Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Anybody Else Want To Start An Organization?
Ethereal Sight
post Aug 29 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Light Wielder
Group Icon

Anybody else want to form a sort of magickal EPA? I've seen too much ridiculousness of non-magickal people attempting to peacefully resolve things which obviously cannot be resolved without some magick.

As magicians, wizards, witches... whatever the hell you call yourself, we are all tapping into the forces of the earth to use our magick. Whether you prefer summoning demons, selling souls to satan, smashing things with storm winds or stirring herbal poultices, we all use power from the earth to do what we do - whether the gods of it, the souls of the people on it, its own very components or things that we grow in it, we rely on the earth magickally - to exclude the very basic necessities of life (food, water, air) that it gives up.

As far as human forces like devlopment and legal hunting go, there's no reason to interfere - that doesn't require our help. However - slowing global warming and regulating weather patterns is something which normal people clearly have no ability to stop. Shall we band together and fight destruction or let the natural world go to hell around us?

As humans it's our problem and that makes it our duty to solve it. So will anyone join me on the way?

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
monkman418
post Aug 30 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

If nothing else, casting (something) to make sure that BP is held financially responsible for cleaning up the disaster in the gulf would be an excellent start...

Wish I could say I had faith in the ability of the justice system to hold BP responsible, but for the lawyers and the loopholes and the ability of corporate behemoths to exploit the system.

I am boycotting BP, but I had to buy $2.00 worth of their gas today because I was running on fumes. On the pump, I noticed a little label that told customers to closely monitor the gas nozzle and warned them that they would be responsible for any spills made, all of which I found a bit ironic.

This post has been edited by monkman418: Aug 30 2010, 12:11 AM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Ethereal Sight   Anybody Else Want To Start An Organization?   Aug 29 2010, 04:18 PM
Pyre   I think your right when you say that people with m...   Aug 29 2010, 07:52 PM
Ethereal Sight   Without a significant amount of people with magic...   Aug 29 2010, 07:58 PM
Pyre   Well I'm all for that, but like you I'm ra...   Aug 29 2010, 09:45 PM
Ethereal Sight   Well I'm all for that, but like you I'm r...   Aug 29 2010, 10:55 PM
Ethereal Sight   If nothing else, casting (something) to make sure...   Aug 30 2010, 12:08 AM
Pyre   If nothing else, casting (something) to make sure...   Aug 30 2010, 05:42 AM
☞Tomber☜   I think your right when you say that people with ...   Aug 30 2010, 11:01 AM
Ethereal Sight   Oh and by the way I think global warming due to h...   Aug 30 2010, 08:13 PM
☞Tomber☜   Not to derail your thread but I wasn't joking....   Aug 30 2010, 09:26 PM
monkman418   Not to derail your thread but I wasn't joking...   Aug 30 2010, 09:35 PM
Ethereal Sight   Not to derail your thread but I wasn't joking...   Aug 31 2010, 09:17 AM
kaboom13   What makes you think we're not doing anything....   Aug 30 2010, 10:24 PM
☞Tomber☜   Well after taking this off topic I kinda should he...   Aug 31 2010, 02:16 PM
Ethereal Sight   Well after taking this off topic I kinda should h...   Aug 31 2010, 10:43 PM
monkman418   Another disaster in the gulf today, and now I read...   Sep 3 2010, 01:10 AM
Draw   Not sure how bothered i am about climate-change, t...   Sep 3 2010, 04:24 AM
Darkmage   The problem that I have with organizations, or any...   Sep 3 2010, 07:27 AM
scoobs   There already is a movement going on...and it is i...   Sep 4 2010, 12:40 PM
Imperial Arts   People used to worry about falling off the flat ea...   Sep 5 2010, 08:46 PM
Ethereal Sight   [color=#3333FF]People used to worry about falling...   Sep 6 2010, 02:23 AM
Ethereal Sight   So, this never addressed the question. Is anyone ...   Sep 14 2010, 02:40 PM
Vagrant Dreamer   And how do you know that such a thing does not pre...   Sep 14 2010, 09:29 PM
Ethereal Sight   And to be entirely honest, I do not think you are...   Sep 15 2010, 01:52 PM
valkyrie   ok yeah i read this thread, and to tell you the tr...   Sep 15 2010, 04:16 PM
Vagrant Dreamer   Thanks for that.... because you definitely know m...   Sep 15 2010, 04:57 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse