Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

No, You're Wrong., >:-(
VitalWinds
post Nov 25 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Anybody else here getting tired of the people who always want to say that you're wrong?

The "above average" student who tries to use science to debate whatever they can.
The religious zealot who uses arguments such as "Well, you're going to hell. That's just the harsh reality of it."
Or maybe just the goddamn skeptics who like to deny the existence of anything above them simply because they can never get enough proof.

Makes me freaking irate.

We should all do something about these people. Any suggestions? Maybe organized genocide? Mass marginalization and eradication? War? LOL. (It's funny cause those are all basically the same thing.) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif)

But no really. Something ought to be done about people like this. Maybe we could start a movement to pass a bill making it illegal to deny another person's beliefs, so that a person has to state that it is only their opinion. I mean really it should all be categorized as hate speech anyway. If I started saying in a public building that all Mexicans were shit, I would get arrested. Yet Christians can stand around in their Churches and belittle the beliefs of others, simply because the people who founded this country were Christian. ...They were also white. And isn't it more wrong to verbally assault someone for their beliefs than for their heritage? It's "Oh, Buddha was a fatty and you're going to hell" as compared to "I dislike you because your people have social standards that most of the rest of the world would imprison a person for."

Am I making sense to you guys? I'm saying that it's one thing to assault a person's heritage, but quite another to assault their beliefs. Yes, it is all marginalization, but one has some degree of rationale behind it (unless you're a hateful inbred).

And I was soooo not serious about starting a holocaust. I'm just making a point in the best way that I can at the moment, and would ask that the moderators not freak out over it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Vagrant, I would appreciate your normal in-depth critique.

--------------------
Peace.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
VitalWinds   No, You're Wrong.   Nov 25 2011, 11:40 PM
Vagrant Dreamer   Anybody else here getting tired of the people who...   Nov 26 2011, 12:13 PM
VitalWinds   Thank you again! I knew you'd have somethi...   Nov 27 2011, 07:01 AM
grim789   I have become use to constant dissing on my whole ...   Nov 27 2011, 10:52 PM
VitalWinds   I have become use to constant dissing on my whole...   Nov 28 2011, 02:55 AM
Praxis   I simply, calmly, and evenly tell the folks who te...   Nov 30 2011, 07:20 AM
grim789   I like that. I've managed to do that to a few...   Nov 30 2011, 08:15 AM
☞Tomber☜   At that point, they usually proclaim "It...   Nov 30 2011, 06:28 PM
Praxis   You’ve just said it’s about what Chr...   Dec 1 2011, 07:50 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   It's an unfortunate natural consequence of rel...   Dec 1 2011, 09:53 AM
Praxis   You're right. For the overwhelming majority ...   Dec 1 2011, 10:35 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   I say, "almost" and not "totally...   Dec 1 2011, 06:05 PM
☞Tomber☜   Personally, it was never good enough for me. I ne...   Dec 2 2011, 09:09 PM
Vagrant Dreamer   I see the point of wanting God to step down from ...   Dec 3 2011, 10:56 AM
Praxis   Fear. Many believers make the argument, and as...   Dec 4 2011, 07:46 AM
☞Tomber☜   "Although a few scholars have questioned the ...   Dec 5 2011, 09:28 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   "Although a few scholars have questioned the...   Dec 5 2011, 08:15 PM
Praxis   Hey - if you find that magick works for you acco...   Dec 5 2011, 10:19 AM
☞Tomber☜   ^ Sounds like a solid position. We disagree over p...   Dec 5 2011, 10:21 PM
Bb3   Many fascinating ideas articulated here and it...   Dec 19 2011, 05:23 AM
☞Tomber☜   Now when it gets complex, the majority of religio...   Dec 19 2011, 10:20 PM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse