Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Tapping The Spiritual Might Of The Ancients., Making up useful stuff
Draw
post Nov 23 2012, 06:23 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I was reading the necromonicon the other day, it was rather interesting i must say, like pulp-fiction demonology.. quite weird.
I can't help but think most of it's success is that includes the more monster-like spirits of this world, spirits that just don't get the credit their due.
Like.. they arn't real to begin with but because their are probably lots of sea-monster spirits an dragon-spirits which have had very little attention, it was a success.

I've been thinking for quite a while that it would be prudent to start my own..
Only i want an irrefutable element of truth to the whole brew, their are spirits or ghosts of billions of species as yet un-tapped.
So i was thinking of making a sigil an word for every species known to man, to represent the best possible amalgamation of their kind.
Or rather making a template to the creation of it an letting other people do most of the hard work..

So that you could call upon the spirit of the fox.. Vulpes which represents the best of all true foxes..
Or you could call upon the spirit of all Canidae which would be a creature comprising of all the best bits of dogs, wolves, foxes, jackals an coyotes.
Representatives for all the species and groups of species, even if the species are wildly different from each-over.

So eventually people would have a powerful personification of not just every species known to man but also a representative of all that has had worth that had been lost.

In a way, pan seem's like an attempt at something like this.

Tapping into the lost life of our planet might have some extra bonus's, for instance, while communing with some anciant fungal god you might learn much more about the anciant world, stuff that would otherwise only become known to time-travelers.

Taking it back to the basics like that might also give clues as to how much of life continues in other dimentions, for instance, tiny extinct human like spirits might have continued to exist/breed in another branch-off dimension.

So theoretical representations of the continuation of lost species could also be plausable.
Like.. "I summon Ekkkkkkkkkima, the female representative to the continued existance of the lost species of T-Rex!"

Basically.. lots of room for re-interpretation by multiple individuals may lead so some really hard to find insights about the world back in their time and the worlds outside our time.
Seems like a sensible basis for evocation work to me.

Also, active spiritual cohesion's like that might be useful to the living relatives of their representative species.
i.e. hedgehogs might stop trying to cross busy roads.. crocodiles figure out how to clean up their public image by saving children in floods..chickens start killing people lol

At the very least it could make a fantastic animated TV series.

I'm not sure if i need to worry about some 'home of the spirits' or someplace for these spirits to presumably reside between use.
Life being as environmentally dependent as it is, the 'best bits' of anything would need to be partially calculated for a specific environment.

I'm not sure if some organized version of this has been created already, i've not herd of it if it has but theirs bound to be some similar belief system out their.

Any ideas/criticism/discussion welcome.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse