Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Black Magic For Good Reasons
Xochipilli
post Aug 24 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I hear that black magic encompasses any form of magic done on someone without them agreeing to it whether it be for their benefit or demise. Wouldn't it be possible to do some sorta general ritual where you demand "things just get better for this person" nothing specific so you know you won't end up causing them problems thinking your helping. All you'd be doing is giving them a boost towards a better life. If you were proficient in psionics or whatever would it be possible to just go around causing changes for the better for everyone you run into? I don't see why not. I know I'd like someone helping make life better for me.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Heathen
post Sep 18 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Phrases like "things just get better for this person", "a boost towards a better life" and especially "general ritual" suggest something as vague as themselves. A really general blessing. I don't have much experience, but from what I've learned I know one thing: when you perform a ritual to achieve something, energy works like a laser when focused (on a very particular result) and like simple lightbulb light when out of focus (like "i wanna make the world a peaceful place"). The difference in efficiency is quite obvious, I guess. So the problem is not that the general blessing you mentioned is impossible but - at least for me - highly inefficient. Don't get me wrong, though, maybe someone more proficient in magick would succeed where others would fail (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You've touched upon a very interesting issue, though. Healing without permission and/or knowledge is considered black magick. To tell you the truth, I don't really understand it. People may not want you to interfere in various situations and problems like love, work or whatever but you can be quite sure they do want to recover as soon as possible (at least on the consciousness level, because it might be their subconsciousness that's trying to kill them). So why on earth not?
OK, maybe Karma and stuff... But I don't think that even most of the diseases have their reason in Karma, let alone all of them. So maybe divination first and then healing?

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound :)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse