Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Perfect Astrology, Impossible but nice to know
Draw
post Jul 7 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I was having a pretty heavy Neptune transit through my AC a few years ago while researching tree of life stuff,

So i made this, it seems pretty hot to me but that's me..

Understanding perfection is understanding why we ain't so i figured it was a subject going to happen.

Would you put the planets someplace else? why?

I was pondering putting them on the cusps, clockwise, tho i'm not sure.
Swapping Mercury for Uranus?

Also, say you could set up a bunch of obelisks or something representing the planets an have ur wife give birth under any combination you desired, would you?
Personally i think i would, depends on the wife though..

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana.gif)

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Draw: Jul 7 2012, 02:40 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
☞Tomber☜
post Jul 10 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jul 10 2012, 05:03 PM) *

This has made me curious about the idea of calculating charts intentionally based on outcomes rather than observation of available configurations. If you wouldn't mind, tomber, I would like to construct a chart myself and see what you think of it. Specifically, what do you think might be the result of having one's mercury and/or venus too far from the sun? Farther than it would naturally go, I mean. A very impersonal communicator, or someone unable to appreciate their own beauty? Could a person even communicate at all with a Sun/Mercury opposition? Or, never say what they mean? Obviously we're talking templates with trends, not absolutes, but still.

Sure, I'll look at any charts you have.

I had been thinking about the whole mercury farther away thing because it was interesting but I wasn't sure. Same with Venus. I would guess that it would basically function like other placements or aspects, and someone would need a whole chart to take this into consideration. When I approach a human chart, whether it's a natal chart, transits, or progressions I like to think that there are basic mental, physical, and spiritual "pieces" that are essential, and which must expressed by the individual at some level or another. That means, even if Mars suddenly blew up, people would still function with Mar's qualities, but it seems likely that other planets would take up that responsibility to compensate for the loss.

If Mercury was opposite the Sun I would look at Uranus to see if maybe the "group think" had replaced the "I think". But of course an opposition indicates the ability to resolve through balance, so that person might just have major disassociation issues... with the thinking process. I imagine the outer planets would be outlets for this sort of inhibition because often society will be the "voice" for people who can't speak, such as is the case for some disabled people.You are probably really close to reality when you say that these people might never say what they mean. These aspects might be strange or odd, but I doubt they would cause major issues by themselves.

Vagrant, I think your idea of calculating charts for a specific outcome is really amazing if you can make it work. Constructing a chart would be easy for specific goals. Obviously the problem with making an "artificial" chart for someone to be perfect, is that there is no perfect. Someone could make a warrior, a thinker, a worker, a homebody, an artist, a businessman... almost anything, but this world isn't perfect and there is no perfect chart. Period. In my experience it is more about what an individual will choose to do under certain stresses (aspects), than what they are born with. On the other hand, it's all about "the cards you're dealt".

I know Bardon claims that the magician controls the stars, not the other way around, but I unfortunately totally unsuccessful with this personally, and have never seen anyone ever who actually achieved that amount of power or influence. I suppose I'm just not at that level... some of the people on these forums might be though. For anyone who can claim that they are no longer under the direct influence of the stars, due to their wills, I would love to talk about how you did that. It would be an incredible achievement.

By the way, how is the astrology consultations through your website going Vagrant? Any interesting charts?

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 10 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(☞Tomber☜ @ Jul 10 2012, 08:41 PM) *

Vagrant, I think your idea of calculating charts for a specific outcome is really amazing if you can make it work. Constructing a chart would be easy for specific goals. Obviously the problem with making an "artificial" chart for someone to be perfect, is that there is no perfect. Someone could make a warrior, a thinker, a worker, a homebody, an artist, a businessman... almost anything, but this world isn't perfect and there is no perfect chart. Period. In my experience it is more about what an individual will choose to do under certain stresses (aspects), than what they are born with. On the other hand, it's all about "the cards you're dealt".

Oh I agree - and I think one of the telling elements of astrology is that no matter where you put them, the planets will always produce, or represent, strengths and weaknesses, challenges and tools. As a potential cosmological template it informs us, it would seem, that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I know Bardon claims that the magician controls the stars, not the other way around, but I unfortunately totally unsuccessful with this personally, and have never seen anyone ever who actually achieved that amount of power or influence. I suppose I'm just not at that level... some of the people on these forums might be though. For anyone who can claim that they are no longer under the direct influence of the stars, due to their wills, I would love to talk about how you did that. It would be an incredible achievement.

There are hard aspects in my chart that I have specifically sought to overcome. For some this has worked out - for others, it is still an ongoing process. But I do believe that the reference made was intended to convey that a magician should not have to wait until this and such auspicious moment - that through his will, the celestial forces should be at hand as the magician requires them. It is however something worth noting that if one is to view their chart as a specific challenge - here are these problems, here are some tools, be the best human being that you can be under the circumstances - this not only sounds a great deal like Karma, but also gives astrology a very utilitarian element towards self-growth that is really not focused on much, at least in the books that I have read. Granted, they are mostly information on how to read charts, not what to do with them; presumably such books do exist. And as with Tarot, I've had basically no interaction with astrologers in terms of reading my chart with an aim to get something utilitarian out of it.

By the way, how is the astrology consultations through your website going Vagrant? Any interesting charts?

I only took two astrology consultations which turned out to be very brief interpretation with long talks about the philosophy of astrology, there were a LOT of questions about astrology itself rather than their chart specifically. It started both times with something approximating "I just don't get how it could say that, it's crazy! How does that work?" Both clients were pleased with the outcome though, and came back for tarot readings. So, good, I suppose, 2 for 2, if not entirely constructive. Not particularly interesting in the kind of outlier way you probably mean, however. Over the last couple of months I have had mostly custom project requests, enough that I haven't had time to produce anything else, and so haven't spent much time maintaining the site, and haven't been taking consultations online. I have been reading more at the office, which I was initially worried about but it doesn't seem to have hurt business and in fact I've had several clients ask for readings that I would never have expected! At some point I'll master organization and utilize my time more judiciously, but for now the extra work is fun and profitable, if a bit... unique, I suppose, at times. Nature of the beast, I think.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse