Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Libations To Dionysus, Elixirs, Potions and Liqueurs, Oh My!
bym
post Feb 11 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings All!
I've been 'mulling' this over for awhile. In my enforced captivity I've started to renew my passion for chemistry of a more Esoteric nature!
Thinking that this topic should probably end up in Lifestyles, I've decided that we'll push it further, depending upon member interest.
What the hell...I'm interested and I hope that I can interest you as well!
I'll not bore you with the history of potions and elixirs, save where it is of vital importance to the recipe.
My goal will be almost blog-like but I'm also hoping that I can spark others to contribute to this thread! Who know? Maybe we can collectively publish this for giggles one day!
Please take some time after reading this prologue to shoot me some of your ideas and critiques....I'm open to suggestion!

Of late I've taken up the time honored tradition of making my own Liqueurs and Cordials. I don't really drink (because of my meds) but do, occasionally, enjoy a tipple or utilize an elixir to help facilitate a shamanic working. Since you are all a somewhat 'captive' audience, I thought that some of you may be interested. With the Potions Class in the Harry Potter movies/books I figure that some of you may like the idea of knowing how to compile various potions, elixirs and ...booze. *sigh* I will address some of the more interesting formulae that I've stumbled over in my years tenured on this rock. I beg your forgiveness prior to this embarking...I have an odd sense of humor and I sometimes utilize the pun for dramatic/nauseating effect. That's just too bad! *grin*

So...before I really get started....I'd like a show of interest and maybe some requests. I will not be getting into the hard science of distillation techniques. This is to keep the Feds from knocking at the door and also I'd like for the processes used to be available to most everyday kitchen. I will, however, give you information on where and how to purchase certain herbs, spices, incenses and oils...all for reasonable rates! The times are tough on the pocketbook. Some expenses (such as alcohol) will be necessary in order to complete the recipes. It will be CLEARLY NOTED if a recipe is unfit for human consumption!!! I will not take ANY responsibility for any personal ALLERGIES/DRUG SENSITIVITIES you may have!...nor will Sacred-Magick be held liable for said weaknesses/illnesses/allergies/sensitivities to ANY of the substances used! You will have to bear some of the burden concerned with this...sorry, but thems the rules!

Any thoughts? Ideas? Requests? I will wait one week from today, February 11th, before posting my first recipes/techniques. Remember, give me some input so I can satisfy your needs! Even tho' this is posted in the Witchcraft section, the formula will not be confined to Wiccan belief systems! They will be all-inclusive! This thread may be moved to an alternate area...but a link will be left for those who can't see in the dark! *grin*...and, yes, chocolate will be discussed! Yum! Now...TALK TO ME! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Xenomancer
post Feb 14 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #2

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

Well, not all of these are to be imbibed, but a home-brew of the following would be nice:

Medicinals:

Anti-Hemorrhoid potion
Anti-Diarrhea potion
Natural Laxative
Undercooked-food healing potion (note: Safe on beneficial flora)
Potion of Heal Minor Grazes (topical)

Domestics:

Water-based all-solvent
Alcohol-based all-solvent
Optional: Acetone-based all-solvent

Other utility:
Insect repellant
Insect infestation treatment
Anti-moth chemical

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse