Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello!
firaza
post Apr 22 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I'm fairly new to the whole idea of magick, and was skeptical for a long time, but recently, a friend of mine revealed to me his studies in ceremonial/high magick and I became intrigued. Since talking to him, I've grown interested in learning what magick is, exactly, and how I can possibly use it to commune with my deities. My friend, who is a member of these forums, pointed me here as a starting point for research.

I'm an eclectic Kemetic polytheist right now, trying to find my spirituality through researching all of the different religions. I know I'm not Wiccan, and neither am I a Reconstructionist, but I pay particular homage to the deities of the ancient Egyptian pantheon and enjoy the patronage of Anpu (Anubis), hence "eclectic Kemetic." Magick is secondary in my studies, but my friend reminded me that the ancient Egyptians were very devoted magicians, so I know I should study and learn about the details of heka sometime. He also told me I seem to have a natural sense of astral energy (I think that's what he said, anyway...) because I do receive answers from Anpu when I pray during meditation.

So... yes. That's me in a nutshell. Hi. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
bym
post Apr 22 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings Firaza!
I'm rather psyched that you decided to join our Forum... if nothing else to find that I have a 'brother' of the 'cloth' to bounce things off. I, too, am a Kemetic 'magician/shaman' and we both share a Patron
in the Art. Huzzah! I've found that the Neteru to be quite responsive in our interactions and have been rather pragmatic in their approach...but that could be just me...
Anyhoo, welcome aboard, I hope that we shall become friends if not colleagues. If you have any questions please feel free to ask...our staff and our membership are all fairly wonderful people in their own right!
Welcome!
Ma'at Kheru!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

firaza
post Apr 22 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #3

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Thank you, Bym! I'm relieved that I'm not the only one with my path and Patron here. I too hope we can become friends.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse