Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Learning Necromancy, Where should I start?
Nagash
post May 17 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello everyone, does anyone know any good starting points for learning Necromancy?

I've been researching the topic for a while and I would really like to gain some first hand knowledge. My problem is that the more I read, the more daunting the prospect becomes. Not only do I have to wade through countless pages of RPG nonsense, but when I do come across some genuine information, it seems everyone has their own interpretation of what necromancy actually is and what is involved in its practice. I understand that every practitioner is an individual and so is likely to have their own opinions of the art based on their own experiences but isn't there a 'common ground' if you will, some basic exercises to atleast get me started so I can begin to form my own ideas and enjoy the art for what it can offer?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Any similarities between your world and mine are purely coincidental.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Xenomancer
post Jun 21 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #2

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

All of the above. I want to understand death. Why do we die? What happens when we do die? Can we prepare for and ultimately change our ethereal existance once we do die? These are some of the questions I would like to find an answer to and so far I'm unable to find satisfactory answers elsewhere.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) XENOMANCER SEZ!!--->

Spend some time in deep contemplation. Not quite meditation, but a state of mind marked by heavy concentration of contemplative thought within a matrix of meditative state of mind. Within, consider the world in a view of thanatopsis.

NOTE: You will not get the answers right away, but you will be pointed in the right direction of where to find your answers. You will be reminded of bookstores, books, and names of authors and psychologists as you meditate. These are the starting points of the answers you seek.

PROTIP: Once you gather information from sources that have been inspired to you from the above method, meditate again and try to figure out what makes sense to you!

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse