Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Healing Advice
Draw
post Sep 8 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm currently working at a care home for the elderly/blind.
I've been working for about 3 months an i can see my-self working their for about a couple of years.
I can do a little bit of improvised energy healing but I'm not practiced, one of the reasons for getting the job was to get a better idea of how to handle it.

At the moment I'd much rather keep anything i do as covert as i can, also safety is a big issue, it's been my experience that powerful stuff can disrupt delicate existing balances,
some residences (one of which is 105!) are clearly gifted individuals while others are clearly coping with old age quite badly.

Here is a list of the major illnesses I'm working with here;
Blindness- over half of the residence are entirely or partially blind.
Muscle weakening- when an old person stops being able to move by themselves it's hard to keep what mobility they have left, which makes my life harder!
Bone's- this one old lady creeks like 4 people grinding their teeth whenever she moves, it's clearly agony!
Memory- When this goes it really effects the persons ability to cope with everything around them, especially if they are blind.
Diabetes- about half suffer from type 2, it can cause so many other health problems i can't begin to relate them all.
Dementia- it's fascinating to get to know these individuals but very hard to look after them, the confusion they can feel is quite terrible.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wheelchair.gif)

Obviously i can't cure all these, i would be a fool for thinking i could but I'm still going to try my best for them.
Tips? Ideas? I'm an industrious fellow an I'm sure with some time i could implement something quite far fetched.

When i started the job i thought i might be able to create some kind of ESP for the blind, i still think i could, but it's going to be a LOT of work.
Astral constructs designed to bestow easy ESP? that's the ticket but I'm still dubious as weather or not to include anything else while I'm at it..

All advice/comments welcome!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Goibniu
post Sep 17 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Sorry to hear that, but don't feel too bad. That kind of work they have a high turn-over and there is little security. Essentially they let people go for little or no reason.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Sep 19 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Goibniu @ Sep 17 2010, 10:58 PM) *

Sorry to hear that, but don't feel too bad. That kind of work they have a high turn-over and there is little security. Essentially they let people go for little or no reason.

I'm also sorry, and I agree. Good luck getting back on your feet, Draw!

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Draw   Healing Advice   Sep 8 2010, 11:23 AM
Goibniu   I've taught taiji/ tai chi classes in retireme...   Sep 9 2010, 12:03 AM
Draw   Thank you, that's a good idea, I've been m...   Sep 9 2010, 07:30 AM
monkman418   one of the reasons for getting the job was to get...   Sep 9 2010, 09:50 PM
Draw   I begrudgingly agree with you, I'd much rather...   Sep 10 2010, 11:38 AM
monkman418   Your right, everyone should have choice, but the ...   Sep 10 2010, 03:55 PM
Goibniu   I'm a Massage Therapist so I am doing hands on...   Sep 10 2010, 08:00 PM
monkman418   All human interactions are an exchange of energy....   Sep 10 2010, 09:09 PM
monkman418   I'm not going to comment on your receiving me...   Sep 11 2010, 05:26 PM
Draw   Goibniu, thats exactly wha i meen, i've done a...   Sep 11 2010, 10:10 AM
fatherjhon   If decisions are being made about persons based ...   Sep 11 2010, 06:34 PM
monkman418   I see no reason that the patient needs to be tol...   Sep 11 2010, 06:41 PM
Goibniu   I understand Monkman where you are coming from. I...   Sep 11 2010, 09:22 PM
monkman418   I like that this is a calm rational exchange of i...   Sep 11 2010, 10:59 PM
Draw   This is without doupt a far reaching subject, det...   Sep 12 2010, 04:14 AM
monkman418   Do you ask weather its OK to say hello before say...   Sep 12 2010, 10:00 AM
Draw   Your very right an i completely agree with you, i...   Sep 12 2010, 04:27 PM
Goibniu   Draw. A lot of the time we have people praying fo...   Sep 12 2010, 11:28 PM
Draw   Right, sober now.. I think the point i was trying ...   Sep 13 2010, 04:19 AM
Draw   Bollocks to all that, I've just been fired. Th...   Sep 17 2010, 06:47 AM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse