Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Creating A Get-away World
GreenChase1
post Apr 18 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I was wondering how to, during meditation, create a little world to escape to, like a orchard, garden etc. I have read in books about people doing this to escape stress and the world for a little while.

Thanks =D

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Ethereal Sight
post Apr 19 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Light Wielder
Group Icon

QUOTE(GreenChase1 @ Apr 18 2010, 10:58 PM) *

I was wondering how to, during meditation, create a little world to escape to, like a orchard, garden etc. I have read in books about people doing this to escape stress and the world for a little while.

Thanks =D

Go onto iTunes and look up "the Meditation Podcast" and download episode seven, your Sacred Space. I tend to follow the directions until it leads me to this "sacred space" and then do my own thing. That's my two cents. I have created many different getaway spaces over the years, however, usually based off of a television show or video game I'm watching (cut me some slack, I've been 14 or less my whole life) - right now it's a green wilderness full of strange wildlife similar to Gran Pulse from Final Fantasy XIII (although I invented this one before getting the game).

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse