Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vampirism Rumor
plainsight
post May 9 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I heard about a vampire rumor from the Twin cities area. Some 50 or so people were caught, but escape from authorities due to some unusual strength. They had fangs and were drinking blood.

On the flip-side I know some of these people also practiced shamanism, which some of the ritual is eating or drinking animal blood. So I'm not sure if they conjured something unworldly, or if some redneck is just making up some rumors based on a custom they don't understand.

I heard ethnic people are buying up charms, wards, etc. up there and apparently rope with dog feces is the only way to keep them bond. Not sure about that. Anyways, just some warning.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Draw
post Aug 21 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I think that their are almost certainly vampires (or things very close to the legends) now, not necessarily before the films however.
The fact is that if you get a whole generation obsessed with the dam things, so much so they start forming groups an cults, they will inevitably start actually succeeding.
Their will be lots of disappointments, lots of cut wrists lots of people spending the rest of their days in mental institutes; but their will also be people who actually find the means to do it.
Where their is a will...
Once a few manage it, their are thousands of people who are more than willing to become part of it, it's sexy and it's got the allure of longevity an power.
I personally know quite a few people who would jump at the chance, they are lot fools, they just watch TV.

The whole energy vampirisim has been explored by quite a few people here i'm sure, i had a phase.. an saw that it's got a lot of potential for addictivness with people who have certain things missing in their lives.
It's undeniably powerful an when set with an intent to become more like the legends it could easily become a seriously real thing.

The rumor sounds pretty plausible to me, the characature of the vampire is a secretive thing so should this kind of thing start to happen, we won't hear about it until it becomes a serious problem.
On top of all that, studying the legends with an understanding of magic makes me feel like their is a certain logic to it to start with; i hate to say it but i think the possibility of 'old' vampires to also be quite high.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
plainsight   Vampirism Rumor   May 9 2011, 11:47 AM
Dancing Coyote   I heard about a vampire rumor from the Twin citie...   May 14 2011, 03:57 PM
VitalWinds   A news article would be awesome.   May 14 2011, 04:28 PM
LadyMorwen   I heard about a vampire rumor from the Twin citie...   May 15 2011, 10:34 AM
VitalWinds   Hmmmm, yes. Because anyone who likes rumors and li...   May 18 2011, 09:18 PM
Dancing Coyote   Hmmmm, yes. Because anyone who likes rumors and l...   May 19 2011, 12:27 AM
VitalWinds   Ah, yes. 19. The age when a little boy is just com...   May 19 2011, 02:47 PM
LadyMorwen   VitalWinds, why did you got so worked up over my o...   May 19 2011, 03:13 PM
VitalWinds   Because it was the most ridiculous thing you could...   May 20 2011, 01:25 AM
LadyMorwen   Because it was the most ridiculous thing you coul...   May 20 2011, 10:55 AM
☞Tomber☜   Well sweety you're free to listen to & to...   May 20 2011, 11:35 AM
LadyMorwen   Vampires are not real other than emotional leeche...   May 20 2011, 12:24 PM
VitalWinds   I don't know about vampires, but I've seen...   May 20 2011, 08:16 PM
Petrus   Moderator mode enabled. ;) Topic has been moved t...   May 20 2011, 11:45 PM
LadyMorwen   Moderator mode enabled. ;) Topic has been moved ...   May 21 2011, 11:56 AM
Dancing Coyote   I'm a monkey with opinions, a self image, a re...   May 21 2011, 11:47 PM
Musky Tusk   What's the definition of a vampire and werewol...   May 21 2011, 12:15 AM
Imperial Arts   Werewolf- someone who involuntarily changes into...   May 22 2011, 12:57 AM
Sosorius   What's the definition of a vampire and werewo...   May 22 2011, 01:54 AM
Waterfall   Sosorius, you're correct about the history of ...   May 22 2011, 10:30 AM
plainsight   I would agree such a rumor is too fantastic to bel...   Aug 4 2011, 02:25 AM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse