Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ufo's, Your Thoughts?
wtf are UFOs anyway?
What do you think UFO's really are?
Extraterrestrials [ 19 ] ** [20.88%]
Interdimentionals (Travelers from alternate Earths) [ 15 ] ** [16.48%]
Some ancient civilization (possibly Atlantians living in the ocean) [ 5 ] ** [5.49%]
Government agents possing as ETs for some grand conspiracy. [ 9 ] ** [9.89%]
UFOs a cover for top secret technologies [ 15 ] ** [16.48%]
Unexplained naturally occuring phenomenon [ 9 ] ** [9.89%]
A bunch of BS [ 10 ] ** [10.99%]
Other [ 9 ] ** [9.89%]
Total Votes: 91
Guests cannot vote 
Acid09
post Nov 20 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

This topic actualy came to my mind yesterday while watching the History channel. Now obviously nobody is going to prove or disprove the existance of Aliens, people from an alternate Earth(s) or any government coverup/ conspiracy.

The intent of the thread is simply to spark a discussion on people's opinions about UFOs. Depending on one's perspective UFOs are real in the sense that they're just that - Unidentified Flying Objects, or USOs - Unidentified Sea Objects. But this also means that just because an individual sees an object in the sky or sea that they don't understand doesn't mean it cannot be explained, not does it mean that are aliens or something just as outlandish.

Through out history and on into the present the current "mind" of the time has tried to explain things in the skys and seas they don't understand using the knowledge and science of the day. Needless to say there are countless accounts from people, sometimes en mass, wittnessing some kind of strange phenomenon in the sky and seas. And these accounts span the ages to the dawn of time itself. Even cave paintings display dipictions of strange humanoid creatures and objects in the sky. Since cave men didn't have written language the only way we could know what they were really trying to express is to go back in time and ask them. Not very likely anytime soon. This is equally true of other ancient "evidence" UFO enthuesiast have pointed to - the Nezca lines, stonehenge, the pyramids and other superstructures, Greek/Roman paintings of fiery chariots or flamming disks and so on in the skys, strange creatures seemingly operating mechanical vehicles in Aztec paintings, pictures of the Gods raining terror from the skies in what may seem like to us as space ships, the saint's encounters with angels were actually aliens. Some even claim the creation of civilization, and possibly humans, itself is due to an alien presance. A few think that these supposed "aliens" are not actually even aliens but ancient peoples who existed here on Earth long before humanity - possibly people from Atlantis.

We could go and on about other such "evidence" that seems to occur on into the 19th century and beyond. In our modern time we've advanced our vocabulary to include expressions of concepts ancient peoples probably couldn't even of dreamed. Because of our technical advancements we've encountered more than just hersey or esoteric piantings and writtings. Now we have numerous amounts of pictures, video coverage of strange objects, supposed radar and sonar coverages, unexlained interferance with electrical devices and so forth. And now even numerous accounts of abductions (some of which supposedly leave strange marks on abductees) as well as cow mutilations. While most (something like 95%) of these have been written off by skeptics and experts there are a few insidents in which the government, skeptics or experts could not or would not offer an explaination - or at least so says "UFO Files" on the History Channel.

So taken all of this "evidence" what do you all think it really means? Do UFOs indicate some unknown, possibly otherworldly, presenance? Or that the Goverment(s) are just using psychology to manipulate the world about its secret programs? Or are people just using their imaginations to try and make sense of the world around them using the knowledge of the time? Perhaps its is actually a combination of these. Then again we all could just be feeding ourselves a bunch of nonesense.

Your take?

This post has been edited by Acid09: Nov 20 2006, 03:11 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
nyechna
post Dec 18 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

One thing about UFOs (apart from the above) that makes me sceptical. Look at the descriptions of the UFOs in the 50s. They all seem to be riveted and held together with about the same technology that you would expect to find in Thunderbirds. The descriptions seem to change like a fashion, especially if there have been any good UFO films out that year

--------------------
Day of Living, Rising Sun,
Day of Plenty, Gracious Sun,
Day of Perfect, Grand Delight
Day of Fortune, Brilliant Night

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Dec 27 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings,

Yeah Aliens. Last night a UFO landed on my bird house and stuck a probe up my landlords ass.

Wait a minute……………..

I can never remember anything after the 12th shot of Tequila.

Is this how most UFO stories start?

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Acid09   Ufo's, Your Thoughts?   Nov 20 2006, 03:10 PM
DeathStalker   I voted extraterestrials as I believe there are ot...   Nov 20 2006, 04:18 PM
Ashnook   While I do believe in the existance of ETs, variou...   Nov 21 2006, 07:57 AM
Abijah   UFO´s are none of the above. They are Unidentified...   Nov 21 2006, 04:46 PM
Acid09   I'm just going to babble for awhile about my t...   Nov 22 2006, 02:30 PM
Acid09   Yeah man maybe they were like microbial lifeforms ...   Dec 28 2006, 05:47 PM
Edunpanna   Greetings Acid, The extreme and utter complexitie...   Dec 29 2006, 02:15 AM
Acid09   Yeah but it wasn't just cold out. It was a bli...   Dec 29 2006, 04:44 PM
FraterLvx   UFO's in my opinion are not extraterrestrial c...   Dec 31 2006, 02:30 PM
Edunpanna   Greetings 'FraterLvx', It does seem fairl...   Mar 25 2007, 12:51 PM
Acid09   I agree that the military has far more advanced te...   Jan 3 2007, 05:43 PM
Acid09   The aliens are working with our government in gre...   Mar 26 2007, 02:05 PM
Edunpanna   Sadly Bush's program files got corrupted in th...   Mar 26 2007, 07:00 PM
Goibniu   As a nationalistic American I'm proud to say ...   Aug 18 2009, 09:28 PM
Wezzard   Perhaps Bush is merely the puppet on the end-strin...   Mar 30 2007, 02:44 PM
Acid09   And the lumminati are really a bunch of people, po...   Jun 10 2007, 03:02 AM
Darkmage   ^heh. ;) For me UFO's fall into the 'who ...   Jul 5 2007, 10:37 AM
Azrael lee   i just want one lol :dribble:   Aug 17 2009, 06:34 PM
Xenomancer   I share a similar sentiment, though the details ...   Aug 17 2009, 08:19 PM
Goibniu   I'm open to the possibilities, but it isn...   Aug 17 2009, 09:16 PM
Dancing Coyote   I voted "yes" to all but the Atlantis bu...   Aug 18 2009, 01:31 PM
valkyrie   oh totally i believe in that stuff! until some...   Aug 18 2009, 02:24 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse