Fearn
post Dec 26 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello everyone!

So those of you that work with Enki, tell me

Is he a Necronomicon God?

If so is he based upon the Cannan (I think) God of water?

Is his personality anything like the Cannan Enki?

Thanks!!

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Xenomancer
post Feb 4 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #2

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

just an offhand here, but it is becoming apparent to some, although i'm not convinced yet, that the intensly physical 'dude' we know as enki isn't, or wasn't, a physical being at all, but a very old and very powerful jinn!

So you say but...

perhaps He appears in the form which is most suitable for the particular person.

I still consider this comment to have more weight. Both are true, but your statement is instancial (based on a matter of instance and individual circumstance) where Penny's carries more of an ambivalence of which may be accepted to include your comment as well.

All the better, though, that you gave us information on his Jinn-form manifestation.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Feb 4 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #3

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings,

Enki appears in many cultures under many guises. He is Vishnu, Neptune, Poseidon, Thoth, Mercury, Hermes, Pan, The Horned God, Keyote etc.

He is the element water and its power to make the Earth fertile and give birth. The rain is the seed of the union between him and Ki.

There is no way that a spirit so great that he encompasses one of the 4 elements could be a Jinn. He is too powerful.

I do agree with wrdscience however.

He is a shape shifter and can manifest to anyone in any way he sees fit.

Peace!

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Feb 5 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #4

Smasher666
Group Icon

Three things to remember about Enki

1He talks in riddles. He answers questions with questions. Like a Shao lin monk. He is always testing you. If he asks U a question it is a test. If he asks U to do something it is a test. With him everything is a test. Because he is trying to make you a great magician and a great warrior.

2 You must be humble with him. If you show pride he will turn his back on you. Give him the glory always. Know that it is he and not you that has the power and he will give the power abundantly. Be thankful. Be respectful. Be humble.

3 If you want power from Enki then use wisely the magick that he gives you. If You use it to do evil that magick is lost and will not return to you. If you do the right thing the power will amplify and return to you. But always return some of the magick to the
master so that his will may be manifested on Earth. You must give to him to receive from him. As long as he knows that U will not waste the power and that U will return the power to him he will give you power unlimited. But if you abuse it he will take it away.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Saul de Plume   Enki   Dec 26 2006, 07:20 PM
Edunpanna   Greetings 'Saul de Plume, Yam was the Canaani...   Dec 26 2006, 07:49 PM
Saul de Plume   Ah I see, my book lumped them all together...that ...   Dec 30 2006, 12:54 AM
Edunpanna   Greetings 'Saul de Plume, Its not a bad lump...   Dec 30 2006, 03:00 AM
WyrdScience   Well, seeing as how this is an Enki thread...might...   Dec 30 2006, 08:53 AM
Penny_Lane   Your observations are most interesting, WyrdScienc...   Feb 4 2007, 05:02 AM
esoterica   just an offhand here, but it is becoming apparent ...   Feb 4 2007, 07:56 AM
esoterica   and all the above are the markers of a jinn - an i...   Feb 5 2007, 08:07 AM
Edunpanna   Greetings, He was the greatest God of Sumeria. I...   Feb 5 2007, 12:16 PM
nebo82   and all the above are the markers of a jinn - an i...   Feb 5 2007, 09:16 PM
Eabatu   Um, where did you get the idea ENKI was a Djinn? I...   Feb 5 2007, 12:23 PM
nyechna   Sorry Esoterica, but I find it baffling that you f...   Feb 5 2007, 12:33 PM
Ra Hoor Khuit   Although classification of entities is somewhat di...   Feb 5 2007, 01:14 PM
Nosotro Tehuti   Ugh . There is no way in hell that Enki is a djinn...   Feb 5 2007, 04:28 PM
Ashnook   Enki is the embodiement of selflessness; I have ne...   Feb 5 2007, 05:09 PM
mystick   Its true that djinns do show several qualities tha...   Feb 5 2007, 08:38 PM
Ra Hoor Khuit   From Djinns do have powers and as you go above in ...   Feb 6 2007, 03:57 AM
mystick   Not really.Fully realized human is more powerful t...   Feb 6 2007, 05:29 AM
OmNamaShivaya   Greetings all. First of all, i would personally n...   Feb 6 2007, 07:21 AM
WyrdScience   :yikes: No wonder! I always had a hunch th...   Feb 6 2007, 08:03 AM
esoterica   like i said - just digging, and no offense meant, ...   Feb 6 2007, 09:38 AM
Edunpanna   Greetings 'esoterica', So you are saying ...   Feb 6 2007, 01:49 PM
mystick   Greetings :-) Now what esoterica is describing on ...   Feb 7 2007, 01:02 AM
esoterica   sorry, all - i actually had to work , and i apprec...   Feb 7 2007, 03:24 PM
Edunpanna   Greetings Estorica, ABout half of the Jinn are su...   Feb 7 2007, 04:35 PM
Laila   Enki is humanity divine father kind ,soft and warm...   Nov 4 2013, 12:38 PM
Laila   Enki i have no words to describe him   Dec 7 2013, 12:13 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse