Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The -holy- Bible, the -perfect- Al Quran, How holy, how perfect?
+ Kinjo -
post Nov 20 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Someone told me that some editor in Rome (?) back then compiled and published the original Bible. Many of the works "submitted" by the "prophets" did not make it to the printer, for example, the book of Barabas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fie.gif) I also read from somewhere that rather than the true doctrine, a lot of the roman/church political agendas were emphasised on the published bible we have until now. Does not sound holy to me.

The muslim said that Al Quran is the "perfect book". Someone said that, the Quran is a copy from the bible's old testament, written verbatim (with various mistakes and personal agendas) by Muhammad as he learned/memorized it from a travelling hebrew priest (the first?) who's trying to convert Arab's to christianity (stories I heard also said that he killed the priest to cover his track).

I read a few of the Al Quran translations and just like my findings on the bible, it also has many contradictions. Does not look perfect to me.

The priests of religions would probably counter the contradictions by putting us in the blame by saying things like,"there are no contradiction, you're simply misreading it." or,"it only applies at that time" and "have a blind faith - happy is he who does not see yet believes". Well, I ain't blind and my God-given intelligence refuses to be force-fed by someone else's dogmas and agendas.

How does a holy and a perfect doctrines CAN be misread? It is very much does not look, sound holy nor even perfect to me. Once, it does feels holy and perfect - but only back then when I was very young and ignorant, being like the sheep religions often wants us to be.

Where does this "promised land" the book talks about? Sounds like a carrot in a stick to me. Look at Israel vs Palestine right now. A fight and massacre over a piece dust and stone?

And what kind of God we had if his religions promotes war, revenge, blood sacrifices, hate and fear? An eye for an eye? stone them to death? cut off his hand/head? lay low when you're weak then strike hard without mercy when you're strong? it is ok to make slave, rape woman (and children!) as your spoils of war? Then the new better testament come out and it is said to correct/compliment the old. WTF? A divine "God's" laws should not have the possibility of being misread, it should not confuse, it must be eternal by nature and its philosophies must be applicable to every situations.

I think, the kingdom of heaven may not come. There are no heaven and hell either. It is already and had always been with us, in our hearts and our minds.

~A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world~

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
arabian mage999
post Oct 23 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Initiate
Group Icon

dont you think that god knows that poeple make mistakes
god chose his prophets and guide them whith holy spirit and gave us holy books . so we cant have any excuses in the after life by saying god i didnt know

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
| Kinjo   The -holy- Bible, the -perfect- Al Quran   Nov 20 2005, 02:01 PM
Wanderer   What happens when mortal and flawed -translate and...   Nov 20 2005, 09:22 PM
Vishwas   I agree with Kinjo, we all are being flocked as sh...   Nov 21 2005, 07:59 AM
Skylyn   I do not believe any spiritual text to be the abso...   Nov 21 2005, 09:47 AM
Zahaqiel   I'm a nontrinitarian Christian (which in itsel...   Feb 25 2006, 03:32 PM
+ Kinjo -   I'm a nontrinitarian Christian (which in itsel...   Apr 28 2006, 10:03 AM
mystick   God did not gift us with the holy Books. God taugh...   Feb 25 2006, 10:40 PM
Zahaqiel   A very good example of the manipulative religious ...   Feb 26 2006, 02:34 AM
A_Smoking_Fox   i do agree that no book or word is holy in itself....   Feb 26 2006, 06:21 AM
Optimystic   If you want to really understand Judaism, Christia...   Mar 1 2006, 12:39 PM
Skinwalker   The same mystical knowledge that si found in the B...   Apr 28 2006, 08:19 PM
osiris1313   IF GOd created everything would any book be a chal...   Jun 12 2006, 10:46 PM
Zahaqiel   The stupid thing I find a lot of the time is that...   Jun 29 2006, 11:02 PM
Chorozon   your right Zahaqiel, there are many ways to interp...   Jun 30 2006, 03:01 AM
smasher666   Nothing is perfect. Everything is holy. The more...   Jul 5 2006, 02:04 AM
ominous   Nothing is perfect. Everything is holy. The more...   Jul 7 2006, 12:40 PM
Goibniu   Here is a copy from a British site h2g2 on the co...   Jul 7 2006, 11:06 PM
Mr_Merlin   I MUST agree with Kinjo on this one. The Bible, ...   Oct 1 2006, 12:06 AM
Acid09   I do agree that by looking at the psychology of th...   Oct 3 2006, 05:06 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse