Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Disabled Pm System, Contradiction in the Bot Welcome PM
_Mo_
post Jun 19 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

When I joined here, I noticed that I had a message. I tried to check my inbox, but it was disabled. I learned after sending an error report that the PM system is disabled until the member gets three posts. I was a bit annoyed at that, because I have never come across such a thing and I wasn't warned of it at all, but I continued on to get my three posts so I could check that pesky message.

I did so, and I saw the welcome bot's PM. The title of it annoyed me even more. "Welcome Mo! Please read before posting." Are you kidding me? What kind of trippy contradiction is that? I was just told that I had to post before I could see the message, and now the message is telling me that I shouldn't have posted before I read the PM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif) Maybe I'm just used to forums that know how to take care of themselves after a couple years of being up, maybe I'm overreacting, but really, this is ridiculous. How am I to be expected to follow the rules if you make it impossible for me?

This post is not meant for me to rant about the issues I've seen with this site, so please look through my annoyance and short patience to see the real problem at hand. I hope you get the blindingly obvious mistake fixed. I also suggest shortening the reply time. 180 seconds between replies had me rolling my eyes and wondering how you expect to keep activity up. (Flooding can only happen when people are willing to put up with the site enough to make so many posts.)

You probably won't see me here anymore, but I wish you the best of luck in managing your site and I hope you don't see this as a flame or attack on all your hard work. I'm just angry in general right now and I'm probably taking it out on you more than your poor souls deserve.

Merry part and blessed be.

-Mo

This post has been edited by _Mo_: Jun 19 2008, 12:43 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
bym
post Jun 19 2008, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings _Mo_!
There are reasons for the blind in the PM system...one of which was to control the incredible amount of SPAM flooding the works. I'm sure that a person of your rare acumen could account for this 'pesky' problem. I've also noted that you had not contributed anything whatsoever to our discussion Forum in your three posts in 'occult artwork and fiction' section. If this is your reaction to this glaring error then I can only imagine the fun you must have in life. If your age listing is true then you have many disappointments awaiting for you in life. I will look into the 180 second delay time 'cause noone loves lag. Thanks for the cheery hello and we-all here hope you find your visit informative. (Frankly, taking lip from some wetbehindtheears attitude problem isn't my idea of fun at 5AM, return or not! Perhaps we can have a civil conversation after some coffee!?)
-Bym, Admin

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Psyche
post Jul 3 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Jun 19 2008, 05:03 AM) *
Greetings _Mo_!
There are reasons for the blind in the PM system...one of which was to control the incredible amount of SPAM flooding the works. I'm sure that a person of your rare acumen could account for this 'pesky' problem. I've also noted that you had not contributed anything whatsoever to our discussion Forum in your three posts in 'occult artwork and fiction' section. If this is your reaction to this glaring error then I can only imagine the fun you must have in life. If your age listing is true then you have many disappointments awaiting for you in life. I will look into the 180 second delay time 'cause noone loves lag. Thanks for the cheery hello and we-all here hope you find your visit informative. (Frankly, taking lip from some wetbehindtheears attitude problem isn't my idea of fun at 5AM, return or not! Perhaps we can have a civil conversation after some coffee!?)
-Bym, Admin

I'm actually finding it frustrating as well. A private message pops up, but I have no way of responding to it. It does seem sort of pointless if it can't be used?

Perhaps instead PMs can be authenticated with a randomized string of numbers or by typing "I am not a robot" prior to sending?

Edited to remove duplicate posting.

This post has been edited by Psyche: Jul 3 2008, 05:55 PM

--------------------
Plutonica.net, an esoteric blog
SpiralNature.com, an occult resource

+Quote Post

bym
post Jul 3 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #4

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Greetings Psyche!

I can certainly appreciate the frustration you must be encountering with this bug.
Needless to say your observation has been noted. You will be able to access your PM system after you've posted within the Forum...over and above what is posted in the Coffee Shop. There are many different attempts by others to post in Void or to post 'fluff' in order to circumvent this stricture. Alas. You must post three times and the access will open for you. We, being a Discussion Forum, place alot of trust in our members posting about legitimate topics. We are also verging on changing Formats here...which will take care of SPAM traps and other problems. We have also noted a large section of the 'membership' that never posts to the topics but sees fit to carry on in the PM system..talking about who knows what. To this I suggest finding yourself a chat room (which may be included in our new Format).
Until this change I'm hoping that you will bear with us as we strive to make this Forum a good source of knowledge and occult camraderie! Thank you for your comments!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse