Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is Anyone Sick Of The End Of The World Theme?, grrrrrrrr*****!
valkyrie
post Sep 15 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok...so the media has been selling the whole mass hysteria end of the world paranoia crap, pretty much force feeding it to us and it seems like for the most part we are swallowing. What the heck? Shouldn't we be angry or upset at the fear mongering???

Im sick of it!

Am I the only one who doesn't believe in that nonsense? I mean, how many thousands of years has humanity been on its toes about this sort of thing? Were fragile creatures that can go at any moment...but why do we need to put a date on it? I don't know about you guys but I don't have an expiration label. I'm not a canned good.

Even if the mayans are right, why is human extinction equivalent to the end of the world? There was life before, and surely there will be life after us. What do you guys think??? Cuz I want a good argument/FIGHT about this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sport_boxing.gif)

Just let me be the first to cry "BULL!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/q20.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Joseph
post May 25 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Greetings,

I take our measurment of time from Seasonal Changes, it does work in a Cyclic manner, yet it is said that Time is Linear, that it moves from one point to a second point to an infinite number of other Linear Points. It's funny, Ridiculous, and Sad that some Interpret the Cyclic Calendars of a Race the Mayan Race which modern people attest had the Greatest Civilization in the Americas before America was even America. If the Civilization that is attested to had a Celestial Time Piece that could predict the end of the world, yet they could not even forsee that the Spaniards were not the returning God Form of Quetzelcoatl, yet an invading Naval and Military might from another country coming to take by force their livelihoods and way of life, then how much stock could be placed in their belief of a Cyclic, or other Astronomical Time Piece that would supposedly foretell them of important events.

The answer is never easy, yet one plausible reply would be that, when people have a so-called Prophecy that depicts their peoples end, or the end of the existence of all Life, then of course the Rulers of those People will at that time claim that with their Protection and Rulership they will help stay these Destructive Forces alltogether. The people often will even feel, like in the media movies, and many Psychological Instances in the Nature of People, that The need for Heroes, who will stand to deliver is here. This to me is how the Religious as Well as Political Leaders gain a foot hold in the Lives of People. First when there is no reason to fear, and peace is existent, then there is a Group that creates a situation to propagandisize the people with to make them believe their is a State of Alarm and that under the Leader, either Religious, or Political the Danger can be averted. Before long there really is a problem. It is when people open themselves up to Beurocratical conditioned Bullshit Prophecies that are so vague that they could be considered comical if not for the reactions of people drinking it in like it is the single most important discovery and becoming enslaved with fear.

Of course many have the tendencies when watching the Media Prepared and Presented Movies like "Live Free or Die Hard", or even " Lord of the Rings", or other Presentation to place ourselves vicariously in the position of the Hero. People feel that in cases of problems they can rise to a Heroic Status when in times of peace they are nobodies. Plain and simple if a person will not be true to themselves if things are easy, they won't do it if things got tougher. So we create beliefs to foster our need to Live in a Fantastical Realm where we can rise above the crowd.

Another reason the so-called Prophetic Bullshit is pumped out to the people about every decade is so that people will be so busy thinking, speaking, and preparing for these created events, that they are not aware of the true problems in Life. Like when we have 6 million gallons of Oil floating in the Gulf of Mexico, and yet although all these Oil Rigs know how to drill for the Oil, they didn't stop to think before hand what they would do in a State of Emergency such as is right in front of our eyes. Instead of this being an issue with people, people are speaking about Fantasy Movies and other Bullshit from Hollywood to keep people from seeing that after 4 weeks of the Oil SLick SPreading, all our Nations leaders can do is say, that they will make sure that the Nation continues to take care of the situation to ease the burdens from those living on the coast, and to hold the Oil Companies who contribute many Millions of Dollars to them pays the tab. Yeah, Right. Technically the situation hasn't even been dealt with from our so called Great Leader, or this Nations Modern Marvels put into action.

The End of the World Prohecies is a lot of Media Hype, certain misguided Authors and Movie Makers, and Individuals with an acclaimation for a Article Review make a Killing earning money from gullible people who want something to talk about, and something to shock them out of their desensitized state of mediocrity, then after a couple months, or after the situation akin to Y2K when the world was supposed to be brought down by the computers not being able to turn over to the New Millenium they will have to seek after something even more shocking and devestating so they can feel the sense of fear, that so many engage themselves to, in order to believe they have an enemy.

Our Greatest Enemey Is Within Ourselves.

Respectfully,
Helel (Joseph)

--------------------
Aude est Facere - To Dare Is To Do

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
valkyrie   Is Anyone Sick Of The End Of The World Theme?   Sep 15 2009, 11:08 AM
Xenomancer   Not so much the actual extinction part that worrie...   Sep 15 2009, 01:28 PM
The Sorceress   Not so much the actual extinction part that worri...   Apr 23 2010, 03:54 PM
al_zaine   There are a number of different ways in which huma...   Sep 15 2009, 06:11 PM
Goibniu   Human beings tend to be paranoid. Often this take...   Sep 15 2009, 07:29 PM
Imperial Arts   The Mayans couldn't even figure out how to mak...   Sep 15 2009, 10:56 PM
esoterica   >>The Mayan calendar is really just a series...   Sep 16 2009, 08:31 AM
Acid09   I think on some level humans simply cannot help bu...   Sep 16 2009, 09:31 PM
valkyrie   "From a biological point of view it makes sen...   Sep 23 2009, 10:05 AM
Kath   valkyrie, I'm right there with you. I am so an...   Oct 17 2009, 03:33 PM
Kriemhilde   ( ... okee here I go, jumping in. Please don't...   Oct 18 2009, 01:06 AM
Xenomancer   I almost crapped myself to that one. HILARIOUS...   Oct 18 2009, 11:34 AM
Kriemhilde   Actually I was cryptically referring to a religiou...   Oct 18 2009, 04:11 PM
valkyrie   oh by all means, kriem....curmudgeon us!!...   Oct 18 2009, 11:15 PM
Darkmage   Personally I think the world will end from people ...   Oct 19 2009, 08:39 AM
Goibniu   http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/appendix3.html ...   Oct 19 2009, 02:49 PM
Xenomancer   lol DIABEETUS I had to post this song. :D   Oct 20 2009, 07:18 AM
esoterica   all of the end times prophesies have no reference ...   Apr 26 2010, 09:40 AM
Acid09   I knew I was fucking psychic! And I actually...   Apr 26 2010, 09:43 PM
grim789   Well i do believe 2012 is going to bring something...   May 23 2010, 10:14 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2024 - 02:38 PM