Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Judge: Parents can't teach pagan beliefs
Athena
post May 27 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I hope this is the right forum for this. Pretty lame that this happens...
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...01/%20505260481
Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
paxx
post Oct 25 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Resident Fool
Group Icon

I am a very big on personal rights, so this stinks big time on my radar, however it ended up fine. The system worked. Same goes with most things religious based in the US. The first amendment is currently alive and strong (accept at airports or any area with a lot of people).

Now, at the same time, we have this huge cross culture of puritans. And lets face it, in a democracy, mob rules, and in a representative republic mob rules with some oversight.

Keeping the child in a catholic school and giving him the choice of beliefs when he is 18 has nothing to do with the court case. The judge placed a restriction on the parents (not the child) they fought the restriction. I think what they are did/doing is fine on most every level. Parents should not force their beliefs on their children. They should mold them and prepare them to be independent thinking members of a society.

How that is done, is arguable by anyone, but the last thing pagans who complain about Christian indoctrination should do is start pagan indoctrination. Let people decide their belief structure as the grow up and become independent thinkers.

But when it comes to religion, I honestly don’t know a country that is more free and accepting then the US currently; not Germany, not France, not Austria, probably most of Europe has some heavy restrictions on religion but not sure. England limits the throne of England to one religion. Now most let people practice freely, but most have big restrictions on starting a religion.

This is not to say that mistakes are not made, judges are people, and when a mistake is made it needs to be corrected.

The only current religious issue that I am aware of in the US is marriage issues and drug use, though in most cases the drugs are ok in places of worship.

--------------------
--Paxx

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Athena   Judge: Parents can't teach pagan beliefs   May 27 2005, 04:28 PM
wisdomsbane   yeah i read about that. and in america no less. ...   Jun 17 2005, 07:47 PM
Zahaqiel   Um... what happened to the Constitution, which all...   Jun 18 2005, 12:28 AM
sabbath   Crap like this infuriates me as it serves as an ex...   Jul 21 2005, 11:22 AM
Avitus   Thats pretty sad I'm a law student and I know ...   Jul 25 2005, 02:10 AM
The White Chaos   Reading that article sickened me and made me feel ...   Apr 19 2006, 02:00 AM
Praxis   Here is the followup to that situation: http://ne...   Apr 20 2006, 04:25 AM
The White Chaos   Thank you soo much for the update Praxis.   Apr 21 2006, 02:15 AM
Ashnook   Thank the heavens that the original decision was r...   Nov 12 2006, 03:40 AM
denk75   This case happened in my home state. It is horribl...   Nov 16 2006, 10:17 PM
esoterica   "A court report found that both parents are p...   Feb 11 2007, 08:48 AM
Sagdili Urbara   Many people here seem suprised that a case like th...   Apr 28 2007, 12:44 PM
ComaOfLoss   But when it comes to religion, I honestly don’t kn...   Nov 19 2007, 01:36 PM
Pandora   Is anyone besides me more worried about how the Ca...   Oct 26 2007, 12:51 AM
paxx   Compared to not being indoctrinated where? Unles...   Oct 26 2007, 10:23 AM
paxx   I’m not saying that you would notice it as a stand...   Nov 19 2007, 10:45 PM
ComaOfLoss   I’m not saying that you would notice it as a...   Nov 20 2007, 09:08 AM
paxx   You are totally right in I should not take Europe ...   Nov 20 2007, 11:06 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse