Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mantras/ Chakras
markyy64
post Nov 7 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi all, Does anyone know of a mantras to awaken the chakras, there are many on the net but id rather try from people that have use them and know they work safely.

many thanks mark

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Sarena
post Jun 30 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

I googled it and went onto wikipedia. =] & found...

A chakra is a center of activity that receives, assimilates, and expresses life force energy. The word chakra literally translates as wheel or disk and refers to a spinning sphere of bioenergetic activity emanating from the major nerve ganglia branching forward from the spinal column. There are seven of these wheels stacked in a column of energy that spans from the base of the spine to the top of the head. There are also minor chakras in the hands, feet, fingertips, and shoulders. Literally, any vortex of activity could be called a chakra. It is the seven major chakras that correlate with basic states of consciousness.... (NB: original text not meta-enhanced.)

Chakras are considered to be a nexus of metaphysical and/or biophysical energy of the human body.

Chakra are often explained according to the protocols of evidence-based medicine like acupuncture points. In some Eastern thought, chakras are considered to be gradations of consciousness, and states of the soul, and 'proving' the existence of chakras is asking to 'prove' the existence of the thought process. A mystic deals with these metaphysical concepts as a model for their internal and external experience, and when talking about 'energy centres', they are generally talking about subtle electromagnetic forces, which connect to the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies.

You probably could've googled it yourself so this isn't really much help.

But I thought to read up on it again anyway. I was going to do an artwork of the 7 chakras in year 9. It would've been really pretty! But I changed the idea.

--------------------

Say there's weakness in an empty pocket No, I'll tell you there's weakness in an empty heart
You say there's strength in the power to control No, There's strength in only love and compassion

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse