Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Chakra: Where To Go From Here, Some advice, Forum?
Dooley
post Jan 23 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

So, I'm getting really good at opening/closing/clearing/charging my 7 main chakra. (my throat and groin[the one above the root] chakra are my weakest, but I can still use them)

I'm also good at sending 'energy' through my limbs, and all the relaxing and whatnot. I've entered some pretty interesting waking trance states. I can get to a point where all my body goes to sleep and it's very easy to visualize(it's usually easy anyway, but it gets even easier to visualize detail), and I can forget my real body. I'm also getting good at doing other weird things. I can got to a point where I lose control of my breathing- it becomes very deep and rapid and my heart starts beating rapidly. After I stop my body is quivering and my vision is very blurry for a few minutes. It's pretty neat.

Ahem, anyway, I'm wondering if the forum has any advice on more work I can do with the chakras.

--------------------
Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Goibniu
post Jan 24 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

The classes that I have seen saying that they teach Kundalini yoga usually don't teach actual kundalini yoga. They teach some sort of mixture of yoga and new age practices. I haven't found that the classes or teachers were of high calibre. I'm not saying that kundalini yoga is bogus, but it seems that a lot of teachers with few qualifications call what they teach kundalini yoga because it is trendy and brings in more business. So let the buyer beware. Question the teachers about their level of experience, their training and what exactly they teach.

Another reality is that true kundalini yoga is quite arduous and demanding. There are other forms of yoga and other related disciplines that would perhaps be better suited. It gives you a wider choice from which to choose. Remember that just because it is called kundalini yoga it isn't a guarantee of quality, rather the reverse these days in my experience.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse