Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forming A Pocket Realm For Travel, How would this be done?
Uru the Sage
post Aug 19 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know exactly which it would fall under. I've been thinking over the idea of creating a small pocket realm for astral, and if possible physical travel.
I don't know where I'd begin with this, or if it's even possible, so I'd be very thankful for the input from those more well versed in this. So far I've only done basic sigil work to try and begin its formation, but I haven't seen any results as of yet. Thanks in advance!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Kath
post Oct 11 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

when i hear the phrase pocket realm, i think of a small distinct slice of the larger astral reality. if you imagine the astral plane(s) as being like a phonebook, with each page being it's own 'plane' so to speak. many of the pages are blank (there's an awful lot of them), and basically when you make an astral temple, you're making use of some free space in one of these. I think that sealing off a small plane, so that it becomes more of an enclosure of indefinite size, and using it for various different things, could be a subcategory of magical practice in and of itself. I've used this style of working 4 times, each for a different purpose. the first for making an 'astral temple', the other 3 for less common things.

i've no idea how this would tie into physical travel.

This post has been edited by Kath: Oct 11 2009, 09:41 AM

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Alt 14
post Oct 11 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

This is something I contemplated myself, but I came to the conclusion that in order for me to send my consciousness to a different time and place, I'd have to forget how I got there, as well as allowing myself to construct a "memory" of the years past in the body I would assume in the new time and place. But that was a little while back. Knowing what I do now, I don't think that would be absolutely necessary, but I can't quite figure out what would happen when I returned. I would assume I would awaken one day and it would appear to have been a dream or maybe find myself in the hospital recovering from a month-long coma or something. What happens to the body residing in the here and now while you're out on your vacation? You need to either create an explanation so it doesn't appear magical to the non-believers here, or allow the non-believers to deny your claims (ie dream or coma or drug use or insanity).

I don't believe there are any limits here, so to answer your question, yes it's possible. Perhaps intense concentration and preparation for shifting realms could be actualized by a suicide in this realm, but if you don't believe that and/or can't see why it would work, you probably shouldn't attempt that. I can't really help you other than reassuring you that whatever you plan WILL work, if you cover your bases and THINK it will work.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse