Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rulers and Elemental Associations?, Could the Chiefs be elemental in nature?
AVP
post Aug 29 2005, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Avete Omnes!

Okay everyone, please be gentle with me as I am admittedly new to the Goetia.

In my readings of the Lemegeton I have found two entries that confuse me...

These be the 72 Mighty Kings and Princes which King Solomon Commanded into a Vessel of Brass, together with their Legions. Of whom BELIAL, BILETH, ASMODAY, and GAAP, were Chief.

farther down the same page...
THESE 72 Kings be under the Power of AMAYMON, CORSON, ZIMMAY or ZIMINAIR, and GAAP, who are the Four Great Kings ruling in the Four Quarters, or Cardinal Points, viz.: East, West, North, and South, and are not to be called forth except it be upon Great Occasions...

This calls to mind several (probably dumb) questions...

Does anyone know why Gaap is listed as all of the below?
a) one of the four Chiefs,
b) a Prince serving under Amaymon,
AND
c) a Great King ruling another Quarter beside Amaymon?

The latter fact brings up another question... does anyone know why Gaap is the only Great King that has a Seal listed in the book?

Allright... now that I have my prliminary questions out of the way, lets get to the really kooky ones...

I was recently reading 21st Century Mage by J. Newcomb. One of the theories he put forth about the Four Evil Princes of the Abramelin Operation got me to thinking. He examines the Four evil princes as being manifestations of our "Elemental" fears.

Anyway, I was looking at this theory and found some kernel of truth in it.

I know, I know, I know, the Abramelin Operation and the Goetia are two completely different systems...

I was still wondering if anyone has ever noticed any elemental connections corresponding to either the 4 Chiefs, or the 4 Great Kings?

I'm really curious to see what everyone thinks...

LVX
AVP

--------------------
www.hedjwer.sacred-magick.com/forum

user posted image

"I won't say the practice can't be dangerous. However, as with anything else that involves risk, it is really a matter of education and experience.

For example, electricians aren't dropping dead by the thousands- even though the forces they work with every day are *extremely* dangerous. Meanwhile, folks who fancy themselves handy with electricty and go playing around with it unawares often get burned badly."

-- Quoting Aaron Lecht concerning the grimoires

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse