Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unicorns, both symbolic and Historicly real?
poeticraven
post Oct 1 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've started this thread because when I was still in school doing a research paper in a library I came across a book that spoke of historical unicorns. Not just mythological.
Apparently the way it was done was to take a newborn calf, and a newborn horse.
Apparently the horns grow from two bumps, which are removed from the calf, both split in half (the horn bumps) you take one side from each bump (so the new fused one is made from 1/2 of both the other ones) and as this made two, one was inplanted in the head of the baby horse, and the other back into the calf, and this would cuase the horn to grow straight as both sides fused together during growth. It was noted that no matter what animal was used to turn into a unicorn (it was not always a horse) the unicorn always took a position of leadership and had a natural arrogance.
I'm starting this thread becuase since that time I've found no other records of it, and a search on google gives me a million and one unicorn fantasy pictures, but nothing on the actual creation of unicorns, Has anyone else heard of this? And if so, does anyone have any source on this, as I'm still searching. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_bookread.gif)
†Christopher Raven†
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif)
†Popy the unofficial mascot†

--------------------
"Now I want, spirits to enforce and art to enchant, and my ending is dispair, unless I be relieved by prayer...And as you from your crimes would pardoned be, let your indulgence set me free" W.S. The Tempest - Pospero

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
moonlit
post Mar 16 2006, 09:46 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Yes, it does sound very interesting. I would like to know where you found your indormation as well. I have studied a lot about "mythlogical" creatures but I never got to do a study on the unicorn.

--------------------
"I'm not afraid of the dark,
I am afraid of what is IN the dark."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse