Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Starting To Use Use Runes.
Animal Shaman
post Nov 15 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Runes have always fascinated me, however for some reason I never delved into them until now. I'm not sure if it was intimidation of learning them or that I felt I wasn't ready to handle Runic magik until now. In either case bought the box set Runes: The Gods' Magical Alphabet. I have to say, that the feel of of them in my hands was a good one, affirming my decision to finally start using runes in my practice.

Other than the hand book I had bought A practical guide to The Runes by Lisa Peschel to learn and use them. I do plan on buying Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic as many here have suggested the book and have given it good reviews. I am also going to get Runelore: A Handbook of Esoteric Runology, and Runecaster's Handbook: The Well of Wyrd to further my knowledge in them.

I have yet to use any of the spreads for divination as I'm not comfortable yet using them in that manner until I completely learn the runes and their meaning. However I have been pulling one rune a day and meditation on its meaning and what its meaning is for me for the day, like I do with my medicine cards.

Does anyone have any advice on their use or even other books that I might benefit from in my learning of runes?

--------------------
totem guiding me in life right now:
The Frog
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse