Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forbidden Rites A Necromancer's Manuel, Historical book of Necromancy..
levannah60
post Sep 2 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello everyone.

Sorry to be a bother, but I was looking for a good book on Necromancy in its historical context and went browsing on Amazon..there is a 'Magic in History' collection of books, that I searhed for....I allready have several of the books in the series, including:

Binding Words, Texual Amulets in the Middle Ages
THe Russian Bathouse at Midnight
Magic in the Middle Ages.

Well, I found this book in the series called Forbidden Rites, a Necromancer's Manuel and was wondering if there is anyone out there who has read it, because I did buy it and am expecting it in the mail shortly. There were good reviews for it on Amazon, but that is not allways reliable.

Thanks...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
Imperial Arts
post Sep 2 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

This book has sections taken from the Munich Manual of Necromancy. It is an excellent book, but it is very limited. Most of it has nothing whatsoever to do with "necromancy" proper, but there are some interesting spells and conjurations.

The illusory feast, the chariot of winds, and other conjurations from this book are found replicated in fantasy literature. This is a collection of several different magicians' works from the same period.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Sep 2 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

That sounds like a great collection of books I will defiantly check out on Amazon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

levannah60
post Sep 3 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks for the replys you guys...I also went ahead and bought that book called Conjuring spirits...texts and traditions of late medival magic...also from that history of magic series....buying books is an effective way to lose weight..lol...going to be an old biddy here pretty soon in about 10 or 20 years...an old crone surrounded by a bunch of journals and books on magic...my, my....

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse