Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Two Dead In Arizona During 'spiritual Cleanse'
Bb3
post Oct 10 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/topst...at_lodge_deaths

Here's one link to the story, I'll get back and comment later when I've got more time.

--------------------
Mad skillz

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Aphrodite
post Feb 4 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Sounds like he is manic and possibly took advantage of people in a weakened mental state (when they were deprived of air and probably delusional) by demanding they stay put during the hazardous situation. He should be charged with negligence, people trusted him and he led 3 to an unnecessary death.

I guess it was too hard for him to open a basic health or medical book or even talking with a doctor before undertaking the cleansing.

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Feb 5 2010, 02:28 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

I periodically hear about things like this. To me the lesson in it is very simple; Native American ceremony is for Native Americans, ONLY, and not us.

People might read me writing this, and then call me a hypocrite for claiming Kali as a patron, however the difference is, that I don't try and do anything dangerous as part of worshipping Ma, and every indication I've ever had, has suggested to me that she doesn't want me to, either. There have been times when I'll have a fairly strong spice (turmeric, paprika, garam masala) mix burning in my bedroom, and I will suddenly get a mental message in the middle of what I'm doing, to open my eyes and go out, even when I have the window open.

Pathwalking/being astrally active doesn't come overnight, either, or more specifically, conscious memory and control of it doesn't. I believe myself that most of us are astrally active when we're asleep, but we usually don't remember it.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I will claim that astral projection is something I do have a small amount of experience with. I was working with Bruce Moen's online community (http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/) for possibly two years, starting in late 2004. In that time, I had four experiences (translating to an average of one per six months) which I'm unequivocally willing to refer to as legitimate, and none since. You need to be in a very specific energetic state, and truthfully I still haven't figured out how to completely isolate and replicate it in myself at will, yet.

Anyone who tries to go the instant gratification route with this sort of thing, is asking for trouble. It is especially foolish to attempt to engage in any arduous form of asceticism without rigorous, long term training beforehand.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Bb3   Two Dead In Arizona During 'spiritual Cleanse'   Oct 10 2009, 07:50 PM
xXDaemonReignXx   http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/topst...at_l...   Oct 10 2009, 08:08 PM
Darkmage   This is ALL OVER the local news atm. I'm sur...   Oct 10 2009, 08:17 PM
Bb3   Well, since I've last heard of it 3 are dead, ...   Nov 14 2009, 05:04 AM
Darkmage   Oh, it gets better--Yavapai County police are now ...   Nov 14 2009, 08:03 AM
esoterica   sweat lodge - a simulation of the underworld - hot...   Nov 15 2009, 01:22 PM
Bb3   sweat lodge - a simulation of the underworld - ho...   Nov 30 2009, 04:28 AM
Darkmage   Because the serious occultists who are out there...   Nov 30 2009, 05:25 AM
esoterica   >>His repetition of things that could be com...   Nov 30 2009, 09:57 AM
Darkmage   Here's another little gem on this story: ht...   Dec 22 2009, 03:59 PM
Darkmage   Now he's evidently being charged with manslaug...   Feb 4 2010, 08:07 AM
Aphrodite   I periodically hear about things like this. To m...   Feb 5 2010, 07:45 AM
Petrus   What do you mean “not us”? Not occultist? ...   Feb 5 2010, 10:42 AM
Darkmage   "Us," meaning anyone who isn't ethn...   Feb 12 2010, 06:43 AM
SororZSD23   Sounds like he is manic and possibly took advanta...   Feb 5 2010, 10:45 AM
Goibniu   He seems to be guilty of manslaughter so I am not ...   Feb 7 2010, 12:50 AM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse