. Who," "Star Trek", and "Quantum Leap" to Motion Pictures like "Back To The Future" and "Somewhere In Time" people have learned to think and speak the language of Time Travel. Actual Time Travel concepts like the quantum physics of black holes, Einstein’s theories of relativity, Tesla’s inventions, the space-time continuum, parallel universes, and alternate timelines are now a part of our everyday vocabulary. Therefore, the notion that Time Travelers have the potential ability to enter any timeline and change the events of our world is alive and well.
But is Time Travel merely the brainchild of creative minds, or could there be a hidden reality fueling the public’s proven interest in the subject? When we look at the sudden acceleration of our own working science from steam engines to computer chips, is it so impossible to consider that Time Travelers from the future may be technologically seeding our world in an effort to change it? The truth is, if Time Travel is viable and has been accomplished in any timeline, then it’s already here and has impacted our world. Aside from these Time Trekkers publicly announcing their itinerary, how can we know whether the ability to move through time and space is mere speculation or undeniable fact. The answer is simple, Time Travelers have left behind hard core physical evidence.

The first and foremost piece of evidence can be found in unearthed archeological oddities like manufactured metal objects, devices, and tools found encased in rock millions of years old. And then there are the human-like footprints found in dinosaur territory. But the most pervasive evidence that someone of something is continually altering our world, and therefore the fabric of our reality, is an event called a Time Shift.

A Time Shift, also known as an Event Horizon Shift or a Reality Shift, is defined as an altering, reconstruction, and reassignment of our reality/space-time continuum. This under reported global phenomenon is most noticeable when the absolutely familiar, suddenly becomes the completely unfamiliar, and then usually becomes familiar again. As incredibly mysterious, obvious, and significant as these Time Shift events are, more incredible is the reason why this subject has been overlooked as a collective, historical event. How can anyone study what they don’t even remember as existing at all? Along with the anomalous altering event itself, the human brain is somehow programmed to forget the Time Shift anomaly and accept a new reality that has imprinted itself over the old reality.

Historically, there are millions of examples of the effect of Time Shifts on our planet. Some of that experienced phenomenon includes missing or altered time, temporary disorientation and loss of recognition of familiar objects and places, buildings and roads that suddenly appear, planes that vanish in mid flight, familiar objects that change shape and color, actions that repeat themselves, and someone seen in two different locations at the same time. The following cases are typical of the personal experiences that represent a scientific pattern of Time Shift cause and effect.

Larsen Cottrell is a businessman who designs and builds audio and video facilities in California. His expertise is reflected in the complex and technical material that he works with. That is why his brush with a Time Shift is a perfect example of the mind attempting to adjust to a reality reassignment.It was 1997 when Larsen drove a business associate to his in-home office. Larsen’s home was one of many in a row of traditional unassuming houses built on a quiet street that both associates had traveled many times before. But on their approach, a mind-boggling sight greeted them. Just two houses down from Larsen’s now stood two barn-like houses that had never been there before. Not only did these buildings suddenly appear, but their design was unlike any of the other homes around it.

"I was shocked to see that they were suddenlythere because they hadn’t been when I left myhouse in the morning. There is no doubt in myMind about this. That’s the thought I have tohold onto because on the second day, my mindbegan to doubt my experience as if I’d made amistake in perception. After a week, I wastotally confused and began to think that thebarns had always been there but had been hiddenby a big tree, which is not the truth."
Unlike Larsen’s case, where a new reality tried to imprint itself over the old one, Laura Lane’s* experience represents what can happen when a Time Shift occurs but a reality reassignment doesn’t impose itself. Her case involves a repeat action called a time hiccup or time rewind. Laura, who is a businesswoman, has no memory of the physical actions she would have had to do in order to perform a repeat action, and can’t account for the extra twelve minutes her trip took.

"I took my regular route to the store. It’s a winding, rural road that I have traveled a hundred times before. As I drove past these cows, who were grazing in a pasture under imposing high tension wires, the radio news announced the time on the hour. Suddenly, I was jolted by classical music playing on the radio and thought how strange that the news was over. That’s when I saw the same cows in the same pasture as I drove by again. I felt lightheaded, disoriented, disconnected, the air seemed to be dull and sharp at the same time. I looked at the digital car clock, which said that twelve minutes had passed. I picked up my cell phone, which reflected the same twelve minutes. Every time I pass that stretch of road, I remember the experience."
But Time Shift occurrences , as one would expect, are not limited to modern day. This is revealed in a turn of the century true-life adventure. In 1901, two Englishwomen visited the palace of Versailles in Paris. The women decided to follow an old path and soon found themselves, not in 1901, but about one hundred years in the past. Not realizing it at the time, they continued on, meeting people who dressed oddly and spoke in an unfamiliar dialect. Deciding to return to the palace, the ladies followed a man walking in that direction. As they neared the palace grounds they suddenly found themselves transported forward in time and smack into the middle of a wedding party circa 1901.

Further examples of encountering a Time Shift are illustrated in the following cases as well. In 1970, a father and son piloted their own small plane on a daytime trip from Florida to the Bahamas. After flying into a cloud-like tunnel, they emerged to discover that they had traveled through one hundred miles of air space in only three minutes. In 1988, an Englishman rode his motorcycle on a familiar highway. Halfway through his journey he stopped to get coffee at a roadside cafe. He was dismayed to discover that a one hour trip had somehow taken two hours, with no memory of the missing time. In 1969, a couple in Norway awoke from an uneventful night’s sleep to discover that their bedroom bureau had changed from a light colored pine to a dark colored mahogany. In 1980, a Canadian woman and her office associates were startled when the blouse the woman was wearing suddenly changed colors from beige to blue. In 1971, a Boston college student was seen playing piano in the recreation room while, at the same time, was dining with friends more than a mile away.

I first became aware of, and then interested in, the science surrounding Time Shifts when I had my own personal and amazing experience. What makes my encounter stand out is that, not only are there witnesses, but some of the Time Shift was captured on film and in photographs. I was on location filming a music video in California. One scene called for me to ride my horse away from the camera and crew, gallop over a short field and around an oak tree. The actual ride would take less than a minute. When the director yelled ‘action’ I took off, leaving the crew and tons of equipment behind me. When I rounded the tree I halted the horse and turned around to look back, but there was no one and nothing there. To move all of that equipment would have taken at least thirty minutes, but it had been done in less than a minute – the length of my horseback ride.

Confused and disoriented I rode my horse around until I located the main set, a location I should have known well. There, I met up with the people and equipment I had ‘lost’. No one seemed to remember where I had been after the scene, or the particulars of how they appeared to transport from one location to another in one minute’s time.

The next day, behind the scenes location photos were delivered to me. One of these pictures was taken at the time I rejoined the crew and cast and told them of my strange experience. The photo was a group shot of the crew, other actors, and myself on horseback. But this was no ordinary picture. The left side of the photo was filled with an anomaly that looked like an otherworldly doorway or energy vortex. Part of the vortex was positioned behind the horse. Did the photograph capture the image of the energy involved in a Time Shift? I believe it did. Weeks later, the set photographer presented me with the only verified photograph that she had taken of that fateful horseback ride. Normally, the set photographer’s job is to shoot an abundance of photos that both document the scene and can be used as publicity. But on this one scene, there is a scarcity of photos. What happened to the photographer, the crew, and the equipment while I was riding away from them on my black steed? A Time Shift.

The force that causes a Time Shift has not conclusively been identified as yet. It seems reasonable to consider that the phenomenon is either caused by something naturally occurring on the planet, or something unnatural that is interfering with the planet’s course of events. If the Time Shift anomaly is caused by nature, then there is an entire undiscovered and untapped energy source that demands scientific investigation. If the source of the Time Shift proves to be unnatural, like Time Travelers, then we need to discover who and what is dabbling with our world and recreating our reality. The mere thought that some power might be intentionally using a Time Shift science as a means to change the events on our planet is intriguing, disturbing, and threatening. The Time Shift enigma may possibly be the greatest unrecognized riddle on the planet. Will we ever solve it? Only the measure of human awareness and time will tell.

http://www.starfiretor.com/TimeShifts.html

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse