Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Best Thing To Transcribe On..., Tomes, Grimoire, Bookbinding
Qcks
post May 19 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

So... I'm new to all this magical stuff, and i want to start a record of my magical experimentation.

I'm a fairly big believer in putting as much of myself into whatever i'm doing as i can.

As such, i thought i might be as literal as i can and i'm interested in scribing my book in my own blood.
In a very literal way, i'd be putting bits of myself into my magical tome.

That said, as part of my reason for practicing magic, i think that blood on paper might not work so well for me.
I want something that will long out last me and bear witness to my existence to the external, collective reality for a much longer time then i will be around.

So.... i've been thinking of trying engraved metal as a stand in for traditional paper.
Copper or aluminum sheets can easily be marked with a nail or some other sharp steel implement, so it seems like that might be the way to go, but cost is a concern (for now anyway).

I'm wondering what some of the occult qualitites, if any, are inherant in aluminum (according to you the reader)?
Regardless i need to experiment with engraving unfolded aluminum cans to make sure they hold the impressions from an engraving under adverse conditions (i plan on putting it on a bookshelf, but, in 50 years, who knows where it'll be). Foil is probably too thin to hold an engraving for any significant length of time. .

I may default back to blood on paper with some different protections in place on it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
☞Tomber☜
post May 21 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Why would you use your own blood? That's not really useful, kind of creepy, and not good practice (imo, imo... I know).

You seem more interested in the theatrics, or art, than in the magic. If you want to do magic, choose a branch and just start doing it. No need for frills, moonlit sacrifices, or blood grimories. If it seems like older magicians got to do all the cool stuff and that I am doing nothing more than trying to hold you back, then go a head with whatever you want, but unless you know why you are doing something, why you are using something, and what those things symbolize, you can't expect to get spiritual/occult results.

In fairness this could be worse though, for example, using your blood for writing sigils/offerings with demonic evocations or something like that.

I understand the desire for having cool occult stuff like this (who around here doesn't?), but this just isn't necessary and will probably only serve as a distraction from real magic work.

Goodluck though

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: May 21 2012, 10:35 AM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 21 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

There is an easy combination available that will make this much easier to accomplish on both counts.

First, use stone paper - if you google it you will find several sources. It will last practically forever assuming it isn't destroyed, and it will trap the ink that you use on it in such a way that it will not fade for a very, very long time. If what you produce is subjectively valuable enough to be passed down, it could potentially be seen by your descendants centuries from now and look virtually the same as it was when you penned it.

For blood, a single drop in some ink will suffice, it does not have to be all written in blood, once a drop is mixed with the ink, the link you are looking for is established. Just don't lose the ink.

I would suggest two books - one for notes to be arranged and prepared, and the other for the actual transcription. This way you don't waste ink and pages. I would also recommend handbinding your own book - it is not difficult to do, although you might want to make a practice book first and correct your mistakes afterwards.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 07:28 AM