Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Defense Vs Dreamwalking?
flyingmojo
post Apr 5 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

My wife and I believe that she is under psychic attack from my stepmother. This isn't surprising really since A) my stepmother is psychotic and emotionally unstable, B) absolutely despises my wife and believes she is responsible for taking me away from her (my stepmother was very possessive of me), C) really wanted to see me break up with my wife since she viewed her as a threat, and D) is well versed in magick since it was she who introduced me to it. And knowing my stepmother, who is very powerful and very focused, I think that even if she wasn't deliberately malefacting anyone, she could certainly be the source of a lot of psychic negativity and torment, especially when it comes to my wife, whom she blames for the end of my relationship with her. The kind of one-sided negativity she is capable of focusing on someone is just f*cked up.

If you want to avoid reading all the story below, I'll just throw my question out now. How do you defend yourself against someone psychically tormenting you and sending negative energy through dream and dream-walking?

What's been going on are really vivid, frightening and disturbing nightmares (the kind of dreams that aren't dreams if you know what I mean) usually but not always with my stepmother in them, that have been leaving my wife feeling like she is being sucked dry. My wife never used to get nightmares, not like this anyway. The last one involved a child that both my wife and I cared for (which, IMO, undoubtedly symbolized our relationship). My stepmother had been in the dream only moments before a huge dog took our child and tore it into little pieces. My wife, distraught and grief-stricken, tried to pick up the body-parts of our child.

Another dream, the worst of all, involved my wife and I lying down to dream-travel together (in her dream), when some kind of entity grabbed her, pulled her away from me, and dragged her into a hell-realm, which was so terrifying and so vivid, she blocked most of it out upon waking (which she did in the middle of the night, then woke me up and cried for quite a while). Both of us were quite sure the entity was an envoy of my stepmother's, since we had been sensing her anger and negativity psychically directed at us for a while, and still do.

My wife has been setting up the following defenses: she has been regularly calling the angels, asking for and visualizing an angel to spread its protective wings over our property and shielding us from ill-intent and negative energy. The barrier also has a mirror quality to it, reflecting any negativity back and turning it into positive, loving energy. I've also been regularly doing banishing rituals and praying to the Virgin Mary (who I have a deep connection with). Recently, I had the idea of grounding this protective barrier by burying quartz crystals around the house.

However, something occurred to me this morning and made me realize that we'd been perhaps going at this with the wrong angle. I remembered when my stepmother had had a really awful relationship with a person who was also into magick and was also really possessive and wouldn't let my stepmother go when she was trying to break up with her. In this case, the person was actively trying to bind my stepmother to her, and make her obsessed, or create obsession (which worked), by dream-walking. Upon remembering this, I realized that dream is its own passage-way, and while we have been protecting our physical and astral space, my wife's dream-scape is totally unprotected.

So how do you guard yourself from someone using dream to psychically attack you?

--------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
Einstein

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Vilhjalmr
post May 3 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Try meditation, sleeping pills, or a therapist. Not to say certain rituals or magical precautions wouldn't be effective, but if they're not seeming to help, part of that might be all the focusing on this you're doing. Try to meditate about other things, although if you think you can erase your fear through understanding the problem that might also help.

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: May 3 2009, 10:45 PM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post May 7 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

i've had a couple psychic attacks...and while that doesn't make me an expert one thing you should know is....

stop thinking of yourself as a victim. why are you only being defensive???

be aggressive about this. i'm not saying attack your mother or stop calling Michael (because it is obviously helping)...but ask yourself this: What are you essentially saying if you fortify yourself against fire and brimstone and Armageddon and then close your eyes and cover your ears dreading the next hit?
you're, basically, admitting that you're afraid and passive and helpless, and therefore you are feeding the attacker/source of the nightmares energy in which to continue to attack you.

you should know that any kind of social predator, be it in the physical or mental or astral arena...they all try to make you feel like a victim. that way, THEY have the power, and you have none. it is an illusion. you are in control.

say it with me....

I am not a victim.

This post has been edited by valkyrie: May 7 2009, 12:24 AM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse