Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cleansing & Charging A New Talisman (ring)
JohnnyScience
post Oct 19 2012, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hello all, looking for a little help & guidance.

I am looking to cleanse & charge a new ring as a talisman. It is a silver ring (92.5) with a big Lapis Lazuli stone & engraved with JohnnyScience. I did not make the ring myself, but had a jeweler make it for me. I realize if you can make it yourself it is a much stronger talisman, but I'm not a jeweler. I haven't "worn" the ring yet, but have tried it on for fit & looks.

I was reading around the internets & found this cleansing ritual:
http://www.enchantedworks.com/db/view_article.php?story_id=20050516144925

I am hoping to perform this on the full moon of the 29th of this month with all of the materials listed within that ritual.

The only thing I'm confused about is the South being fire, I've read some where that North is Fire? Which one is correct? The rest seems to be correct right? East is Air, West is Water & Earth is whichever one isn't Fire.

What do you guys think of that one? Do you have anything to edit or add?

Would adding my blood to the ritual at some point be even better?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JohnnyScience
post Nov 7 2012, 03:06 AM
Post #2

Initiate
Group Icon

I like the directions you place the elements in, makes sense unless someone can say other wise.

Honestly what I find myself following most lately is Crowley's work, but I'm new to it all so have no clue how to really go about this.

Since I'm new I'm not really familiar with any particular deities/entities I want to devote/call upon for this. So what should I do, just invoke the goddess (which goddess?) instead of trying to evoke a particular deity?

So before I do the cleaning ritual I need to quite "authority"? Do you have a link that explains how to do so?

What about adding blood to the ritual at some point?

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 7 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(JohnnyScience @ Nov 7 2012, 04:06 AM) *

I like the directions you place the elements in, makes sense unless someone can say other wise.

Honestly what I find myself following most lately is Crowley's work, but I'm new to it all so have no clue how to really go about this.

Much of Crowley's work is aimed at attaining the true will, which is his version of spiritual authority.

Since I'm new I'm not really familiar with any particular deities/entities I want to devote/call upon for this. So what should I do, just invoke the goddess (which goddess?) instead of trying to evoke a particular deity?

If you have a relationship of some wort with a deity, call upon that one. Otherwise, establish this relationship through the ritual itself. Make offerings, pray for empowerment, etc. It is possible to invoke divine authority this way, but you have to be earnest about it, just saying words doesn't cut it.

So before I do the cleaning ritual I need to quite "authority"? Do you have a link that explains how to do so?

You can cleanse an object by wrapping it in silk and burying it from one full moon to the next. That is, bury it on the night of the full moon and dig it up again on the following full moon. Wash it off with cold salt water afterwards. You don't have to do anything ritually to accomplish this, it's just the nature of a buried thing to give up its energy to the earth, a kind of 'reset'. Begin the process on the full moon so that it will wane and disappear, and then be renewed by the following moon with new cleansed energy.

You don't need spiritual authority to cleanse a thing, though, no.

What about adding blood to the ritual at some point?

Adding blood to a ritual is not useful unless you understand how to utilize it. As you say you are new to this, I would wait until you have a broader understanding from experiences before experimenting with blood magic. Splashing blood on stuff doesn't make it inherently more powerful, it just makes it bloodstained. Sacrificing blood in an earnest display of devotion is a different story but it doesn't sound like you are quite there yet.

I think Vagrant Dreamer is saying that you can be given permission by a particular entity to consecrate your ring (as well as other things) on their behalf, or ask them to do it (like a prayer). Or you can more or less make them do it with your will. It's the difference between saying "I want you to do this please. Thank you.", and "Do this. Thank you."

Basically, yes - you can acquire spiritual authority by the intervention of a divine power (please do this, thank you); you can acquire it by identifying yourself with a divine power (assumption of godform, for instance); or you can cultivate your own spiritual authority (not just a one day practice you can just do when you need it, there is no such thing). You might also receive knowledge and communion of the HGA, for instance, which becomes a kind of go-to spirit between you and the rest of the spiritual world. There are many ways, but every tradition hinges on this concept - that the magician must have divine authority to do magic.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
JohnnyScience   Cleansing & Charging A New Talisman (ring)   Oct 19 2012, 01:05 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   Hello all, looking for a little help & guidan...   Oct 19 2012, 09:10 AM
☞Tomber☜   I like the directions you place the elements in, ...   Nov 7 2012, 06:39 AM
JohnnyScience   If you have a relationship of some wort with a de...   Nov 12 2012, 04:44 PM
Vagrant Dreamer   Ok so that makes sense to me. I think I would wa...   Nov 13 2012, 08:39 AM
JohnnyScience   Ok so with the Full Moon only 1 week away, I'v...   Nov 21 2012, 01:55 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   Ok so with the Full Moon only 1 week away, I...   Nov 22 2012, 12:31 AM
JohnnyScience   Let me first say, I really appreciate your in-dept...   Nov 26 2012, 03:05 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   Let me first say, I really appreciate your in-dep...   Nov 26 2012, 08:34 AM
Vagrant Dreamer   Additionally, it would be worthwhile to memorize i...   Nov 26 2012, 08:46 AM
JohnnyScience   I completely understand & agree with you. I p...   Nov 27 2012, 07:40 PM
Vagrant Dreamer   I completely understand & agree with you. I ...   Nov 28 2012, 12:05 AM
JohnnyScience   Well to give an update, things went fairly well, a...   Dec 2 2012, 05:37 AM
greenlantern153   If anyone is interested in a great text memorizati...   Feb 6 2013, 05:57 AM

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse