Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Tell Me What You Think
semi-satori
post May 19 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I know probably all of ya have heard of Michael Ford. I'm thinking about buying a couple of his books. Then I read an article of his on chaostatic.com. Now I am confused. Hopefully someone here can set me straight.

It seems to me the guy can't make up his mind on whether or not the individual is the deity, the deity is within the practitioner or the deity is something outside the practitioner. From what I've read regarding his books, the deity is not the practitioner, because of the religious rites use in his books to invoke/envoke them.

The in the article he comes off as deity aspects are something within the practitioner. If this is so, why would he or any other person need/desire a rite to get in touch with these inner deities?

Finally, does anyone have any of his books? Are they any good? How about the rites/exercises in them? What were your experiences using them?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
semi-satori
post May 23 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thank you both for replying. J*S, just the other day I found a picture of him with his girlfriend. The two were dressed goth. I have nothing against those that dress this way, but I think it goes to credibility given the topic he wrote on. That's my two cents. I'm going to spend my money on two more of Stephen Mace's books and High Magic by Frater U:.D:.

Thanks again.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse