Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What Is Good, What Is Evil?, actions? intentions? resutls?
WisdomSeeker
post Oct 5 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello all, I was going to vote on the demon/angel/jinn poll and realized I did not know what I was voting for.

Suppose you are a very evil man (in the normal sense of the word), intent on slaving a population, but first you need to get close to the head boss. His kid is sick and you manage to go an find the medicine for him and save him. He honors you by making you his second hand man (Ha ha! the fool!!). The village is attacked and you in your joy kill and destroy all your enemies (The joy of blood!!). You are made the second hand man (ah.. so close). You plot to kill the boss and start wooing his wife by being nice to her. The night before you are going to poison him he croaks of a heart attack. During the mourning process you leave your lovers alone and concentrate on relieving the pain of the widow. And she agrees to marry you (little does she know you intend to dump her). The day after your wedding you are preparing a feast to call all your lovers for an orgy and your trusted sidekicks to divide the kingdom into sections and decide who will pay you what tribute. Before the 'godfather council meeting' The village is attacked again and you kill, kill, until you are brought down dead. Your soldiers prop your corpse up in the horse and continue fighting. The enemy even though overwhelming in numbers is so afraid and in awe of you that never again attack the village thinking your spirit protects it. Years later you are the greatest hero of the village and the nation and have been sanctified.

Now, after you died did you go to heaven or hell?

A Monk based on years of careful study realizes that the kingdom and every one in it will die of starvation due to drought. The only way to save it is to make a dam in the river. To do that first you must dirvert the river, make the dam, and restore the river. You contact your warlord and convince him of it. Thousands are pressed into sevice to carry rocks from the quarry to start the work. There is another village on the way that is hostile and refuses to relocate. You lead a party of soldier to negotiate, things go wrong, some one takes a shot and fighting ensues. Afterwards there are a buch of dead people. Tiphoid starts on the quarry workers and 1/3 die. You get depressed but believe in the ultimate goal of saving lives. Work continues and you depression and the workers deaths contininue. One night depressed you drink go for a walk, fall from the quarry and die. The warlord no longer with your impetus abandons the work. All the workers are dismissed but have no place to go so they rebel. War ensues. The displaced farmers no longer work the fields and starvation ensues. As you had predicted drought comes and the demise of the kindomg happens but much earlier and much much worse.

You are forever remembered as a devil worshiper that entranced the warlord to open a secred demonic gate in the quarry and brought hell on earth. Your memory is cursed for generations on end.

Now after you died, did you go to heaven or hell?

What maters more, you intention, your actions or (very similar) the ultimate results?

Just food for thought.

Traveller.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
A_Smoking_Fox
post Oct 5 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

there is some universal truth about good and evil.
yet normal human beings like ourselves cannot comprehend this.

However this has been discussed perhaps thousand times before on these forums, search around and post in a thread about it.
Otherwise i would just be repeating myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse