Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Creating Servitors
Ethereal Sight
post Jan 5 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Light Wielder
Group Icon

So I've scoured this forum and two others for six hours at this point and there are several posts on how to make a thoughtform servitor without actually explaining how it's done. I've seen a lot of book recommendation, but that's not accessible to me. I have absolutely zero idea how to do this and I need it for a ritual I'm planning (the ritual's in July, so no sweat on timing, but practice makes perfect). I've been told to sigilize, but I'm really bad at that because the process confuses me. I want to endow my servitor with certain properties and abilities fed by elemental energies, but I don't know how to do that. Help?

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Vilhjalmr
post Jan 7 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

^ I always felt that fetishes and idols were probably most useful for stuff on a spiritual/astral level. Are there ways to create, summon, or bind entities that can affect these planes (specifically through something like a talisman, fetish, idol, etc)?

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jan 7 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vilhjalmr @ Jan 7 2011, 03:13 AM) *

^ I always felt that fetishes and idols were probably most useful for stuff on a spiritual/astral level. Are there ways to create, summon, or bind entities that can affect these planes (specifically through something like a talisman, fetish, idol, etc)?

The astral and psychic spheres are often lumped together, but they are separated by a degree of vibration or phase. A thoughtform is a thought-given-form. They represent collections of concepts, which are in turn constructs of psychic material. Just as one's thoughts are not what is present, or affects, the astral sphere, likewise a thoughtform does not affect the astral sphere. The quality of thought in the astral sphere is very different, because a different part of you is thinking. If you want to create an entity to affect the astral sphere, then you must either create that entity there by reconstructing its physical base in the astral sphere, or create a physical 'duplicate' in the physical sphere of some astral 'base'.

The same process can be carried out in the psychic sphere. Most 'astral projection' is projection to the psychic sphere. Things are more concrete there, and it is more closely tied to the physical, hence, we can create thoughtforms more easily on that sphere.

If you are able to contact an entity during projection to the astral sphere, that entity can give you a 'key' of sorts, or can specifically instruct you as to what qualities of objects are necessary to establish a fetisch for that particular spirit. This is a typical 'medicine shamanism' kind of approach applied to spirit guides, spirit animals, etc. It will be a quality of object as well as a quality of thought around it - a taboo of a sort. Astral entities need to descend through the psychic and to the etheric world to mediate between, which means they need a psychic resonance (taboo) and an etheric resonance (quality of fetisch {think, 'from a graveyard' 'growing wild' 'cut from a certain tree at a certain time', etc.}) and a physical 'magnet' (fetisch object itself). You can go backwards by getting an object of a certain quality and treating it a certain way, drawing a particular kind of spirit down that way - but, you either have to be informed of that particular spirit's natures and requirements, or you have to know enough to know how to get the kind of spirit you want.

To go a level up, causal entities follow the same formulae, but in addition to a particular kind and quality of object treated a certain way, you must be a 'certain kind of person'. Your own personal astral quality is something above and beyond your thoughts, having something to do with the quality of your actions and the summation of the motivation of your thoughts. Astral self is a kind of 'pre-thought' self which is more essential and directing than your mental self. But consider - angels are causal beings, and the abramelin operation requires rituals involving handing out alms and spreading psalms, fasting and being chaste, etc. Particular qualities of beingness, to create resonance for causal spirits that must have an 'in' to the astral sphere through which to descend. Beyond the causal I don't know what is required, but you can see how the formulae operates, hopefully.

Additionally the same explanation taken 'down' a level to just the thoughtforms initially discussed - a certain kind and quality of object, but without the taboo. On the physical sphere we create with certain kinds of objects, and their quality is inconsequential. See?

Different traditions parse things up in different ways. Etheric, psychic, astral, causal, etc., come with different names, but the qualities of each remain basically the same. The same goes for 'sacred objects' of various traditions. There are degrees of 'specialness' in various objects from personal icons to village idols, and so on, each requiring apparently different degrees of operation by their devoted.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse