Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Best Thing To Transcribe On..., Tomes, Grimoire, Bookbinding
Qcks
post May 19 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

So... I'm new to all this magical stuff, and i want to start a record of my magical experimentation.

I'm a fairly big believer in putting as much of myself into whatever i'm doing as i can.

As such, i thought i might be as literal as i can and i'm interested in scribing my book in my own blood.
In a very literal way, i'd be putting bits of myself into my magical tome.

That said, as part of my reason for practicing magic, i think that blood on paper might not work so well for me.
I want something that will long out last me and bear witness to my existence to the external, collective reality for a much longer time then i will be around.

So.... i've been thinking of trying engraved metal as a stand in for traditional paper.
Copper or aluminum sheets can easily be marked with a nail or some other sharp steel implement, so it seems like that might be the way to go, but cost is a concern (for now anyway).

I'm wondering what some of the occult qualitites, if any, are inherant in aluminum (according to you the reader)?
Regardless i need to experiment with engraving unfolded aluminum cans to make sure they hold the impressions from an engraving under adverse conditions (i plan on putting it on a bookshelf, but, in 50 years, who knows where it'll be). Foil is probably too thin to hold an engraving for any significant length of time. .

I may default back to blood on paper with some different protections in place on it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 05:21 AM