Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Practical Sigil Magic: Creating Personal Symbols For Success, Suggestions please?
Harkadenn
post Dec 11 2011, 05:26 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

In the book Practice Sigil Magic: Creating Personal Symbols for Success

To anyone who have read this book, please answer some questions as best as you can.

I fully understand how sigil working works but I really don't like the method of trance, specially those suggested by this book, such as near death experience or sex.
I don't do drugs and will never do and I was thinking some way such as how the movie "Inception" managed to place and idea in your unconscious.

Hmm... also, why can't just scrying to the sigil and reaching a trance state do the job?

This post has been edited by Harkadenn: Dec 11 2011, 05:29 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
☞Tomber☜
post Jan 24 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(arianna @ Jan 24 2013, 03:09 AM) *

I apologize for the term-ignorant-often the concept expressed by 'Italian alli'nglese changes, I think in Italian.
I'm not referring to Harkadenn that, in spite want to use the seal, is absurd certain practices to externalize of the seal.
And I fully agree with him, explaining them my position, I gave an input, that he might consider the use of the seal.
I challenged only, how is the mass and designed this hologram, and how we use our energy mistakenly, in my opinion.
And that this way of approaching to certain practices, it is the practice that whoever plays, obsolete / ti.
Haste, has never led to anything constructive.
To be truly conscious of it, that you create, you have to grow inwardly, to evolve, it takes so much time and patience.
This can also do a person who has little time, of course it will take more time and patience to evolve, but it does not matter, the important thing is to grow and learn about-manage our potential.
Then if the intent is not, but to use the occult esoteric for fun worldly, that is another thing, altogether insignificant in my opinion.

I usually have a little trouble understanding exactly what you mean so it helps me understand when you write simply and to the point. Your point here, I think, is that sigil magic might not a good idea because it is hasty and used for worldly fun.

Being hasty is never good, but maybe there is an issue with translation there. Saying someone is "hasty" is sort of like saying someone "babbles". Is there even a good way to be hasty? Can anyone really babble in a positive way? In English, both those words have negative associations with it so that saying "haste has never led to anything constructive", is sort of like saying "unconstructive things never lead to anything constructive".

Good use of patience requires a balance of action along with it. Without action at the right times, patience is more like stagnation.

There are many useful shortcuts in magic that are fine to use. Take reading for example. If you choose to never read then it would be essentially impossible to accumulate knowledge that you could gain by reading a few books. Those books could then serve as a way help transition the feelings you were experiencing from meditation into a clearer insight. Reading is a shortcut to understanding the experience and wisdom of a particular author. My point is that shortcuts should be balanced with patience but sometimes a hasty shortcut (such as reading a book) might be more effective than patience.

Of course too much worldly fun or pleasure is a bad thing, but by saying "too much" there is no argument because the phrase "too much" already presupposes the conclusion (and I know you didn't write "too much" I just wrote that because it crossed my mind).

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse