Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

So You Think You're Special., You sure?
Vagrant Dreamer
post Jan 10 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Practicus
Group Icon

I believe, or at least I hope, that i have a reputation here for being pretty patient in general, and being a decent fellow who rarely if ever loses his temper over stuff. I rarely have a reason - after all it's just a forum for all that it represents to me, and hopefully to others here as well; in the end how could I take anything here personally? I'd like to maintain that, and towards that end let me preface this just a bit.

I'm not angry. If anything, I'm amused, perhaps even amused at my own irritation - like when you see something that really gets under your skin, but is funny at the same time, and even funnier when you really lay into it. So, it's all in good humor, and I will continue to maintain an open 'door' policy to anyone who thinks they need help with a werewolf stalker, a thousand year old demon, an ancient evil mage from a past life, or aliens who are exacting a bloody price for the secrets they teach you while you sleep. That said...

...Stop it. Just stop it. It's as simple as that. You all know who you are. I'm tempted to pin this so you'll all see it. If you came here to find out how to best the black magician (who is a year older than you, 17) attacking you during math class, or here to learn the magic words that will give you control over the girl of your dreams, or how to enchant a sword to strike someone down without leaving a wound, or how to uncover your past life memories from when you were a grand high magus of the seventh circle of the super secret occult powers that were-are-and-will-be, press the back button, and go somewhere else. If you absolutely must post about your drama somewhere, go to occult forums. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evil.gif)

Now, despite the fact that each and every one of you - save those that are actually clinically psychotic, in which case maybe you just don't know better - knows that you're just fantasizing and trying to get us to get involved with it, you are all none-the-less wondering, "Well how do you know? Maybe I am in an eternal conflict with a black witch/mage/sorcerer/werewolf/demon/warlock/darkelf/insert-evil-here! Maybe I am a werewolf and I'm trying to cope with the inherent conflict in my life! Maybe my best friend really can conjure fireballs and won't tell me how!"

I'll tell you how. I was you. I was a crazy teen. Like many of you, I had a broken family, I didn't get the attention I wanted, I had a hard life and wanted an escape, and so I fantasized. Like you, I got my hands on a book 'about magicK' and met a couple of other preteens who were into magicK as well, and before you knew it we were having disco parties on the astral plane and discussing the adventures we had in our past lives. I had a friend who was a werewolf, who insisted that spending the night on a full moon was too dangerous, a friend who was a vampire, who insisted that vampires being unable to endure sunlight was a myth (they were however light sensitive, which is why she wore gaudy black sunglasses everywhere she went, inside or out). And me? Well I was the scion of an ancient order of protectors who were reincarnated over and over into the same role in order to safeguard the very consciousness of humanity. No no, I couldn't possibly get into the details, our lives are very secret, and anyone could be an enemy and NOT EVEN KNOW IT. Including you, my parents, my teachers, and anyone who suggested otherwise.

Like you, my parents didn't pay enough attention, and when they did it was mostly to disapprove of my choice of interests. Like you, all I had mostly were cheap books off the 'occult section' shelves at barnes and noble. Like you my friends reinforced my fantasies by pretending to believe in them as long as i pretended to believe in theirs. Unlike you, I didn't have a forum like this. Unlike you, I didn't stumble into a group of serious, mature occultists who could slap the sense into me. Instead, I had to just grow out of it. Let me tell you something, when you don't have a handful of mature adults who can just forgive you your senseless drama and say "Look, you know your faking it, just let it go and we can move forward, and I won't judge you for it," getting over that crap can take a long time, and be a painful process. Oh I know, I know very well. It becomes painful to let it go. After all, this is who you are, according to your own design. This is literally the freedom to be who you want to be, regardless that you have overshadowed who you really are completely.

Those of you who've been here long enough know this isn't the first time I've had to rant like this. But, we get a few dozen new members every week and the Gods know, we get a regular stream of ridiculous posts in kind. So it can afford to be said again.

So, to those of you just getting here, drop it at the door. I'm going to be a lot more frank and a lot less patient about that from now on. Because I realized, when I thought about it for a while, that patience on that matter wouldn't have done me any good. If I'd had the right person come and slap me around a little, with no patience for my teenage angsty BS, who knows where I'd be now. As it is, I have seen, and felt, and been witness to, fantastic things that make my old teenage fantasies pale and withered in comparison. Because they were real, and I earned them, and they taught me something, made me more whole, rather than simply covering up the incomplete me that I was unsatisfied with. And I was impatient when I started, just like you are now, and I wanted the short path. But the short path turned out to be the long path in disguise.

To those of you who have already spread your angsty drama, yours is a more difficult bit. Now there's no guarantee that those of you that have already posted this nonsense will read this particular post - but if you do: just say it here and now - "I know that was BS, but I'm ready to let that stuff go, because I want something real." I can't speak for everyone here. But as for me, I will not hold it against you, I will not boot you off the forum and I won't let the other mods/admins boot you either - as for me, you get a clean slate. As for others, well, who knows. I'm known to be particularly patient.

There is also a chance you were redirected here from whatever BS post you made. If I don't hear from you - and I'll seek admin approval for this - I'll boot you myself. You're gonna have to learn the long and hard way. Because this is a forum for discussion, exchange, and learning, of experience, theory, belief, and interest, based on the real substance of human curiosity and need for growth. Not a place for you to find faceless people to join you in your narcissistic fantasy brigade. I'm tired of seeing trash fill up the pages of this forum, because this is a respectable place for honest inquiry.

peace

EDIT: PS I'm using Vagrants Post to add this PS...I support his assessment(s) and wish to Thank him for a nicely worded statement. Not wanting to 'mar' his post with another 'reply' I piggybacked (forgive me Vagrant). PAY ATTENTION!
-Bym, Admin

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lord_Vahn
post Aug 19 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Just figured I'd say...
I'm new to the fourms but already you can tell who stands out here as a true practioner and who is'nt...
respect must be earned and it shows who knows thier stuff who's done their homework and who hasnt...

As a newbie to the fourms its really not my place to comment on this post as i really don't know all the drama you, how do i say more "senior members" have had to endure and done youre best to with hold totally destroying and ripping apart those that come here with self deluted fantasies.

but I will say to those of you that put the extra time in carfully editing youre posts to most make sure you present youre idea's and comments in the best way you can, it dosnt go unoticed and is greatly appreciated at least by myself and I'm sure many others here that.
come here seeking counsel and a place to bounce like idea's off one another...

with that said
Thanks for youre time, effort and deligence and remember that amongst the annoying drama's here I hope you find that there are certain kindred spirits here that value true knowledege and wisdom here.
Thanks again

P.s. maybe vagrent's originall post should be p.m.ed to all new accounts as part of a "welcome letter" that may help to snuff the b.s. before it sullies the fourms just a thought, though I'm sure it's not youre intent to police the site. just vent fraustration...

Take care

--------------------
All who wander are not lost,
On our quest for knowledge we simply take different roads
but together through understanding study and deiligence
we can work toward our unique dreams and goals.
united by a our thirst for knowledege
it is my hope and dream,
that by our combined power
we can build a briliant future
for a greater spiritual world.
wishing you the best on your own spiritual journey
Lord Vahn Bieale De La Exodus.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 17 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

Ahem.

*bump*
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 19 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #4

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

Seconded.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif)

Reading is bad enough, I feel for the mods.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Vagrant Dreamer   So You Think You're Special.   Jan 10 2009, 11:12 AM
Acid09   I just had to throw in my lot in this topic. I...   Jan 13 2009, 07:39 PM
valkyrie   I think i will be brave and say a few things of my...   Jan 17 2009, 02:00 PM
Vagrant Dreamer   I sympathize, even empathize, with you about that ...   Jan 18 2009, 08:13 AM
Darkmage   Hear, hear. *applauds* I've seen way too much...   Jan 18 2009, 10:46 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   To those who find posts missing from this thread, ...   Jan 19 2009, 01:40 PM
Xenomancer   WHen I started my posts here, I was like that: Sel...   Jan 20 2009, 01:44 AM
Darkmage   Ah, yes, but who learns from success? Xeno, I pers...   Jan 20 2009, 02:26 AM
valkyrie   well, i am greatly relieved that you are not angry...   Jan 20 2009, 12:52 PM
Bb3   It's important to remember for many people tha...   Jan 22 2009, 04:47 AM
valkyrie   "People actually whole heartedly dedicated to...   Jan 22 2009, 02:05 PM
Bb3   I'm replying to Valkyrie's post here: htt...   Feb 3 2009, 04:51 AM
Wiggs1992   While reading this post, I felt hurt just like you...   Mar 14 2009, 11:19 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   What made me want to post were the hypocritical s...   Mar 14 2009, 03:51 PM
Wiggs1992   I think I understand better now, sorry for the mis...   Mar 14 2009, 04:34 PM
ron stafford   Well done 1992. Aspire,Stand Tall and Grow ,but y...   Mar 14 2009, 01:08 PM
esoterica   there is nothing more desperate than the physical...   Mar 15 2009, 11:26 AM
Acid09   Although this thread is bit dated and I kind of fo...   Apr 6 2009, 08:24 PM
esoterica   btdt, sosdd, bwein, etc - at least this place kno...   Apr 7 2009, 07:59 AM
Darkmage   That wall sculpture sounds interesting. Where can ...   Apr 7 2009, 08:20 AM
esoterica   i hate money and value beyond that of a need, but ...   Apr 7 2009, 08:54 AM
al_zaine   "So you think you're special"?.........   Apr 7 2009, 09:31 AM
Mchawi   Ahhhh... remember messing with energy when I was a...   Apr 7 2009, 11:50 AM
esoterica   and a big hearty welcome to everybody from OF - be...   Apr 7 2009, 12:31 PM
Acid09   Trust me Es, if I thought your contributions to ...   Apr 8 2009, 07:48 PM
esoterica   thanks, acid - i feel all warm and squishy dammit...   Apr 9 2009, 07:34 AM
valkyrie   ah well garsh! :blush: don't i feel :bo...   Apr 9 2009, 09:45 PM
Ankhhape   Just my two cents worth on this thread: Narcissis...   Apr 10 2009, 06:37 PM
valkyrie   well actually its funny that you should mention ...   Apr 10 2009, 10:15 PM
esoterica   oh gak! how freudian! - (ruby 2, feedback...   Apr 11 2009, 07:37 AM
Ankhhape   esoterica: My 'Jungian' reference was not ...   Apr 11 2009, 10:23 AM
azareth   Well,for me,I dont believe I am special in any sen...   Apr 11 2009, 01:49 PM
Aphrodite   Not to be a b**** but the over whelming skepticism...   Apr 11 2009, 04:52 PM
valkyrie   'there are no such thing as the happy gentle b...   Apr 11 2009, 11:16 PM
valkyrie   " it comes with the territory of going beyond...   Apr 12 2009, 10:28 AM
esoterica   i just now figured out there was a page 2 lol gue...   Apr 12 2009, 01:21 PM
Acid09   :blush: Now I feel all warm and squishy inside....   Apr 14 2009, 05:35 PM
Aphrodite   I wasn’t being literal. I’m just making an analogy...   Apr 14 2009, 09:09 PM
esoterica   interesting how folks express dehumanization my d...   Apr 15 2009, 08:24 AM
valkyrie   when i said embracing humanity i meant embracing i...   Apr 15 2009, 11:00 AM
Acid09   I think we're getting a little off topic. But ...   Apr 15 2009, 07:07 PM
esoterica   >>we are all animals and we all originated f...   Apr 16 2009, 09:02 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   Ahem. *bump* :wallbash:   Nov 17 2010, 03:31 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse