Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

SM Newsletter, Volunteers and ideas?
+ Kinjo -
post Sep 7 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

SM has an average of 1000 unique visitors daily to both the forums/the library and I'm thinking to publish a newsletter to a market size of at least 100 - 1000 interested subscribers.

Now this is just an idea for now since I have very little writing skill and occult knowledge, so I started this topic here to see if anyone has ideas, want to volunteer articles, and what else...

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
+ Kinjo -
post Jan 2 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #2

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I've seen the occult newsletter ideas been thrown around for years on OccultForums and here on Sacred Magick Forums but noone really team up and dedicated enough to see it through. I'm tired of seeing someone stating anything without any real delivery. But if anyone up to it with good motivation, planning and management skill etc, off course I'll back it up with my available server and technical resources etc, so, let's just see.

This should start with a shortlist of dedicated volunteers to begin with.

Newsletter volunteers:
1. Team Leader: ??? Contribution offered: ???
2. Username: ??? Contribution offered: ???
3, Username: ??? Contribution offered: ???

Would anyone be dedicated enough to put their name up in public here to commit and deliver?

Also, how long should we expect the newsletter to survive? How is it different or what benefits it will offer to the readers that will differentiate it from random topics/posts everyone can read from the forums? Since nobody is getting paid to write the articles, naturally I wouldn't expect it to survive periodically for very long.

Honestly, I'll be more optimistic if we have groups of authors offering free book chapters or short articles to promote their books. There is more motivation, market, drive and win/win solution there.

All IMHO off course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Jan 2 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(+ Kinjo - @ Jan 2 2008, 05:31 PM) *
I've seen the occult newsletter ideas been thrown around for years on OccultForums and here on Sacred Magick Forums but noone really team up and dedicated enough to see it through. I'm tired of seeing someone stating anything without any real delivery. But if anyone up to it with good motivation, planning and management skill etc, off course I'll back it up with my available server and technical resources etc, so, let's just see.

I can sympathize. About five minutes of reflection brought to mind many times when I ran across abandoned attempts. Just curious, what recourses resources do you foresee the publication needing?

This should start with a shortlist of dedicated volunteers to begin with.

Newsletter volunteers:
1. Team Leader: ??? Contribution offered: ???
2. Username: ??? Contribution offered: ???
3, Username: ??? Contribution offered: ???

Would anyone be dedicated enough to put their name up in public here to commit and deliver?

Unless someone more qualified wants it, I volunteer as:
Team Leader: Father Jhon
Contribution offered: Editor, compiler

Also, how long should we expect the newsletter to survive? How is it different or what benefits it will offer to the readers that will differentiate it from random topics/posts everyone can read from the forums? Since nobody is getting paid to write the articles, naturally I wouldn't expect it to survive periodically for very long.

Survive? I suppose it will last at the very least a year- 2-4 publications. By then it will be obvious if the readership is interested or not. Conveniently the long space between issues allows for plenty of tinkering if something is wrong. If you don’t ‘expect it to survive for… very long’ you could always pay us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Honestly, I'll be more optimistic if we have groups of authors offering free book chapters or short articles to promote their books. There is more motivation, market, drive and win/win solution there.

Good idea... I see if I track down someone who will be willing to part with some excerpts.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
| Kinjo   SM Newsletter   Sep 7 2005, 07:43 PM
chaoscrowley37   Are you planning on publishing it electronically (...   Sep 7 2005, 09:52 PM
Bb3   It's really a great idea and if I wrote anythi...   Sep 8 2005, 01:23 AM
chaoscrowley37   Is this idea moving along? bb3's idea of a pl...   Sep 20 2005, 05:05 AM
SlowLoris   I'd love to be involved with this.   Sep 20 2005, 05:40 AM
A_Smoking_Fox   good idea. I am willing to write something for it.   Sep 20 2005, 06:35 AM
| Kinjo   I'm not quite sure how we get started on this ...   Sep 20 2005, 07:32 AM
paxx   I am re-igniting this thread. I think the board is...   Dec 15 2007, 06:28 PM
fatherjhon   Greetings, Organizing it need not be a pain. Week...   Dec 16 2007, 07:15 PM
fatherjhon   Did this topic die again... and so soon? Or maybe ...   Dec 22 2007, 01:54 AM
Paradox   Seems like a good idea I'd be interested as we...   Dec 27 2007, 09:11 PM
fatherjhon   That’s good. Do you have a favorite topic or doing...   Dec 28 2007, 07:25 AM
Paradox   Thats actually a good idea, That topic did grab a ...   Dec 28 2007, 04:08 PM
SPoison   How's the progress on this so far?   Dec 29 2007, 11:22 AM
fatherjhon   Nothing has been submitted, if that is your questi...   Dec 29 2007, 11:53 AM
SPoison   Alright then, I'll see what I can turn up for ...   Dec 29 2007, 02:53 PM
paxx   Sorry, been occupied of late. From the mod/admin ...   Jan 2 2008, 03:50 PM
+ Kinjo -   I can sympathize. About five minutes of reflection...   Jan 3 2008, 07:59 AM
SeekerVI   What about an annual or a biannual publication to ...   Jan 4 2008, 07:56 PM
fatherjhon   What about an annual or a biannual publication to ...   Jan 5 2008, 05:48 AM
paxx   Sorry, started a new job recently that has had me ...   Jan 5 2008, 12:28 PM
fatherjhon   Personally in mind I had the concept of two articl...   Jan 5 2008, 12:58 PM
paxx   On the articles, composting, taking bio-waste mate...   Jan 5 2008, 08:30 PM
fatherjhon   On the articles, composting, taking bio-waste mate...   Jan 6 2008, 05:50 PM
fatherjhon   Greetings, It has been awhile. I used the time c...   Feb 7 2008, 12:34 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse