Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Some Q's About The Lbrp, LBRP
ManNowDead
post Sep 28 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Hi, I am fairly new to the actual practice of CM and have a few questions regarding the LBRP that I hope someone could answer.

I have been meditating for quite a while, prior to gaining a strong interest in magick by any means. After reading the intro to Regardie's Golden Dawn and the first and second chapter of Modern Magick, I felt it was time for me to begin the LBRP (I have, at this point, been doing it twice a day for only two days). Some of my questions also come from a few youtube videos that I have seen about the LBRP (I know that youtube isn't the greatest source but it raised some questions nontheless)

I heard someone on youtube say that because this ritual is angelic in nature, it is absolutely necessary to wash your feet and preferably bathe prior to the ritual. I do not wish to disrespect the higher forces in any manner, and am curious about other's opinions on this topic. Part of me sees this part necessary if not alone for the psychological priming that I know certainly aids (if it is not wholly contingent upon) in the success of the ritual.
Similarly, I am curious about the necessary qualities of my place of ritual. I live in a rather small apartment with a roommate who is probably not opposed to magick, but certainly has little to no idea of my desire to practice it. He is often around at night and I am restricted to my very tiny bedroom which is not even big enough for any altar and barely any walking room for the ritual. My ideal location at the moment in my place is the kitchen or living room, but unless he is not home I would not perform it there. Perhaps now is not the time to begin such a ritual, and I should simply continue with meditations and readings until the time is right. Even if I do perform it in my kitchen or living room, they are not by any means sacred spaces. I feel that I must practice the ritual in order to get a good feel for it as well so part of me wants to think that I can currently not worry about such things. I am also curious about the magickal garb. Is it absolutely necessary when performing the LBRP? I currently have selected specific clothing for it as I have yet to create a robe. My next questions of course would be some tips on creating one. I know this is a lot at once, and I truly appreciate anyone who is offering some advice. I will continue to search the forums for some more answers in the mean time. Thank you all.

Sincerely,

MND

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse