Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

First Steps In Cm, Where do I begin?
Fio Praeter Humanus
post Mar 21 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Theurgist
Group Icon

Greetings!

I think there are some misconceptions of people who watch magicians. We do not do banishings and invocations, adorations and attunements every day just to build up our strength so we can summon a super cool spirit to give us money and women. Everything we do, we do for a reason. We are constantly searching and grasping for somthing higher. Our work is not a means to a end. Our work, our journey is the reason.

So to get to the point, yes if you need something mundane done then a spirit can do it for you, but any magician worth his salt will know five other ways to do it also without evocation. So the question is why evoke? When you work with a spirit, regardless if it is a demon, planetary, archangel, or whatever, you are working with a part of yourself and a part of the universe. You are unbalancing a part of yourself in a controlled situation to create change in yourself and the universe. Contact, work with, strengthen, purify, and balance these are the goals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Except Adonai build the house, their labor is but lost that build it".
Unless you have a strong foundation your house will fall.

Here is my advice.
Stop everything you are doing. Begin the work as a true beginner. I know advanced rituals such as the hexagram rituals and the Opening by Watchtower seem like fun but if you have to ask then you are not ready yet. At this stage you will gain nothing from them.

Begin to do the LBRP morning and night and nothing else. If you would like you could also do the MP but this is all. Write a ritual journal after every ritual you do. Write down what you did, what it felt like when you did it, and what it felt like after the fact.

I promise you once you cut everything else out you will learn more than you thought possible. To discover the effects you must isolate it from everything and then study it from every angle. Study the LBRP and it's symbolism. Try different variations of visualizations and movement. Find out what works best for you. While you are doing this the effects of the ritual will become a part of you. It will open up your astral senses and build up your aura to develop you circle. The MP will also begin to imprint the God names upon your aura which will begin to align you with the divine energies. The effects will be profound.

The work of a beginner is a minimum of six months but no longer than a year. While you do this ritual work you should also begin to study the material. Memorize the hebrew letters. Become familar with the tree of life. Learn the signs of the zodiac. Learn how to meditate.

Most of all when in doubt keep it simple.

Middle Pillar

LBRP

--------------------

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
redhand
post Oct 17 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Great post, Excellent advice Nero. Besides adding exercise as Radiant Star suggest, I would also add Liber Resh vel Helios, or similar version of the adoration to your daily practice. Redhand

This post has been edited by redhand: Oct 17 2006, 04:09 PM

--------------------
"DARE TO BE WISE"
The Enigma League

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Nero   First Steps In Cm   Mar 21 2005, 10:07 AM
Radiant Star   Adding to Nero's post above, might I suggest a...   Mar 30 2005, 07:09 AM
A_Smoking_Fox   :goodposting: good posting Nero That truly is wha...   Mar 30 2005, 12:45 PM
Nero   Recommended Reading List for Ceremonial Magick ...   Mar 30 2005, 03:35 PM
A_Smoking_Fox   :respek: excellent, I will remember this for my ne...   Mar 30 2005, 04:39 PM
Radiant Star   Good list Nero Relieved to see that I have most o...   Mar 31 2005, 01:29 AM
fiat_lux_777   93 Dear Nero, Great post :clap: One can often...   Apr 1 2005, 05:47 AM
Radiant Star   :goodposting: I was a Christian all of my life a...   Apr 1 2005, 06:14 AM
fiat_lux_777   93 At Frater N.E.R.O.'s request, I am adding ...   Apr 1 2005, 06:44 AM
Nightwind   Excellent advice from one and all. I would like to...   Apr 5 2005, 09:50 AM
bym   Good advice. But whilst reading try the foundation...   Apr 7 2005, 04:37 PM
J*S   Good advice. But whilst reading try the foundation...   Feb 18 2007, 05:35 AM
Sister_Fearless   Yes! Definitely something that comes easier ...   May 6 2009, 07:10 PM
Ashnook   Ahh crap bro Ive been going at it wrong then lol...   Apr 7 2005, 06:26 PM
Frater S.E.M.   I would like to add to the Thelemic reading list (...   Dec 12 2005, 09:29 AM
grim789   Awsome posting thank you!!!!   Nov 13 2009, 12:28 AM
418   [size=5][b]Recommended Reading List for Ceremon...   Mar 31 2011, 07:23 AM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse